Flight Simulator

D

Dutch

We used to have a flight sim thread: apart from playing DBC I love Flightsims.......
Anyone else?

D

Dutch

YouTube

@El Loco

Here is a vid of me flying over Wellington.....realistic weather, plane and scenery.....

There are 3 main flightsims at the mo

X plane 11....the most realistic in terms of flight behavior (nasa uses it as do the all major plane developers)
Prepared 4....the most realistic in terms of airports and scenery and add ons

Flight Sim World most accessible for new players who want to play more rather than fly.....

Last edited by a moderator:

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
YouTube

@El Loco

Here is a vid of me flying over Wellington.....realistic weather, plane and scenery.....

There are 3 main flightsims at the mo

X plane 11....the most realistic in terms of flight behavior
Prepared 4....the most realistic in terms of airports and scenery and add ons

Flight Sim World most accessible for new players who want to play more rather than fly.....
Thanks for the vid, will check the game out at some point.
Just for the sake of being realistic, if you panned back far enough and pressed the rudder, would you be able to see the ailerons rise up?
And also, is it possible to stunts like barrel rolls etc? :p

D

Dutch

Thanks for the vid, will check the game out at some point.
Just for the sake of being realistic, if you panned back far enough and pressed the rudder, would you be able to see the ailerons rise up?
And also, is it possible to stunts like barrel rolls etc? :p
Yes and yes and a whole lot more......the sims have become ultra realistic......I have a number off add ons that are as complex as flying an actual version of that airplane.....a 737 for example....or a smaller aircraft like a Cessna 172.....every swuitch dial and behavior like the real aircraft are modelled very accurately.....I think you would really enjoy Flight Sim World...it has realistic dynamics and beautiful planes...and is cheap compared with the others...check it out on Steam!

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Yes and yes and a whole lot more......the sims have become ultra realistic......I have a number off add ons that are as complex as flying an actual version of that airplane.....a 737 for example....or a smaller aircraft like a Cessna 172.....every swuitch dial and behavior like the real aircraft are modelled very accurately.....I think you would really enjoy Flight Sim World...it has realistic dynamics and beautiful planes...and is cheap compared with the others...check it out on Steam!
Excellent, will do!

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've been watching airforceproud95 on youtube and it's making me want to buy a flight sim game

D

Dutch

I've been watching airforceproud95 on youtube and it's making me want to buy a flight sim game
Ha ha that guy is nuts and very funny...he also does some very serious stuff as well.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I do have a certain interest in flight sims. I bought the Flight Simulator X on Steam when it was on sale few months back. The sad part is I haven't really gotten the time to explore it yet but this thread is re-igniting that passion.

D

Dutch

I do have a certain interest in flight sims. I bought the Flight Simulator X on Steam when it was on sale few months back. The sad part is I haven't really gotten the time to explore it yet but this thread is re-igniting that passion.
Once you get to grips with the basics it can be a very enjoyable and immersive hobby: have a look at Flight Sim world on Steam......great sim for new comers and looks stunning....

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
wish there was a new sail simulator. Last one came in 2010. The new Sail Away has only modern boat and is mostly "technical". I heard
that Assassins Creed Black Flag is great when sailing ships.

Users who are viewing this thread