India's tour of Australia - January 2016

PokerAce

Banned
Faulker now ... see what Yorkers can do at the end overs. Thx to whoever in the management who didn't ban Bumrah from bowling Yorkers like he did with the rest of the bowlers.

PokerAce

Banned
Brilliant debut, and the guy can hit them too ... he also seems to have bulked up a lot since the last IPL.[DOUBLEPOST=1453532865][/DOUBLEPOST]Thats one way to kill the buzz after getting a hundred.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wow just when I have made the FC game with Bhuvi in the side !! I would have loved to put Rishi Dhawan in, can't be helped now I suppose.
You can still have a recreation though. :p

At the stage of 120 odd for 4, we'd really given too many. Though we know till our top order is playing good we can achieve this but after our 3rd wicket can't win it at all. Bumrah really impressed with the way he was bowling as compared to our other fast bowlers, he picked wickets of Smith and Faulkner at the perfect time and had saved 40-50 runs though. Yadav Out! No! No! No Yadav anymore, he conceded 80+ of his 8 which is really unbearable at this level for more than one occasions.

Looking forward to Rohit 0, Dhawan 2, Kohli 1 so that we can lose this game quite easily and award Australia a whitewash!

PokerAce

Banned
The thing is that we are so starved of bowlers one good performance has us chuffed, and suddenly I can't not think of Bumrah has the solution to our bowling issues. I think Bhuvi doesn't belong at the Int;l stage anymore. Umesh Yadav bowls one brilliant spell (final test vs SA), and then is back to bowling rubbish very quickly, for too long. I think he too needs some serious work. I like Rishi Dhawan, and while he was expensive today, but he has been in the 5 rpo region in the previous two games, and thats very acceptable. I felt he was unlucky today, he wasn't bowling bad ball. Edges went for 4s and Wade played scoop shots etc, to hit him for boundaries. At int'l level one can have such days, the improtant thing was that he still bowled to his field, and the batsmen had to invent shots, like hoiking over midwicket a ball that was well outside off stump. Its better than Umesh, who bowls on both sides, and with the off side field will slide one on the leg which is an easy boundary. Ishant has looked okay but after 7 years of Int'l cricket, okay is just not good enough. Ishant has rarely if ever crossed into the good territory for performance. His range varies from Okay to poor or apalling, which is not good enough.

Some would say even Aus bowlers have gone for runs. Well first of all this is probably Australia's 4th string bowling line up, and even they have been better than India's 1st choice line up. Have given away fewer runs in every single game. I am not sure any Intl side should compare its frontline attack to the 4th choice attack of any other side, and try to find some consolation in the stats. Secondly when was the last time seamers did well. Remember the last ODI vs SA where 438 runs where given away. Whenever India have done well, its mostly been down to spinners. So what use are these seamers.

If we take Umesh, Bhuvi and Ishant out, who else are there. Bumrah okay he is looking good. Sran, sure he obviously needs more chances. Rishi Dhawan, I am not sure he is a frontline bowler. He can do a job as the 4th bowler, and keep things tight, but I am not sure he is a frontline bowler though. Varun Aaron, okay he has pace, but he like Umesh can be a liability with regard to control, and he really does bowl both sides a lot. There is Shami, who I think has suddenly risen in value by virtue of not playing here. However okay he is an option. Who else? Thats all I can think of. There is Irfan who has shown some resugence in domestic cricket, but thats about it.

I really think we start playing these alternatives, and for now close the chapter on Ishant, Bhuvi and Umesh. Umesh needs work, but Ishant has not delivered for far too long and Bhuvi is just not Int'l level material any longer.

Bumrah, Sran, Shami, Rishi Dhawan and Irfan (if he really has shown real improvement), and Varun, these are the bowlers to use in the rotational cycle from now on. India play 18 tests starting June, and most of them (barring perhaps a tour to WI), are in India. Its the perfect time to start putting these youngster into the side, where they are not going to bear a lot of the workload, cos spinners will do most of the bowling. Bumrah should be in there ASAP.

PokerAce

Banned
What is Dhoni doing? He really likes taking it to the last ball doesn't he? Just start hitting out now. If he does take it to the end, then the RRR would be high. Dhoni can get most RRRs, but if he gets out, then no one else can do it. Thats the danger. If he leaves it late, then he must finish it. If not, it would be too much for anyone else to do.

grkrama

National Board President
Not rotate strike and build pressure?

yup :D and hopefully finish chase! He always needs those 15-20 balls

What is Dhoni doing? He really likes taking it to the last ball doesn't he? Just start hitting out now
I believe he has no faith in the low order to finish hence why i guess he is absorbing the balls!

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I believe he has no faith in the low order to finish

This is where I think his fault lies. He still needs to back the lower middle order and give them more chances. One or two failures and he just gets so defensive. Yuvraj did not become a champ finisher overnight - Ganguly backed him a fair bit before he flourished. Dhoni needs to show more faith despite the failures.[DOUBLEPOST=1453545911][/DOUBLEPOST]MSD is really off color form wise. A full toss on the pads and he can only hit it to short fine leg for a dot/single. He would have hammered that to the boundary with his eyes closed and one hand tied behind his back on any other day

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I think we left it for too late. Again.

Need a 12-15 run over right NOW to really have a chance. You can see Pandey getting flustered now

Again on the pads, again MSD misses :(

PokerAce

Banned
This is where I feel Indian batsmen have been lacking with the end over innovation. Any other side would have been reverse sweeping and scooping and what not. Ind batsmen don't have those shots.

It cost them those extra runs in the first two overs, and seems to be consting them the game right now.

Ind batsmen still look to just hammer it out of the park with traditional shots. That game has changed.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
This is where I feel Indian batsmen have been lacking with the end over innovation. Any other side would have been reverse sweeping and scooping and what not. Ind batsmen don't have those shots.

Good point

Although in this situation, Pandey is playing brilliantly. Getting 2's again and again. The other end is just so tied up and blocked that it is having no effect on the overall equation

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
13run over. Need two more of these

Users who are viewing this thread