India tour of WestIndies - June/July 2017

S

Satan666

Something is burning after India's win or I should say someone? :rolleyes

Funny enough you only see them posting when we lose once in a blue moon. :lolDon't believe me? Please go through the thread.

A good ODI series overall for us only wished the new guys should've got some more chances to play, glad they picked Karthik at least for the last one.

A 3-1 scoreline in a 5 match series against the9th rank ODI team is ceetainly an achievment....

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A 3-1 scoreline in a 5 match series against the9th rank ODI team is ceetainly an achievment....
ICC CT'17 was a prime example why you shouldn't underestimate a team based on the ranking.

S

Satan666

ICC CT'17 was a prime example why you shouldn't underestimate a team based on the ranking.

WI doesnt have an Aamir or Junaid or someone with the experience of Malik. The 8th ranked team Pakistan historically been proven to be very very unpredictable so your counter is baseless

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
WI doesnt have an Aamir or Junaid or someone with the experience of Malik. The 8th ranked team Pakistan historically been proven to be very very unpredictable so your counter is baseless
They still defeated us in the previous match without any experienced one plus we were playing probably our best X1 and I answered you only on the basis of the ranked thing that you mentioned.[DOUBLEPOST=1499433006][/DOUBLEPOST]Taking it forward, looking forward to the T20. Quite excited to see Gayle back in action, hope to witness a good contest.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
19894990_2026002824294625_2649167850587583014_n.jpg

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
This should be a cakewalk for West Indies considering how India has imploded here. Its still a very batting friendly pitch. And West Indies is one of the best T20 teams in the world with players specifically suited for the format, like Narine, Pollard, Gayle.

Pant and Karthik have shown great promise here. Especially was very impressed with Karthik's innings. He batted fluently and was a delight to watch. India might soon get into a 'problem of plenty' for the wicketkeeping spot with Pant, Karthik, Parthiv and Samson in the competition. All four of them are very good batsmen (maybe Parthiv is the weakest, but still good). Pant was scratchy today due to inexperience, but still he showed glimpses of what he can do. He needs time and he has earned it.

B

Bigby Wolf

What a start by WI especially lewis and India have been sloppy so far in the field 2 dropped catches now:facepalm.With Jadeja bowling into the wind the game seems far from over for the Indians.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Our bowlers are being dispatched all over the ground by these two. Kuldeep has been a positive for India in this match. He at least created chances.[DOUBLEPOST=1499625659][/DOUBLEPOST]
He seems to have the worst of luck.

B

Bigby Wolf

The famous old saying in cricket 'Catches wins you matches' and there is absolutely no chance of winning it when you drop two of the bloke who has been tonking the Indian bowlers all over the park.Kuldeep was superb throughout the series and bowled splendidly today as well - the only Positive sign of the entire tour.The spin department definitely needs to be replaced (both Ashwin and Jadeja) they have been pretty ordinary to say the atleast for quite sometime in LO format maybe trying Chahal and Shahbaz Nadeem alongside Kuldeep Yadav. Mohammed Shami's t20 record have been absymal and the even in the Ipl over the years struggled a lot , perhaps he should only focus on the longer versions of the game.
A difficult debut for Rishab Pant today ,the platform was all set for him after the great start India had today to play his natural game but instead struggle to get going.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Satan666

India completely demolished in this one off T20.

India are playing T20 cricket as if its still 2010, lmao!

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
they have been pretty ordinary to say the atleast for quite sometime in LO format maybe trying Chahal and Shahbaz Nadeem alongside Kuldeep Yadav.
What happened to Chahal anyway? He took a six-fer in his last match. He should replace Ashwin and for Jaddu I think the selectors should keep their eye on Krunal Pandya. Let him play some "A" cricket, get him exposed to playing overseas and gain experience and I think he is an ideal player to replace Jaddu.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I don't think so this has been a very satisfying tour for India considering their A class squad was on the tour.In the T20, Windies have always been good against any International Side. Its a different ball game, Generally in T20 the teams gap minimized but Windies is just too good and fought too hard on its day having the last laugh. While, Virat isn't an opening material.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I don't think so this has been a very satisfying tour for India considering their A class squad was on the tour.In the T20, Windies have always been good against any International Side. Its a different ball game, Generally in T20 the teams gap minimized but Windies is just too good and fought too hard on its day having the last laugh. While, Virat isn't an opening material.

I actually think the opposite, Virat batted pretty great at the top and gave the team a quick fire start (39 off 22 balls as an opener in T20 at an S/R of 177+ is gold). I've wanted Virat to open even in ODI's before because it gives him time to set and once he is set, he goes on a rampage. Also Kohli is someone who is a lot more busier than Rohit when it comes to singles and two's. Kohli is not just a 'boundary hitter'. He should bat No.3 mostly, but he is a good guy to open batting when needed.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
He may have been good at the opening slot because He is a versatile batsman and not every Top batsman is versatile, Virat is one of those. I can remember Inzy was very good almost at any number from 1 to 6, He once opened in Australia back in 1997 against top quality Windies bowlers and scored a brisk 42 runs according to that time but his comfortable position had always been 4 to 5. But there is a mild difference and a line between going aggressive and being aggressive with a strategy. Virat is the main man in the squad like a cornerstone. If cornerstone breaks rights at top while new ball is moving here and there, The entire team morale goes down, Where dependability of a certain player is immense, He has to use himself strategically well in the squad, Untill or unless You got an undisputed team like Australia who had match winners from 1 to 7.. Thats entirely my view. Room for disagreement is wide open

S

Satan666

I actually think the opposite, Virat batted pretty great at the top and gave the team a quick fire start (39 off 22 balls as an opener in T20 at an S/R of 177+ is gold). I've wanted Virat to open even in ODI's before because it gives him time to set and once he is set, he goes on a rampage. Also Kohli is someone who is a lot more busier than Rohit when it comes to singles and two's. Kohli is not just a 'boundary hitter'. He should bat No.3 mostly, but he is a good guy to open batting when needed.
umm you realised the pitch at sabina was a batting paradise?

Users who are viewing this thread