ICC World T20 India 2016 - March/April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Thank you for that gift, Bangladesh! That's all I can say.

Irrespective of the Pak vs Aus match result, India v Aus becomes a virtual Quarterfinal. If Aus beats Pakistan, it makes it a "beat India and you are through" situation. If Aus lose to Pak, then three teams will be in fray and NRR will come to play.

I haven't seen Dhoni that happy ever. Even after that 2011 WC win, he wasn't this happy. That shows how much pressure he was under. Pandya you beauty.

NO!!! He bowled horribly. If only Rahim or Mahmudullah had sensibly sneaked in a single after those two glorious shots from Rahim, Bangladesh could have won this (or atleast taken it into the Super Over)

cerande

Club Captain
Total Brainfade. That has just saved our asses, and I have a feeling India will defeat Australia too now. A long way to go for supposed tournament favorites though.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
All that hard work to get into the winning position and they throw it away. That win really would have thrown a spanner in the fight for 2nd.

swaq

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Scotland
What a throw from Bangladesh. Three bad balls in a row, they should've taken a single.

Dumb moves!

grkrama

National Board President
rahim's shot i could understand, sometimes slower short balls, cramp you and make you play a pull , but mahamadullah's to a full toss was jsut brainfart

Anyway crucial win there for us, plenty to improve an tweak with the team, hope we get our act together and quick

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is the result when you are too cocky to finish with a six. Stupid shots on three horrible balls!!
But I feel that once again it was few small yet effective decisions by Dhoni specially to bowl 19th over from Bumrah which turned into a victory for India.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wow! Just Amazing. It always feels good when you don't lose hope and the team gives you a win in the end.

I agree Bangladesh gave it away but those last overs from Bumrah and Nehra specially Bumrah were absolutely brilliant. Those yorkers were right on the money, Thank You Malinga.
The Best match of this WC till now.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
A loss would have thrown us out. India's NRR was the weakest and there is no way we could have pushed above both Pakistan and Australia. Somehow luck got on our side. But we need victories like this to propel our campaign. We had two bad games in the 2011 WC, one that defeat to SA and the other the tie against England. But we held our nerves and got forward.

I am not a believer in this "we don't deserve the trophy, blah blah blah" theory. The team that wins it, deserves it. In a format where one over or even a few balls can change the whole story of the game, from where the heck do people talk about "deserving and not deserving"? Absolute rubbish. If India go on to make the final and win it, they would've deserved the trophy. Today Bangladesh handed it to us but we took it to that position where they had that brain freeze.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ashwin's words are always very interesting to read

We've never really got together and worried so much. I don;t have anything left. I'm drained after today's game. I'll just crash now. He had put down a catch, he was 2 overs for 22, he was down, but Bumrah came back for us. I probably gave him a cheeky idea to try a mankad in the end. We might have taken flak, but why not. We have not probably batted well. Today, we are not real contenders for the tournament, but if it improves we will be. I felt when Tamim's sweep in the air I thought we were in control, but when he put it down, later on I put one down. I had so much of emotions going through. But for the team to go all the way is what's important"

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
Mark my words "I'm 90% certain that either Bangladesh or Afganistan will be in the next T20I World Cup Final " these countries are showing tremendous skill. They don't have all the big names, but they play an excellent game of cricket. Their growth these last couple of years has been amazing.
Indian win by 1 run :eek: a real nail biter for Indian supporters.

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
India won due to their previous experience they did so back in 2007. Pandya bowled a bouncer in the last ball so did Joginder when they won previously in a nail biter in 2007

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I just finished watching the highlights.
The first thing that came to my mind after it finished was "MS Dhoni is a genius". I'd dare to say he's the greatest LO captain of all time, possibly better than Ponting.

bigred

Club Captain
I just finished watching the highlights.
The first thing that came to my mind after it finished was "MS Dhoni is a genius". I'd dare to say he's the greatest LO captain of all time, possibly better than Ponting.

Ponting? What?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ponting? What?
Yeah, thinking a bit more about it probably Clive Lloyd and maybe Waugh Sr. were better captains than Ponting, but I think Dhoni's the best. Martin Crowe was a great captain as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread