Pro Cycling thread

D

Dutch

Listening to an interview last night that Chris Froome gave before a criterium ride here in Holland and he still hasnt heard any kind of response from Wiggo! Nothing. No congratulations, nothing. Bit shabby from Wiggo to say the least.:noway

Abner007

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am totally agree with you all. I think that cycling is most effective way to stay healthy and also good to keep your body fit. But with that you should take care of your diet. Anyway I would like to say thanks to you that you share this post here with us.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Exciting tour shaping up. Really disappointing that we'll be denied the Contador/Nibali/Froome battle in the mountains after that horrendous stage 5 but that's racing.
I know Nibali has a surprisingly large gap at this point but his form hasn't been good this season and he couldn't stay with Contador during the Dauphin?. My tips would be to keep an eye on Jacob Fuglsang and Andrew Talansky. Fuglsang is basically Nibali's super-domestique but if Nibali falters I reckon Fuglsang will be allowed to ride away from him.
The real fun starts tomorrow with the first mountain stage and another GC shake-up. Also keep an eye on Sagan; had a couple of falls and he may yet not make it to Paris. Seeing as no-one else is really even competing for the green jersey that would definitely shake things up!

LizardKing81

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Kinda surprised this isn't talked about more.. it's something the British are good at.

With that, Le Tour de France starts in 6 days, and Kenyan-born Brit, Chris Froome will go in as favourite.. but there are challenges, like Nairo Quintana, Vincenzo Nibali (outside chance), Alberto Contador (extreme outside chance), Estaban Chaves (dark horse) and rider to watch, Julian Alaphilippe because he'll do crazy stuff like Peter Sagan

D

Dutch

Kinda surprised this isn't talked about more.. it's something the British are good at.

With that, Le Tour de France starts in 6 days, and Kenyan-born Brit, Chris Froome will go in as favourite.. but there are challenges, like Nairo Quintana, Vincenzo Nibali (outside chance), Alberto Contador (extreme outside chance), Estaban Chaves (dark horse) and rider to watch, Julian Alaphilippe because he'll do crazy stuff like Peter Sagan
Indeed...bit late for a reply but Froome has been immense this year: France and Spain and bronze in the tic timetrial WC...I have seen some of the facts and figures of what he has done in terms of kilometers and height meters...staggering!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ha ha....the rest of the brummies are eating chip fat in some dark cellar of an ale house.......

In reality with 100 miles of roads closed, was loads of complaints by businesses that had to shut and there were protests on the day. I of course was too busy in the dark cellar....

D

Deleted member 46200

Sadly I never learnt to ride a bike and now considering I can walk anywhere in town inside twenty minutes I have no need plus I drive.

D

Dutch

In reality with 100 miles of roads closed, was loads of complaints by businesses that had to shut and there were protests on the day. I of course was too busy in the dark cellar....
Was a bad day for potatoes and fags then.....:p

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
England
yes I love cycling,like to ride about 20 miles a day if possible.
20!! :eek: I do about 3 miles a day. Feeling fitter already and only started at Christmas. Bet you have a road bike/hybrid?[DOUBLEPOST=1547024724][/DOUBLEPOST]
Have been an avid watcher of the Tour but all the drugs shite is sad
Do you cycle yourself? :)

Users who are viewing this thread