Posting in Different Language

S

Satan666

Hey guys first of all good job to the admins/mods/staff members for managing these boards.

Is it possible to get some clarity with forum rules,

"All posts must be made in English.....'' Rule 1

'All other policies are applicable to Signatures and Avatars...'' Rule 9

In the past I received a warning for signature in a different language, worth 2 points. Over the last couple days I have made two reports, one being a post in a different language, and the other being a signature of different language. There was some questions from another member on a thread relating to same. No action has been taken. If required I can message these two cases to a moderator, dont want to identify in the public domain.

I am not questioning the staff member's decision but if a little posting in different language is allowed I would like to be afforded the opportunity to have my old sig also:

Quod me nutrit, me destruit” meaning what nourishes me also destroys me.

Thanks in advance for any assistance rendered, not sure if I should've posted this in the Contact a Mod forum but I know that forum deals specifically with account details.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What kind of action are you expecting from the Staff?
If I'm not wrong, as you mentioned - they might have been warned with 2-5 points which is just a warning and is not visible to other members of the forums.

Are you expecting them to be banned and then you can say that they (Staff) are really acting to the posts which are reported?

Members will be banned automatically if their warning points exceed to something around 10-15 points.

S

Satan666

What kind of action are you expecting from the Staff?
If I'm not wrong, as you mentioned - they might have been warned with 2-5 points which is just a warning and is not visible to other members of the forums.

Are you expecting them to be banned and then you can say that they (Staff) are really acting to the posts which are reported?

Members will be banned automatically if their warning points exceed to something around 10-15 points.

The guy with the sig in different language still rolls with it. The post reported is still on the boards.

No I dont want anyone to get banned.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was busy over the weekend and missed that report; I've dealt with the first one. In terms of non-English signatures... I'll get back to you. I'm pretty sure that the same rule applies, but I just want to check with the other staff people first.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I am not questioning the staff member's decision but if a little posting in different language is allowed I would like to be afforded the opportunity to have my old sig also:
I wouldn't have a problem with something that is a notable quote in another language and is very easily translatable (or with the translation provided in line with it).

Users who are viewing this thread