You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi,
It's been couple of days since my Android phone is not able to access the internet through Wi-Fi. Other devices are perfectly connected and working fine with good speed. I'm using Vivo Y51L which was working great since the past 4-6 months. But unfortunately, I'm now not able to access internet.

The Wi-Fi shows the connected status at the top. But the network speed indicators shows 0.3 - 0.8 K/s (no internet access). While other device namely Gionee P5W, Vivo Y55L are perfectly connected and getting speed up-to 250-300 K/s.
Screenshot_20170901_231531.png

Kindly help, I really want this thing fixed.

Thanks. :)

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can you re-connect by clicking forget the Wi-Fi network and then re-enter the password and etc on the phone? Some setting might have messed it up, this should reset it. Also try placing your phone near the router since the signal looks weak from the screenshot.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
You might want to check whether your phone is able to connect to any other wifis outside your home network, just to make sure that it isn't your device fault. I have run into similar issue with my phone, when my wifi name was same in 2 places & it won't just authenticate internally in other place due to same name - Villain's suggestion of above to forget & reconnect would help.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Can you re-connect by clicking forget the Wi-Fi network and then re-enter the password and etc on the phone? Some setting might have messed it up, this should reset it. Also try placing your phone near the router since the signal looks weak from the screenshot.
You might want to check whether your phone is able to connect to any other wifis outside your home network, just to make sure that it isn't your device fault. I have run into similar issue with my phone, when my wifi name was same in 2 places & it won't just authenticate internally in other place due to same name - Villain's suggestion of above to forget & reconnect would help.
Tried several times. Even tried static settings with Google dns, rebooted device several times but no use. Also the other phones just connect to the network. Distance is not an issue here as other devices work absolutely fine with the same distance with the same router.

Last edited:

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yes, the device is able to connect and access the internet of other Wi-Fi.
Any recent changes in the router? I mean any change in the settings before this problem occurred? Only thing I could think of is to change the wireless mode to a one that works on the router itself.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Other thing to check out is - are too many devices connected to this WIFI. You might want to turn OFF the connectivity of your other devices to this WIFI and have your mobile alone to connect and see whether you still have poor reception.

Users who are viewing this thread