South Africa tour of England

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Looks pretty good to me. Big fan of Woakes but would be tough on Roland Jones.
It would, but for me Roland-Jones is definitely the next cab off the rank. He'd probably play as often as not because Broad, Woakes and Anderson hardly have a track record of all being fit at the same time.

Heard Sky commentators talk about Hales at 5 which is interesting. Be less pressure on him but does he have right technique to play at test level?
Technically, I think he'd be fine at Test level so long as he wasn't starting against a Philander, Starc, Amir or Shami with the new ball. He would also fit into this new English idea of an "engine room middle-order" that cluld potentially win a game in a session.

Don't know enough about Browne to comment but we need to find a partner for Cook soon as he will be retiring in a couple of years probably.
I figured that the best bloke to succeed a tall, patient left-handed Essex opener would be a tall, patient left-handed Essex opener. They also know they bat well together from that 400-stand earlier in the year.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It would, but for me Roland-Jones is definitely the next cab off the rank. He'd probably play as often as not because Broad, Woakes and Anderson hardly have a track record of all being fit at the same time..

yes cannot find any fault in that logic !

I figured that the best bloke to succeed a tall, patient left-handed Essex opener would be a tall, patient left-handed Essex opener. They also know they bat well together from that 400-stand earlier in the year.

I hope you are right as issue has been unresolved for years now. Perhaps county cricket needs shaking up to prepare cricketers better for step-up to test cricket but that is a discussion for another thread

Anyhow day 4 about to start, hope the forecast is good in Manchester!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
The ball is moving sideways. Saffies doing well to only be 2 down....

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Amla really is a class apart from other batsmen. Really gave South Africa a solid chance to win this one.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Good on him man. Guess you really have to respect the beard.

Indeed - if I just wasn't so against it, I would grow one to honour him :D

It really suits him but I just know I would look terrible !

Yes game hopefully wrapped up this evening :thumbs

Santander

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think this series has put beyond any doubt that Moeen is a genuine all-rounder.

I won't disrespect his bowling again. :lol

Jenocide

Banned
Profile Flag
England
Good on him man. Guess you really have to respect the beard.

The game might be over before the end of the day.
I think the beard is his style and he should keep it.[DOUBLEPOST=1502201304][/DOUBLEPOST]
Amla really is a class apart from other batsmen. Really gave South Africa a solid chance to win this one.
Now jlets not get to hasty South Africa are a good team I feel Enlgand were good or certain players stepped up.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think this series has put beyond any doubt that Moeen is a genuine all-rounder.

I won't disrespect his bowling again. :lol

He's bowled well in England before (although not quite that well); its when they play away that he struggles a bit more. I mean he's an incredibly useful player to have since he's a proper good batsman who on his day can bowl very well, but I'd like to see him have a good winter somewhere before we start talking about him being this big all rounder.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
AB de Villiers steps down as SA captain in all formats and makes a return to all 3 formats!! I'm over the moon!

The best decision for himself and SA cricket!

Users who are viewing this thread