Ashes Cricket General Discussion

adibr97

Club Cricketer
Hazlewood has a standard action. Same as Starc, Wood and Ball[/QUOTE]

You can see the slight nuances in the actions, especially in the release/follow through for me.

But regardless, what a fantastic video. Genuinely looking to be the best game we've seen yet. The fluidity in the animations just makes so much of a visual difference, most of those shots looked brilliant. Also good to see a footwork option (Backfoot toggle) on the new controls. Really living up to the hype

flake

County Cricketer
Wow ! Epic stuff there !

I’m guessing Wood has been assigned a generic action, but it looks a lot more realistic than db17 ! Ball definitely had a quicker arm action, very cool ! Starc looked very similar to his real life action especially after release. Hazlewood looked like his own too, maybe a bit similar to Balls?

Batting looked smooth and realistic. Great stuff here boys !

Danial Hamdani

School Cricketer
Wow ! Epic stuff there !

I’m guessing Wood has been assigned a generic action, but it looks a lot more realistic than db17 ! Ball definitely had a quicker arm action, very cool ! Starc looked very similar to his real life action especially after release. Hazlewood looked like his own too, maybe a bit similar to Balls?

Batting looked smooth and realistic. Great stuff here boys !
agreed loved it :)

bestfriendh

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Great video. Great to see varied bowling actions and batting styles. Would have loved to see a bit about career mode as well, but this is really exciting stuff.

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Sorry, to clarify, it seems that Wood and Hazlewood have the same action.

edit: sorry, wrong again. Same action and delivery stride, but Hazlewood has a straighter arm. Very good attention to detail

ragingryano

School Cricketer
Looks amazing! Great work Big Ant studios!

Next step is doing some generic Mo-cap for fielding, that throwing looks a bit sidearm still!

LEFF

Club Captain
This is next level stuff... definitely NOT a DBC17 re-skin with licenses.

Those actions are absolutely beautiful to see in a cricket game. Very smooth gameplay, batting looks a treat... even the outfield catch looked like a decent 'technically' sound catch.

I'm impressed to say the least!

jan52

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great video, will get it on ps4 now and pc as well later on. Was skeptical at first about buying it but the video helped me to make up my mind.
Great to see where we have come, From Ashes cricket 13 to this Ashes cricket. I remembered the unplayable Ashes cricket 13 and chuckeled,

Thanks to bigants!

Users who are viewing this thread