Ireland's tour of Afghanistan - Mar '17

Andrew17

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yes but they need to start playing more multiday games

Ireland win 4 out of 4 intercontinental matches (4 day game) with 19 points more than Afghanistan',test cricket is different ball game than ODI.Indias Zaheer khan believes no way, you can selects test team with the performance of your
ODI // T20i team.

Ends of march month** 4 day match will be play between Afghanistan vs Ireland at greater NOIDA,winner will play vs Last team of test ranking (ICC) 2018 so I assume probably

Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe or
Ireland vs. Zimbabwe

(too early to say but that is how they will birth in test )
Looser team of March ** 4 day game also might qualify for test matches
Ireland vs England in June 2018 not even rules out.
If the intercontinental cup match fails they still have a guaranteed test spot if the ICC pass the 9-3 test format which starts in 2019. It will be great if one of either Ireland or Afghanistan win the group play then beat Zimbabwe (the lowest ranking test side at the moment) before the CWC in 2019 aswell for that coveted test spot.

Sunderpune

School Cricketer
If the intercontinental cup match fails they still have a guaranteed test spot if the ICC pass the 9-3 test format which starts in 2019. It will be great if one of either Ireland or Afghanistan win the group play then beat Zimbabwe (the lowest ranking test side at the moment) before the CWC in 2019 aswell for that coveted test spot.

Probably possible, because Zimbabwe can beaten against any team in the world now, most people do no know Zimbabwe beat Pakistan in Pakistan 1/0 in test but Zimbabwe NOW nobody.

Last edited:

Sunderpune

School Cricketer
I would like to see test series between India vs Afghanistan Or Afghanistan vs Bangladesh
Zimbabwe not tours to other playing test nation except Pakistan so I think ICC should either give them some warning or in worst case senerio should removes them from TEST STATUS

Andrew17

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I would like to see test series between India vs Afghanistan Or Afghanistan vs Bangladesh
Zimbabwe not tours to other playing test nation except Pakistan so I think ICC should either give them some warning or in worst case senerio should removes them from TEST STATUS
Another cool idea is that the 3 bottom teams in the test championship could play a tri-series or the top two teams out of the three play a match and take the place of the bottom team in the first division.

Sunderpune

School Cricketer
I think test championship not a good idea because over all, results not with- in 2 mos.but 3 years later.
Your idea is good with tri nation championship.( 8 or 9 test playing nation, championship really longer process just like ICC's intercontinental cup from 2015 to 2017 .

Andrew17

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I think test championship not a good idea because over all, results not with- in 2 mos.but 3 years later.
Your idea is good with tri nation championship.( 8 or 9 test playing nation, championship really longer process just like ICC's intercontinental cup from 2015 to 2017 .
The whole thing is quite complicated, it would be best to watch Dave Richardson explain it but since Zimbabwe are not good anymore, they will benefit from playing with teams with the same skill level and they will get more game time and experience aswell as Ireland and Afghanistan, and I think they play across the divisions potentially to also settle in. All round I think it's an effective way to have better organisation of the game and expand it's reach globally. It's about time the ICC came around to having proper test systems so higher-ranked teams don't ignore lower-ranked teams like Australia who haven't been to Bangladesh in more than a decade.

Last edited:

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hopefully Afghanistan can wrap up the series here. They have played extremely well in the T20's and now the Odi's and they seem to be on the road to success. What I like about Afghanistan is that they are a fighting team. They are a team that rose from a country that is devastated from war and they should be proud of what they've achieved, and I hope that they will do wonderfully and get test status. Rashid Khan is a real talent at just 18 years old and achieved more than what anyone could at 18 yrs in the cricketing world. Mohammad Nabi and Rashid Khan are peaking at the right time here for Afghanistan, for their team and their IPL franchise, Sunrisers Hyderabad.

I think they should play teams that are not doing very well currently or low ranked teams such as Sri Lanka, West Indies and Bangladesh, as this will give the young players experience and exposure of playing big teams and this will help them in the future.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
They are only using one Pacer.
What happened to Ireland? Once a mighty associate.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
They are still as mighty as once they were. Just some bad luck with injuries. Also they came in the way of an extremely in form team.

C Boomer

Club Captain
They are only using one Pacer.
What happened to Ireland? Once a mighty associate.

Think we need a complete overhaul starting with a new coach, combined with a clear out of the board of directors and their vast amount of backroom staff?

Ireland seemed to lack passion & appetite which is so unlike them, would be great to have Phil Simmons back long side the mighty Trent Johnston! :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread