India's tour of West Indies - July/August 2016

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Dhoni, Brathwaite differ on playing conditions - Deccan Herald

You can't risk someone's life just to win a match.

Did you just not read the article that you have posted? Dhoni said he has played in worse conditions and on worse outfields and I do agree with him. Especially the example he provided of series vs England in 2011 where we literally played the whole series under these conditions.

I also agree with people who have said about the technical difficulty delaying the match. If the viewers at home get a late broadcast, it is fine but if the people who have spent 200 bucks on tickets, shouldn't have to wait for broadcasting difficulties. Of course it would affect the revenue since broadcasting started late but their main priority should have been the spectators in the ground and not the television viewers. Had we started on time, they would have got in enough overs to even declare a result.

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Did you just not read the article that you have posted? Dhoni said he has played in worse conditions and on worse outfields and I do agree with him. Especially the example he provided of series vs England in 2011 where we literally played the whole series under these conditions.

I also agree with people who have said about the technical difficulty delaying the match. If the viewers at home get a late broadcast, it is fine but if the people who have spent 200 bucks on tickets, shouldn't have to wait for broadcasting difficulties. Of course it would affect the revenue since broadcasting started late but their main priority should have been the spectators in the ground and not the television viewers. Had we started on time, they would have got in enough overs to even declare a result.

Nothing happened yesterday doesn't mean that you can say nothing gonna happen today or tomorrow. And the stadium management neither have proper equipment nor have time to work on the field. If anyone got injured then who will be responsible for it.?

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Nothing happened yesterday doesn't mean that you can say nothing gonna happen today or tomorrow. And the stadium management neither have proper equipment nor have time to work on the field. If anyone got injured then who will be responsible for it.?

Again, I think someone like Dhoni would know better than both of us since he has played so much but there is no point in arguing about it because as I said in my previous post, if the officials had a little more sense and started on time, we could have had enough overs for a result even with the rain.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hopefully, there will be more games in US AND Canada. I would surely go to see a match if that happend in Canada. West Indies are just a very lucky team at the moment.

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
They are not lucky. They are hard workers. You can't just touch the ball with the bat and ask your luck to send it to the crowd again and again.
I would say they are so unlucky to not having their cricket board on their side. But still their hard works give them success.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England

I don't recall any of the games in 2011 being played whilst there was physical puddles on the outfield or on grounds that had the quality of drainage you'd expect to find on a local club ground instead.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I don't recall any of the games in 2011 being played whilst there was physical puddles on the outfield or on grounds that had the quality of drainage you'd expect to find on a local club ground instead.

Nobody is saying that there were physical puddles. This is what Dhoni said "If I remember in 2011, the whole ODI series that we played in England, it was literally playing under the rain." He basically said that 2011 ODI series was played in worse conditions than what he saw yesterday. As I said in my last post, I don't think we can argue on this since we were watching on TV, maybe you were at the ground for one of the games and the guy was out there playing the whole series.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I really don't know what the need is to blame Dhoni. He was the one along with KL Rahul brought India past 200. They would've still lost the match without both. I hope Dhoni retires after the 2017 Chapion trophy. This will really give the next captain to groom his team and build for the 2019 world cup.

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia

Users who are viewing this thread