Micromax Asia Cup Twenty20 - Bangladesh 2016

Who are You supporting to win Asia Cup 2016?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
MS Dhoni happy India did not trip up in Asia Cup final | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Dhoni says if Shami is fit, he will replace Nehra in the XI. That'll be very tough on Nehra. And Shami came back, got injured and then again went out. How can we put all our faith in him? I would say stick with Nehra and Bumrah as our main weapons, and have Bhuvaneshwar as backup. When we are doing very well, why the need for Shami? And anyway on Indian wickets, we will be needing more spin than pace for sure.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Dhoni says if Shami is fit, he will replace Nehra in the XI. That'll be very tough on Nehra

He said, he "might" replace Nehra. And it will be very difficult to replace Nehra because he has performed so well in the Asia Cup.

Dhoni's words:
"I think it's very difficult to replace [Jasprit] Bumrah. He has the strength of bowling yorkers at will, and with the new ball also he has contributed. Nehra has also contributed. Few games ups and downs happen in T20. Hardik Pandya, he's a fast-bowling allrounder. If Jadeja or him can bat No. 8 and they can give me three or four overs, then it looks like a better balanced side.

"For Shami to replace [someone], it would be Ashish. Ashish is the only slot, but to replace Ashish would be very tough. The reason being he has done very well for us, he has moved the ball around. But Shami will have to prove his fitness in the warm-up games. If he does, he will stay ahead with the team."

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Even though Shami is our best bowler, I hope he doesn't play WC. He hasn't played any cricket since an year and to directly come and play in WC would be very risky. We can't afford to loose even a single game as each game is important. Also, I don't think he will come back in place of Nehra or Bumrah. They have been doing a really great job. After WC, Shami should join us as I am guessing WC would be the end for Nehra.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I agree with the point on Mohd Shami here. It will upset the balance of the team and won't make sense to have him directly play in the XI without any match practice. Let India continue with Nehra who has done exceedingly well since his return to top-flight cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread