Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
How to know the rpm of hdd obviously without opening it. I found their model name . The one starting with 54 is 5400rpm and the one with 72 is 7200rpm . Am i right?? Just confirming

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How to know the rpm of hdd obviously without opening it. I found their model name . The one starting with 54 is 5400rpm and the one with 72 is 7200rpm . Am i right?? Just confirming
Absolutely. :thumbs

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
If you had downloaded and run that file, as Matt suggested, please run a virus scan. Apart from your antivirus of choice, I've always recommended Spybot: Search & Destroy, and Malware Bytes Anti-Malware to detect and remove other forms of malware like Spyware, Malware etc. This seems to be the best time to install these and run a full system scan. If you find anything you don't understand, head over to the Technology forum, and post your results, and we'll try and help you out.

I downloaded that file and opened it, then antivirus (I'm using avast) straightaway discarded the file. So I realized it was a virus but nothing unusual had happened (like screen freezing, a program not responding or a random program consuming internet, etc) once the file was removed. I assumed everything was fine, yet I disconnected the internet and ran a full system scan. After that, for my satisfaction, I restarted laptop and the opening window shown a message which said something like "Battery has experienced a permanent failure and needs to be replaced". That message appears every time I start my laptop now, so battery is gone for sure. I don't think a virus(a software) could damage a laptop's battery, but this feels weird.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I downloaded that file and opened it, then antivirus (I'm using avast) straightaway discarded the file. So I realized it was a virus but nothing unusual had happened (like screen freezing, a program not responding or a random program consuming internet, etc) once the file was removed. I assumed everything was fine, yet I disconnected the internet and ran a full system scan. After that, for my satisfaction, I restarted laptop and the opening window shown a message which said something like "Battery has experienced a permanent failure and needs to be replaced". That message appears every time I start my laptop now, so battery is gone for sure. I don't think a virus(a software) could damage a laptop's battery, but this feels weird.
Is it a Dell laptop?
If you have a removable battery, try removing the battery, and installing it again. Sometimes updating the BIOS can solve these issues.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Is it a Dell laptop?
If you have a removable battery, try removing the battery, and installing it again. Sometimes updating the BIOS can solve these issues.
Yes it's a Dell laptop and I tried reinstalling the battery but it didn't work. Although I don't understand what updating BIOS means.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
This link might help to diagnoses whether you have a faulty battery indeed, or it's simply a caching problem that's reporting your battery is damaged:
http://accatech.com/laptop-battery-permanent-failure/

Nothing worked at all; I also tried a few methods from YouTube videos, it din't help too. My Dell laptop has a diagnosis feature which can be run at boot time, I used it and it turns out that battery has actually failed (as the message said battery's near end of its life and it also generated an error message a code while diagnosing battery). I'll take my laptop to a technician anyway.

Now I'd like to know if I should be using laptop without battery in, on direct AC power supply? Is it safe? It's matter of a few days though until I replace the battery.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Now I'd like to know if I should be using laptop without battery in, on direct AC power supply? Is it safe?
Using a laptop off AC power is simply like using a desktop without a UPS. In my opinion, it shouldn't really matter and you should be fine. A second opinion wouldn't hurt though.

Reactions: Ohm

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Now I'd like to know if I should be using laptop without battery in, on direct AC power supply? Is it safe? It's matter of a few days though until I replace the battery.
Yes you can. You won't be worried about battery heat too. :p
Anyways hope you have a ups in home.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Nothing worked at all; I also tried a few methods from YouTube videos, it din't help too. My Dell laptop has a diagnosis feature which can be run at boot time, I used it and it turns out that battery has actually failed (as the message said battery's near end of its life and it also generated an error message a code while diagnosing battery). I'll take my laptop to a technician anyway.

It's Totally Fine (Get A UPS if Loadshedding is not scheduled) In My Case I don't have a UPS (Generator <3) but since I know the timing of LoadShedding I turn off the Laptop :)

IMG_20171020_042745.jpg
My Bro Laptop is showing this error any fix ??

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Go into BIOS, check the boot order, if LAN is listed in the boot menu, disable it or move it to lowest priority.
Try and disable LAN from BIOS.

Another solution might be to change the hard disk mode if there's such an option in bios.

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
laptop keyboard "I" key is not working. typing now wth the help of on screen keyboard.

if i press some combination like de fr tr ju lo ;p then it keep pressing iiiii.

ex- deiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiijuloloiiiiiiiiiiiiio;piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'[;piiiiiiiiiiiiideiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiideiiiiiiiiiiiie

and during that period touchpad also not working. it works after i press esc key..

recent changes - updated bios to the latest version..

faced ths problem on 14 oct. then automatcally solved on 17 oct (d1d system restore)
then same problem started aga1n on 20 oct. d1d a clean w1n 7 1nstallat1on.
not solved..

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Could be a language issue, or a faulty keyboard.
Go into the system restore, open command prompt, and see if the keys work fine. If they do, it is a software issue, else, most likely your keyboard's gone.

Users who are viewing this thread