TableTop Cricket general discussion

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Noticed that the non-striker in TTC actually gets out the way... Hope that can be brought over to DBC

That feature was actually part of the original game but was somehow patched out subsequently. Now the non-striker gets in the way nearly every other over and on occasions multiple times an over. Combined with the demon bowler-fielder, this has ensured you don't want to play in the "V" unless there's no fielder in the mid on/ mid off areas.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
That feature was actually part of the original game but was somehow patched out subsequently. Now the non-striker gets in the way nearly every other over and on occasions multiple times an over. Combined with the demon bowler-fielder, this has ensured you don't want to play in the "V" unless there's no fielder in the mid on/ mid off areas.
Actually had a run out today because of this..Played straight as there was long on but had hit straight to the non striker's pads and I did not expect that but started running, the bowler came and picked the ball and ran me out...

nigelmaz

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is there any news on when the Table Top Cricket game comes out on the PS4?

D

Deleted member 9102

I just bought this yesterday because of the half price sale. Honestly, I am not impressed with it so far, not a good first impression.

There is no tutorialisation to gradually build your grasp of the controls - you just have to read the commands and use trial & error. Also the first challenge in World Tour is T10 and I see others yet to be unlocked as T20 or full 50 over ODI... For a game styled in this casual arcadey mould, these seem pretty long and drawn out.

On top of that, there's no PC graphics settings at all (only resolution) and the game runs strangely, maxing out at 50-53fps when my PC should comfortably run the game at a smooth 60.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I just bought this yesterday because of the half price sale. Honestly, I am not impressed with it so far, not a good first impression.

There is no tutorialisation to gradually build your grasp of the controls - you just have to read the commands and use trial & error. Also the first challenge in World Tour is T10 and I see others yet to be unlocked as T20 or full 50 over ODI... For a game styled in this casual arcadey mould, these seem pretty long and drawn out.

On top of that, there's no PC graphics settings at all (only resolution) and the game runs strangely, maxing out at 50-53fps when my PC should comfortably run the game at a smooth 60.

i haven't played for a while but you're right - i could never see myself playing 20 or 50 over matches. it's a fun giggle for a quick hit, really.

such a shame they couldn't get it out the door before DBC - perhaps during the long hiatus over the DBC/AC13 shenanigans - it would have sold more and been better received.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Feels like it should be an iOS game... I've only played it for less than an hour, but it's fun for what it is. I think there's certainly a few things it does better than some of the AI stuff in DBC. Especially the non-striker stuff as mentioned above.

nigelmaz

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is this game getting either a physical or download release for ps4? Seem to recall it was supposed to be released around the time of the ashes.

Users who are viewing this thread