AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Auty Cup.png

The K.A. Auty Cup Trophy is an international cricket series played between Canada and the United States. It is reputed to be the first and longest running international sporting fixture. It has been an annual series hosted alternately by Cricket Canada and the United States of America Cricket Association. The series saw a 16-year hiatus beginning in 1995 due to financial difficulties. Since its revival in 2011 the series has been expanded from a two-day match only to a two-day match, a 50-over match, and two Twenty20 matches.

Tue Sep 12 (50 ovs) 1st Match - Canada v United States of America Maple Leaf South-West Ground, Toronto
Wed Sep 13 (50 ovs) 2nd Match - Canada v United States of America Maple Leaf South-West Ground, Toronto
Thu Sep 14 (50 ovs) 3rd Match - Canada v United States of America Maple Leaf South-West Ground, Toronto

News

Ibrahim Khaleel to lead USA in Auty Cup - ESPNcricinfo

Ibrahim Khaleel was a pretty decent bloke. I have seen him during his stint with the controversial Indian Cricket League. He shifted to US and now is leading the United States team. USACA have decided to drop senior and non committed players like Alex Amsterdam, former captain Steve Taylor, etc. Its a blow as the experience will be missed.

USA yesterday won the first match comprehensively. I have a feeling USA who has been champions for 32 times since the inception of this cup will be winning and taking home the trophy.

Current Champion - Canada(2016)

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Yes finally after 26 long years USA brings the trophy home. I feel the current set of USA players are really good. No matter how shit WICB has been over these year for West Indies, they have done really good for USA cricket. No other board has helped an associate or affiliate at this level as WICB has done.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't understand why we never hear about these matches in north american sports channels. Both USA and Canada board could get some revenue if they advertise and people come to watch it at the ground, either in Toronto or Indianapolis. Canada-USA rivalry in cricket would be a great way to advertise cricket here in North America.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Don't understand why we never hear about these matches in north american sports channels. Both USA and Canada board could get some revenue if they advertise and people come to watch it at the ground, either in Toronto or Indianapolis. Canada-USA rivalry in cricket would be a great way to advertise cricket here in North America.
The problem isnt broadcasters, the problem is ICC. They are doing nothing at all to get cricket up in non-cricketing nations. If we just take Indian's into account there are roughly 3 million Indians in US. Even if half of them watch it thats more then enough for a country like USA. Do not forget there are Aussies, English, Africans, Pakistani's, Bangladeshi's here. Also I think us as people living here, what do we do? Nothing! We should be more involved as well.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The problem isnt broadcasters, the problem is ICC. They are doing nothing at all to get cricket up in non-cricketing nations. If we just take Indian's into account there are roughly 3 million Indians in US. Even if half of them watch it thats more then enough for a country like USA. Do not forget there are Aussies, English, Africans, Pakistani's, Bangladeshi's here. Also I think us as people living here, what do we do? Nothing! We should be more involved as well.
Quite hypocritical coming from the ICC, saying "it will truly be a global sport" As a brown adolescent living in a predominately white city with many Desis, many Canadians know about cricket now, compared to last few years when you see them asking something dumb like "sorry, did you say crocket?" xd. A lot of kids liked cricket when they introduced cricket with plastic sets and that was in high school as well. I think if cricket is to grow more popular here is to introduce the sport early, have good facilities, which is slowly coming together where I live near a major city. America also has good facilities for the most part. Another thing is cricket needs to be broadcasted on sports channels or channel's where typically many people go on. If we do both these things I think US and Canada have a bright future for cricket.
ICC really need's to step up its game at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread