Italian Football Thread

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
it's an interesting article but I'm not sure about the whole "only a few million more than shane long/mccormack" to make the transfer fee seem paltry. He moved for the same amount as mandzukic cost atletico, in the circumstances I think getting about 20m was possible but that's not a huge amount off the 16m they got.

the rest is fairly spot on, milan's transfer problems do definitely come from not really knowing who they are right now, on one hand they still think they're the AC milan that was a contender for the CL, and serie A every season, when in reality they're second tier and need a plan to even get into the shape where they can fight for CL spots. they spoke of buying youth and developing, then they go and pick up Essien or Matri and are currently looking at Torres, how are any of these moves of a team that's looking at moving forward? they're stop gaps for a team that thinks that should it be challenging now and just needs a few names to complete the puzzle. they need to ditch galliani and berlu needs to take a back seat, I can't help but think they're unwillingness to accept this needs to be a long term project is, at least partly, down to fact that galliani and berlusconi are into their 70s and know that they really don't have the years to plan and wait for things to develop.

Reactions: War

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
^^

Ye in recent seasons AC Milan have no coherency to their transfers. When i say on skysports that they seriously interested in Torres, you really got to wonder if the owners have lost their minds. Great club like Milan deserves better for sure..

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
balotelli may or may not be a good signing for liverpool, we'll have to live with that. what milan can take from it is almost instantly el shaarawy looked amazing again without him lazing around upfront, SES wouldn't have been worth 10m on his performances since balotelli joined, without him he looks like one of the best young players in the world.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Fiorentina probably have the most injury prone strike duo who're also potentially world class - Rossi and Mario Gomez. Real shame.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
this is what I hate about these huge money, but everyone clubs, we miss so many good players because they spend their time on the bench game after game. Menez looks like an absolute gem of a player, I understand he might not be good enough to break into a star studded PSG line up but that it got to the point a player of his quality was leaving for free is insane.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Its super Sunday in Italy, Milan vs Napoli!!

Users who are viewing this thread