How we should remember Kevin Pietersen

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
So ... Could he do a Johan Botha and become an Australian citizen and push for selection that way?

Last edited:

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
So ... Could he do a Johan Botha and become an Australian citizen and push for selection that way?

I think he can :)

Renshaw/Warner/Khawaja
Smith/Pietersen/Handscomb

:')

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I personally dont have him up
There with the greats: for me Tendulkar, Ponting, Richards, Botham just to name but a few are streets ahead of KP. Those guys loved cricket: kp does what is good for kp.

I think that's a little unfair. I am sure he loved/loves cricket. For all the criticisms people threw at him he was never described as anything other than someone who worked hard at his game and took it seriously. As for doing what's good for himself, I'd argue that's all you should expect from a professional sportsman: they have 1 career and need to make the most of it.

FWIW I think particularly on the standards of the England team, I'd say he was a true great. My memory of the England team runs back to about 88/89. I'd say Gooch, Thorpe, Pietersen and Cook are the current stand out greats of that era, with Root likely to join. (Vaughan touched greatness, but didn't sustain it. Gower was already past his best by that time.)

At the world level, in that era there are 5 standout batsmen to me: Tendulkar, Ponting, Kallis and Sangakarra coming in behind Lara who is the absolute best for me. KP would be in the next bracket with the Waughs, Dravid and Gooch. (I don't currently consider Root Smith and Kohli, who have so much of their careers ahead and could end up on either bracket.)

But, of all of those batsmen in both brackets, there are only 2 that I would drop absolutely everything to try and see if you told me they were going to make a hundred today: Lara and KP.

digiosmosis

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
KP is a sort of batsman to whose innings should be watched by paying. Just remember his 227 innings against Australia where he made the hell of bowlers like Shane Watson and Doug Bollinger.

Users who are viewing this thread