HowZat Updates

lara85

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
help me to hit sixes

like some of you mentioned, I am having a hard time hitting sixes. It makes sense that lot of it has to do with level of the player. I have 3 players at level 4 and hitting sixes is nearly impossible. I seem to hit sixes at practice but come real game, i get dismissed by a catch or bowled. I get pissed when i see others who r at level 3 hit sixes. It is def my timing issue. Can anyone who has a good knowledge of this howzat game give me tips on how to tackle my six hitting problems.

saiyaman

Club Cricketer
like some of you mentioned, I am having a hard time hitting sixes. It makes sense that lot of it has to do with level of the player. I have 3 players at level 4 and hitting sixes is nearly impossible. I seem to hit sixes at practice but come real game, i get dismissed by a catch or bowled. I get pissed when i see others who r at level 3 hit sixes. It is def my timing issue. Can anyone who has a good knowledge of this howzat game give me tips on how to tackle my six hitting problems.

I have the same problem with the timing as well but I can offer a tip which might help. Wait until the bowler releases the ball. At that point, you will have a short span of time where you will be able to decide whether it's a slower ball or a faster one. This is where you need to concentrate the most. Given the right amount of attention to this little detail, you will be able to string your shots better.

kishores_bin

School Cricketer
I started lovin the game with this updates.. but that energy thing sucks.. Do I really need to wait one hour more to come and play again!!!!!!!!:noway

abdul170

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As always, we are committed to giving you the best cricket gaming experience possible, and we have made the following updates, combining both user feedback and our ideas to make the game better. Here's the list :)

1) Improvements in Shot Play

There were certain shots that were more advantageous to play than others because they had higher connection areas, and more power. The connection areas have been adjusted for a number of shots, and the shot power has been normalized. This means that some shots, in particular power shots, are now easier to play, and hit for sixes (For e.g. Pull, Lofted Cover Drive, and Hook). Others that always used to go for sixes/fours such as Upper Square Cut, Late cut have been readjusted and made harder.

The following shots had decreases in connection areas:

Late Cut
Upper Square Cut
Leg Flick
Hip Glance
Cover Drive
Square Cut
Mid-Wicket and Cover Punch
Pullwill howzat come again

We also adjusted the possible areas in which the shots could travel. Now the placement of the shots corresponds much more to the level of the batsman. A batsman of a higher level will have a greater chance of placing the ball in gaps.The timing of the shot also dictates the direction in which the ball will go. All the optimizations add up basically to the fact that shot selection is now as important as timing. You can't score a 70 with just 3 shots ;)

2) Improvement in LBW Calculations
- Self explanatory.

3) New Manage Team Section - This was modified to be more user friendly.

4) Detailed Practice Mode - For you to pit it out against the CPU and fine tune your shots.

5) Performance Improvements to smoothen Gameplay

6) Higher Magnitude of Spin for Spin Bowlers - To trick your batsmen out!

7) Pavilion Optimizations - The user levels are now shown in the lobby.

We are also in the process of adding in-game elements that will allow you to earn points much quicker, including awards for good bowling and batting irrespective of the result of the match.

Users who are viewing this thread