Ashes Cricket General Discussion

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Delightful. What massive cosmetic improvement if your DBC17 academy was up to scratch
Well it will be interesting to see a comparison between community created teams and the licensed players. I'll do a video of comparisons when I get my hands on the game.

abdul170

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well being most loyal activist for ashes17 volunteer advertising since last one month...I m now big critic for not giving info about online play improvement..... For career 17 was already good. Online 14 was great .regarding graphics ashes2009 and brianlara 2005 were still good.......Ross symmons need to understand pulse of community..... Need online gameplay awesomeness to convince my fellows to buy...plz take it as wakeup call...we appreciate licencing and player model resemblance, and commentary etc, but in today's social media world any games success depends on online part making online play exiting especially in acricket game..Ea failed despite good input becoz of no online play in any ea cricket

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Well being most loyal activist for ashes17 volunteer advertising since last one month...I m now big critic for not giving info about online play improvement..... For career 17 was already good. Online 14 was great .regarding graphics ashes2009 and brianlara 2005 were still good.......Ross symmons need to understand pulse of community..... Need online gameplay awesomeness to convince my fellows to buy...plz take it as wakeup call...we appreciate licencing and player model resemblance, and commentary etc, but in today's social media world any games success depends on online part making online play especially cricket game..Ea failed despite good input becoz of no online play in any ea cricket
Mate I understand your point but you just have to wait for release to get to know the reality..I totally support the cause that online needs to be looked into for sure but these things have to be experienced to believe...So just wait till release.. Thank you..

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Well being most loyal activist for ashes17 volunteer advertising since last one month...I m now big critic for not giving info about online play improvement..... For career 17 was already good. Online 14 was great .regarding graphics ashes2009 and brianlara 2005 were still good.......Ross symmons need to understand pulse of community..... Need online gameplay awesomeness to convince my fellows to buy...plz take it as wakeup call...we appreciate licencing and player model resemblance, and commentary etc, but in today's social media world any games success depends on online part making online play especially cricket game..Ea failed despite good input becoz of no online play in any ea cricket
Chill mate, they have a plan in place on how they are marketing the game. I'm sure more details regarding the game itself will be announced before release.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
it looks marketing at moment is in direction of licensed players likeness and mo-cop what it feels from above interview link or he talked about settling difficulty level. one thing which he discussed about "big difference in career b/w both games" is REALLY a big difference? Lets wait and hope we can see more better differences once game is released.

Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I Guess I am probably the only one who don't give a dame about online and just want to go straight to career mode and start having a blast.
For me single player modes are important and online is just a bonus.

No not the only one, I too want great offline play :thumbs

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I Guess I am probably the only one who don't give a dame about online and just want to go straight to career mode and start having a blast.
Yup! The truth has been spoken...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

obviously there is a significant online community, but I think it's also true it's the minority of players.

that said, and though online isn't my bag, i really hope everyone gets what they want from ashes 17. it will make this forum a happy place

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

At the end of the day a deep career mode and online mode is what lends game their longevity. You can face off against AI/CPU offline only for so long and then it becomes repetitive and boring. That's why I rate DBC14 and AC09 so highly, i.e. coz of their online modes. Hopefully Ashes Cricket will have a deep and immersive career mode with proper and accurate stats tracking so the game has replay value even if online gameplay is not that improved from DBC 17 (though I wish it is).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread