Backyard Cricket (New game, early development)

Ed Harradine

School Cricketer
Hi everyone

I've been creating a free form action cricket engine for a while now and would love some feedback. So far I've only produced videos of the batting, although the early work on the bowling side felt good too.

The game is built for customizable playing conditions and rules. Right now I'm just trying to perfect the batting controls. Once the controls are right the idea is that you can build your own backyards and either post them live or send them to friends as challenges.

Bodacity Games - YouTube

Thanks everyone. Hope you like the videos and the concept.

- Ed

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Hi everyone

I've been creating a free form action cricket engine for a while now and would love some feedback. So far I've only produced videos of the batting, although the early work on the bowling side felt good too.

The game is built for customizable playing conditions and rules. Right now I'm just trying to perfect the batting controls. Once the controls are right the idea is that you can build your own backyards and either post them live or send them to friends as challenges.

Bodacity Games - YouTube

Thanks everyone. Hope you like the videos and the concept.

- Ed
Is this a PS3 move game?? The video feels like that though...

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
It's all mouse right now, but if I had the chance for sure would do this for Move. Also would love to do this for Oculus.
Would definitely buy if done for PS3 move gameplay with a normal sized ground and fielders...Oculus would also be really good addition...

Kashif567

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If you include a bowler and batsman then it would be great. Currently it looks a ghost game

Ed Harradine

School Cricketer
If you include a bowler and batsman then it would be great. Currently it looks a ghost game

I think the trailer may make it a bit clearer, the game isn't so much about making it look real (with batters and bowlers) as much as being able to create authentic shots, and not authentic shots for that matter. Adding something for the bowler would be good though, right now it can be a bit hard to pick up the ball when it launches out of nowhere.

Right now though I'm working on the backyard editor. It looks like to start with we'll have adjustable fence lines and pitch size, and you can set the slope of your yard. If anyone has other ideas for things we should include I'll look at those too!byc.jpg

A

A.R123 Max

Well you may begin with games like this one and soon make a professional game.

Kashif567

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think the trailer may make it a bit clearer, the game isn't so much about making it look real (with batters and bowlers) as much as being able to create authentic shots, and not authentic shots for that matter. Adding something for the bowler would be good though, right now it can be a bit hard to pick up the ball when it launches out of nowhere.

Right now though I'm working on the backyard editor. It looks like to start with we'll have adjustable fence lines and pitch size, and you can set the slope of your yard. If anyone has other ideas for things we should include I'll look at those too!View attachment 153085
as said by a user before me add stumps. You always dont even have to make realistic batsmen and bowlers, if you got less time to make them then its not an issue

Ed Harradine

School Cricketer
In game items are next in actually, you can make them do whatever you like so you can set up realistic stumps, or you can use a bin or a watering can. Custom rules also apply so it can be out if the item is hit, or only hit on the front side, or if something touches the ground (like real bails). Physics for those items take a bit of work though, but I'm trying to test out a tower of Coke cans as a set of stumps, which you can also knock over the with bat if you go back too far.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
In game items are next in actually, you can make them do whatever you like so you can set up realistic stumps, or you can use a bin or a watering can. Custom rules also apply so it can be out if the item is hit, or only hit on the front side, or if something touches the ground (like real bails). Physics for those items take a bit of work though, but I'm trying to test out a tower of Coke cans as a set of stumps, which you can also knock over the with bat if you go back too far.
Sounds interesting..:D

Users who are viewing this thread