County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just to clarify, what do you mean by this...

For example in my Test at the moment if I make a bowling change, it will come up with their stats at the beginning of the over.

I mean batsman/bowler stats like overall batting average, bowling economy rate, no. of wickets etc. for the player; I don't mean the player stats for that particular match. Hope this clarifies! :)

psychoherent

Club Cricketer
In career, at the moment, I found that despite selecting to bat on top order, my batting all-rounder is being selected for the number 3 slot everywhere. I want to bat at 4, May be 5 in t20s. If the fix is too difficult, at least can we be able to select specific batting order number at the beginning like dbc 14?

My other concern is, in career; I have next scheduled match, and if I proceed, I can play. Now, if I choose to proceed later and quit the Game, upon relaunching, it says I'm not in the squad and hence, I have to simulate.

Dear BA, I consider this to be general feedback rather than bug so didn't post on bug thread. Please look into this! :)
I've found when you choose top order it defaults you at 3 and then pushes you down to 4 if you dont perform over a period of time. Pretty realistic, imo.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thanks for the prompt reply, @WealeyH! I have been playing an ODI tournament for some days now; have played 10 matches in the tournament thus far and stats have never appeared for me. Any suggestions perhaps?

Could be wrong but I am not sure the game is tracking stats based on play in terms of the player display stats (As opposed to the competition stats screen stats).

Therefore, if no stats show when players come on to bowl or in to bat that's generally because they don't have the stats for that format.

Rising Flock

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Could be wrong but I am not sure the game is tracking stats based on play in terms of the player display stats (As opposed to the competition stats screen stats).

Therefore, if no stats show when players come on to bowl or in to bat that's generally because they don't have the stats for that format.

Well, this isn't just w.r.t. my custom team but also, when the opposition is batting/bowling, stats don't turn up for them as well and these are teams downloaded from the community. So, even if the game isn't tracking, it must display default stats, right?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think the fact this topic is > 145 pages suggests it was contributed to by more than just 3 or 4 people. I think you are getting confused with 3 or 4 admin trying to keep the discussion on topic rather than every second post being about dynamic lineups, sunglasses, or correct batting averages. These few things have been discussed ad infinium and hence the discussion was shut down by moderators. Not because 3 or 4 people didn't want these things in the game.

The harsh reality is more likely that what is not in the console version after this patch, will never make it in. The PC version may get a few unofficial mods to help it on it's way, but I guess the devs will have to draw a line in the sand at some point and begin work on DBC 19 or whatever happens to come along next. It's my understanding that the next iteration should be less of a ground up project, and more of a build on what we have project hopefully...

Yep. It's why console gamers are better served by a slightly longer delay now to get the absolute bang on best patch they can.

Although I am able to play on PC and have been lucky enough to be involved in the beta, long term I'll be playing on ps4 cuz my PC ain't great and the ps4 set up is more comfortable for me.

It's far from just the beta group having their ideas listened to. Our biggest privilege really is sometimes we get slightly clearer explanations of why some things might not be possible, but even then BA have said a few times they don't want to reveal too much behind the curtain.

I think the beta has certainly helped take the game forward but it's certainly not only our suggestions[DOUBLEPOST=1494920092][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, this isn't just w.r.t. my custom team but also, when the opposition is batting/bowling, stats don't turn up for them as well and these are teams downloaded from the community. So, even if the game isn't tracking, it must display default stats, right?

I wouldn't assume just because they're downloaded that the players all have stats for the format.

Rising Flock

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Yep. It's why console gamers are better served by a slightly longer delay now to get the absolute bang on best patch they can.

Although I am able to play on PC and have been lucky enough to be involved in the beta, long term I'll be playing on ps4 cuz my PC ain't great and the ps4 set up is more comfortable for me.

It's far from just the beta group having their ideas listened to. Our biggest privilege really is sometimes we get slightly clearer explanations of why some things might not be possible, but even then BA have said a few times they don't want to reveal too much behind the curtain.

I think the beta has certainly helped take the game forward but it's certainly not only our suggestions[DOUBLEPOST=1494920092][/DOUBLEPOST]

I wouldn't assume just because they're downloaded that the players all have stats for the format.

Well, in this case, I would have an exhibition match with a team that has default stats for that format and verify this. But does this theory imply that you can never have stats displayed in a match for a custom team?

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Okay! Let me break it down, opener (1,2), top order (3,4), middle order (5,6,7), lower order (8,9), tail ender (10,11).

Yes! No 5 as top order is a mistake. I admittedly taking it back! :)
4 is middle order the top order is 1-3

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
It looks like the entire gameplay is being redesigned according to the wishlist of 3-4 individuals. I noticed many people including myself have provided some good constructive feedback but they never made it to the any interim releases. For instance, excessive overthrows, bye 4s, one handed catches by fielder, batsman hits the wicket but nothing happens, full sleeve shirts, too many wide and no balls, circle fielders are not quick enough to run out batsman, overcast conditions, dynamic lineup etc.

Even if you try to stress on something you really want to see in the game, the same individuals immediately interfere as if they are only ones who are entitled to request for changes.

That is a fair comment, but what do you think is more important in a cricket game, getting bowled, or full sleeve shirts?

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
New update is now available:

Fix for crash that could occur playing unorthodox shots
Further AI batting tuning
Tuned starting confidence values
Tuned difficulty of catching
General stability fixes

Enjoy!

Thanks for the new update. Still unable to resume saved online games because the opponent is not getting an invite when pressed Y.

Edit: Tested the game after the downloading this update.

Users who are viewing this thread