Best Solution to fix frame rate issue with crowd on

v.christu

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi...

the main reason for low frame rate is not the crowd animation.. because of crowd sound....

manually change the values in MyDocuments/MyGames/Codemasters/AshesCricket2009/display.opt to the following values...

crowdenable = 1
GraphicDetailLevel = 2

Now u can hear crowd sound without crowd animation... still the game suffers from poor frame rate... so probably the problem might be with the sound not the animation....

i too had the same issue with my onboard sound card... but now i bought a new c-media sound card and uninstalled my onboard sound driver and installed the new one...

now the game runs absolutely fine with max setting with crowd on.... All u need might be a good sound card....

Bravo

Club Captain
hi...

the main reason for low frame rate is not the crowd animation.. because of crowd sound....

manually change the values in MyDocuments/MyGames/Codemasters/AshesCricket2009/display.opt to the following values...

crowdenable = 1
GraphicDetailLevel = 2

Now u can hear crowd sound without crowd animation... still the game suffers from poor frame rate... so probably the problem might be with the sound not the animation....

i too had the same issue with my onboard sound card... but now i bought a new c-media sound card and uninstalled my onboard sound driver and installed the new one...

now the game runs absolutely fine with max setting with crowd on.... All u need might be a good sound card....

any improvement in crowd sound with new sound card???

v.christu

School Cricketer
my new sound card supports 7.1 surround sound... so obviously sounds are brilliant...

the main thing was it solves the poor frame rate problem with crowd on.... if u have a good processor and still having this issue, change your sound card.... it really solves the problem....

omkarjere

International Cricketer
I had a similar issue with Oblivion when I used to ride horse it lagged a lot then I got a mod called whispered feet. What that did was it down sampled the sound files(something like that but not sure) If someone does this for Ashes 2009 then It could solve the crowd issue

arundracula

Club Cricketer
A simple way to fix this.
My friend said this trick is working for him.

And here is the trick:

Open up Windows Media Player, loop play a song, and lower the volume.
Minimize and play Ashes.
:)

abuzar

School Cricketer
hi\
plz tell me how i display crowd on ashes o9 on my pc my game is working well but crowd is not display\

Beefyboth

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
This issue annoyed me for ages and ages on my PC.

Tried the media player idea,but to no avail?

Must have Installed and uninstalled the game countless times and tried countless solutions, but no joy.

My PC is from 2012/13 with a decent set up, Windows 8.1 and an AMD(Rad eon) graphics card.I could run games such as Fifa 14,Motogp 13 and so on,with no problems?

So I couldn't understand or work out the problem with Ashes 09?

Then one day it worked.I am still unsure why but here's what I did,so it may help others in the future?Note,some of the methods were from another source, so I don't take full glee for a possible fix!

Okay first(from a clean Install) Instead of running the Auto exe for Install,I put the Install exe in compatibility(trouble shoot option) before installing.
I then put the game EXE on the desktop and run troubleshoot compatibility setting it at what was advised.
Then most important right click on the EXE/properties and advanced and set the EXE to run as Administrator !
I also put my EXE in a fraps game booster called Razor Cortex and also ran a programme called Process lasso(Both free versions)-Note install and run those programmes at your own risk, as I don't take any responsibility for PC errors.

But whey hey and hey presto! The game runs like a dream.Super graphics,pumped up and no lag or fps drop in any part of the game.

Really enjoying this game now.Just love the fielding catching with the ring method and waiting for it to go green before hitting the action catch button for a successful catch!

Anyway try this method.It could help you.As I said I went for ages and ages pulling my hair out trying to solve this issue. Now it's buzzing and I am in Cricket gaming heaven !

Users who are viewing this thread