Sri Lanka tour of England - 2016

bigred

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
That was never obviously going to happen, but it would have been a good idea[DOUBLEPOST=1464517622][/DOUBLEPOST]

Again this would be such a deep batting line up #10 with a Test 169[DOUBLEPOST=1464517682][/DOUBLEPOST]The extra batsman is one from Hildreth/Borthwick/Ballance/Buttler for me. It depends on how Buttler goes for Lancs now he is back from the IPL

All depends on whether the selectors are prepared to pick somebody outside the 30 man performance squad. Bell, Ballance and Roy are the only realistic replacements in that squad. Don't think they'll want to go back to Bell in a summer against average oppo. Ballance is in dreadful form and Roy hasn't done enough in FC cricket to suggest he's a test player, but I reckon he could be an option in a year or two.

So options outside the squad are Borthwick, Hildreth, Malan, Buttler and Westley.

Westley will probably miss out as he plays Div 2 cricket, but he's in tremendous form. Malan is in good form and had a brilliant winter for the lions. I'd love to see him get a chance. Although Hildreth is backing up his 2015 season, he's the wrong side of 30, so if you're going to pick him, you could argue that you might as well go back to Bell. Buttler hasn't played any FC cricket for a while so I wouldn't even be thinking about him. Bairstow is keeping well also. I'd personally go for Borthwick, who is batting well and also picked up a 5fer yesterday. We clearly haven't got a proper spinner around at the moment, so having two good batsmen who bowl spin might be the right way to go.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Good to see Woakes with a wicket. He bowled so well yesterday and deserved at least one after the Bairstow shocker.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What. A. Match.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nailbiter! Plunkett, how you do this! What a batting depth the British have!

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Great game of cricket. Buttler's innings is becoming more common, must be gutting for him that when another batsman comes in, he gets shunted down the order. Woakes was good too. Probably needs to learn a bit more about hitting boundaries at the end, but he'll get that with experience. He was brilliant at finding the gaps and running hard.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Nailbiter! It was a superb game of cricket. It was a tie but England just took it away from Sri Lanka. I think that one extra run given by the fielders in the second last ball was key for England.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Great game of cricket. Buttler's innings is becoming more common, must be gutting for him that when another batsman comes in, he gets shunted down the order. Woakes was good too. Probably needs to learn a bit more about hitting boundaries at the end, but he'll get that with experience. He was brilliant at finding the gaps and running hard.

Think Buttler came in so low because of how early we lost the wickets and hes said before that he doesn't like coming in to bat in the power play.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Think Buttler came in so low because of how early we lost the wickets and hes said before that he doesn't like coming in to bat in the power play.
I can understand that if we're going well and you want someone to take a risk to keep the rate up in the Powerplay, because Buttler likes to start slowly. I just think in games like the last one, we were in trouble and needed someone just to steady the ship. Something that he's naturally quite good at.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I can understand that if we're going well and you want someone to take a risk to keep the rate up in the Powerplay, because Buttler likes to start slowly. I just think in games like the last one, we were in trouble and needed someone just to steady the ship. Something that he's naturally quite good at.

From what I remember of what he said in an interview I seem to remember him mentioning that his dislike of entering in the power play was because it actually prevented him a bit from taking that slow start due to the amount of fielders in the circle preventing him tapping the quick singles and being forced to go over the top.

bigred

Club Captain
From what I remember of what he said in an interview I seem to remember him mentioning that his dislike of entering in the power play was because it actually prevented him a bit from taking that slow start due to the amount of fielders in the circle preventing him tapping the quick singles and being forced to go over the top.

Contradicted himself though a bit as he's said recently that he's desperate to get up the order.

I'd go
1. Roy
2. Hales
3. Root
4. Bairstow
5. Buttler
6. Morgan

Buttler and Morgan are our best finishers. JB is the second best batsman so should be at 4.

Users who are viewing this thread