Will/Should there be a Patch 5?

gunit123

County Cricketer
I have to say that if there is no patch upcoming that overall this game would be behind it's previous iteration (i.e. DBC 14). That felt a much more complete experience.

Have to disagree with you here - I definitely feel DBC17 is an upgrade in terms of overall experience over its predecessor. Whilst I hope there is another patch to iron out some key issues (e.g. field placements not sticking), I believe we have surpassed the previous game with this latest patch.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Have to disagree with you here - I definitely feel DBC17 is an upgrade in terms of overall experience over its predecessor. Whilst I hope there is another patch to iron out some key issues (e.g. field placements not sticking), I believe we have surpassed the previous game with this latest patch.
To each their own I suppose. But I definitely see where there have been major improvements. Moving forward though BA probably would be best served to borrow from both titles.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
I wouldn't mind having a records tile in career mode (similar to cricket captain) where it has the records/record partnerships for the team you are playing for. Would add to the realism a bit and would be cool to see your player progress up the all time runs/wickets for your respective side.

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There should be, there won't be. The only thing 17 has over 14 is the stadium creator everything else is inferior

eaglesrjh

School Cricketer
With regards to commentary, even if no more can be recorded and entered into the game then I'd at least have liked that it was only rought up in the correct situations. But as said before I can't se it happening.

Jamie yankee

School Cricketer
8 run shot is still there
AI does not change the field even if you hit same shot to the same part of the field
Wides are not fixed for quick online game
These were the only things i cared about
All three break the heart of the game
Still is a marvellous game though

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Partnership graph is not in anyone's mind I suppose! :rolleyes
Atleast give us chance to create Harbhajan Singh, Ashok dinda or Sidharth kaul!! No turban, no headband, while bowling! And if possible, get rid of bat pad massacre pleeeasee! :wave
Preface: The game is good. But, I think it's pretty clear that appearance has taken a back seat, if not been kicked off the car altogether, with 17. It's a shame really. Feels a little strange playing as old school Wasim Akram and Imran Khan without a vest.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
ADDITION: If there is a patch 5, or maybe for the next title, the dynamic lineups should be applied to all tournaments, not just international sides. That would be nice. To have auctions so you have different IPL or PSL teams each season with a few players who are consistently on the side. Different sides all around with changing player attributes.

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I came to know that all post are being read by BA, hence not tagging anyone. I am putting few things to be seen in next patch from my end, may be too much but worth.

1. In career mode by default consider the lineup assigned to the teams for the formats in under academy my team section like DBC 14 for the first time...after that as on the matches gets progress you decide dynamically lineups based on form , injury etc factor .

But first time when career start take the lineups assigned under academy ---my teams. If nothing or null assigned then you derive your logic to select playing xi. Thanks !

2. Please show innings as well when batsman comes out to bat...Economy rate for bowlers.

3. In the bilateral series under career mode, after series wins the teams are not displayed with cup presentations..... DBC 14 used to show the cups with winning team in bilateral series as well...this is a nice feature to add.

4. Please add warm up games under career mode in a bilateral series specially while touring Australia, India , England, South Africa, New Zealand ,West indies with their top First class or One day team like Yorkshre / Cricket Australia XI / Karnataka etc.
These Matches Batting & Bowling Stats can be categorized into Others section instead of First Class / List A / Twenty 20.

5. Important Keep an indicator / checkbox for each player like format / Value Ex: Test / True ,ODI / False ,T20 / False

if you make the Test true for Vanzyl and false for ODI and T20, then he should be only selected to play those formats likewise for MS DHONI he got retired from Test and only plays ODI and T20s now.

6. Most Important for AI batting in 3 overs or last over of T20 and ODI formats in all levels (Club, Domestic,INTL) enable a trigger which indicated them to loft every ball or 90 % of the balls. Taking singles even in last overs doesn't seems to be realistic

7. Most Important Keeper should have limit to dive and catch the balls on his either sides , his reflexes cannot be a super human where edges for pace bowlers not going for fours at 2nd,3rd,slips. Also keeper catching late cuts should be corrected.

Last edited:

Moosc

Club Captain
When you attempt to play a leg glance to a ball pitched out side the leg stump and get caught at 2nd or 3rd slip. Then there's a problem with the game.

When number 10 and 11 Batsmen continue to make centuries after the top order has failed and your team is 9 - 135. Then there's a problem with the game.

When you play a forward defensive shot to a ball pitched on leg stump and get caught at 3rd slip. Then there's a problem with the game.

When the score card only contains Catches. Then there's a problem with the game.

When the bat pad is deadly. Then there's a problem with the game.

When every time you play the cut shot or hook shot and it fly's through the air and not straight to ground as a well timed shot should. Then there's a problem with the game.

When there is not another patch and what we have is all that we will get. Then there's a problem with the Developers?

Last edited:

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
When you attempt to play a leg glance to a ball pitched out side the leg stump and get caught at 2nd or 3rd slip. Then there's a problem with the game.

When number 10 and 11 Batsmen continue to make centuries after the top order has failed and your team is 9 - 135. Then there's a problem with the game.

When you play a forward defensive shot and get caught at 3rd slip. Then there's a problem with the game.

When the score card only contains Catches. Then there's a problem with the game.

When the bat pad is deadly. Then there's a problem with the game.

When every time you play the cut shot or hook shot and it fly's through the air and not straight to ground as a well timed shot should. Then there's a problem with the game.

When there is not another patch and what we have is all that we will get. Then there's a problem with the Developers?

When the developers release a 4th patch that solved the majority of issues but people still complain. Then there's a problem with the community.

Moosc

Club Captain
See the edited post as that was what I meant to say. Obviously a catch to a forward defensive shot pitched on Off stump is obviously a legitimate out and I would not have any problem with that.

I am sorry that I have a opinion on the game and the Audacity to express same. Whilst some things were fixed, other things were not. Some of us contributors don't believe that the 4th patch was the panacea to many of the games ills that some believe it to be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread