This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It was nearly static in 1992 world cup when Pakistan trashed England in the final. I think it will be a good addition for your retro tours.

It was not broadcast and not even dynamic regarding latest camera improvements .Never an issue whether or not being added to the existing cams.

adibr97

Club Cricketer
was just wondering how the precision shot works? is it synonymous with nudging the ball around for a quick single or two without having the same power as an 'attacking shot'? Similar to how in IC10 you could control how much power was in the shot and take quick singles like that, does the precision shot allow us to do that? thanks :)

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
this thread growing every day like selling hot cakes :D

i haven't get time to check videos just saw yesterday BA video telling about style etc. game really looks awesome and near to perfect.

@WealeyH @Llewelynf @SnowyCasanova

- Just small queries as in beta testing do u have access of creating custom tournament, actually looking for, if BA has added "league & KO" like champion trophy last year in custom tournament.
- Also AI dismissals been improved as in last iteration mostly AI got out as catches.

anyways i have reserved my money for such great cricket game.

BIG THANKS BIG ANT :)

Last edited:

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Hopefully the bowlers are more varied this time , like some bowl good outswing , some gets good bounce , some are skiddy with low bounce etc and some get seam movement.

angad

Chairman of Consent
@grkrama @blockerdave @WealeyH

In all your play time, have you had an edge (or bat pad catch) to backward short leg against an off spinner on a turning track?

In one of the videos posted by @WealeyH, if I am not wrong, there was a delivery that went off the thigh pad (very close to the bat) and looped up for the keeper to collect it. This wasn't There in the previous games and has me really excited as maybe the same will happen with spinners also as a lot of such dismissals happen in real life specially in Indian conditions with Ashwin bowling.

Also, did you come across any edges to slip from a forward defence against the spinners? E.g. how most offspinners get the left handed batsmen out on turning tracks?

I apologize for pestering you guys with more queries ;)

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Quite a lot of posts to go through, enjoyed every bit of that. There is a very obvious positive vibe for a change on PC forums, and I think 9 days of wait is fine to enjoy these things.

I have a question, if it can be answered, @Llewelynf, has the player editor got new elements for making players more realistic? I haven't seen anything specific about this, it's fine if there is an embargo on these details, but would love if I could know...

mahesh makku

Club Cricketer
Thanks a lot man for uploading these gameplays for us....But there is a bug in this gameplay video.
1. When Smith hit boundary during his 46 run to reach 50,there is no announcement of his half century by the commentator.this is the bug present in DBC 17 nd now these big any is continuing this bug in ashes also.
2. If the batsmen hit boundary(4s) nd if the ball reach the boundary slowly then the replay of that shot will be late I.e the shot will not be shown in the replay,the replay will start from ball moving on the ground.

This bigant done a great work to bring the ashes cricket game to the market.but they are not focussing on this kind of bugs which are already present in their previous dbc17 game.....Then how we can trust them the new kind of bugs will not arise in ashes cricket game.so before the release they should rectify the every bug in this game.so that there will be better response from public for them for future coming games.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Thanks a lot man for uploading these gameplays for us....But there is a bug in this gameplay video.
1. When Smith hit boundary during his 46 run to reach 50,there is no announcement of his half century by the commentator.this is the bug present in DBC 17 nd now these big any is continuing this bug in ashes also.
2. If the batsmen hit boundary(4s) nd if the ball reach the boundary slowly then the replay of that shot will be late I.e the shot will not be shown in the replay,the replay will start from ball moving on the ground.

This bigant done a great work to bring the ashes cricket game to the market.but they are not focussing on this kind of bugs which are already present in their previous dbc17 game.....Then how we can trust them the new kind of bugs will not arise in ashes cricket game.so before the release they should rectify the every bug in this game.so that there will be better response from public for them for future coming games.

Your last part is quite rude, the game has not even released yet. How can you comment on bugs for something that you haven't played yet? The guys are 'BETA" testers. Beta is not final game. As for trust, buy the game after seeing some videos online when it's released. Don't buy on first day, if you don't trust them, and think about yourself not about the public. Peace.

Kass D

County Cricketer
Your last part is quite rude, the game has not even released yet. How can you comment on bugs for something that you haven't played yet? The guys are 'BETA" testers. Beta is not final game. As for trust, buy the game after seeing some videos online when it's released. Don't buy on first day, if you don't trust them, and think about yourself not about the public. Peace.
I second that.

mahesh makku

Club Cricketer
I think no part is rude in my quote.i told the truth.i am not selfish to think about myself,many of the cricket lovers nd big any lovers are disappointed after the release of DBC 17 by seeing that kind bugs.......And also I had buy the game after 2 months of the release but also they not rectified the total bugs in that game nd started the next cricket ashes....So that what I sugesting them to make a perfect game with out any bugs.So this kind of things will not be only useful for me.....It will be useful for pubilc(cricket lovers),so i think u are not a part of that.So chill bro.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors

If you check out @grkrama’s video you will see Khawaja get to his 50 and the commentary acknowledging it

venkateshfruty

School Cricketer
If you check out @grkrama’s video you will see Khawaja get to his 50 and the commentary acknowledging it
As u said when Khawaja hit single to brings his fifty.. Commentary box has pointed that he brings fifty... In the same way when smith reaches his fifty with boundary.. What about that... Nothing from commentary box..bing ant should go through of this bug..

Danial Hamdani

School Cricketer
ye
@grkrama @blockerdave @WealeyH

In all your play time, have you had an edge (or bat pad catch) to backward short leg against an off spinner on a turning track?

In one of the videos posted by @WealeyH, if I am not wrong, there was a delivery that went off the thigh pad (very close to the bat) and looped up for the keeper to collect it. This wasn't There in the previous games and has me really excited as maybe the same will happen with spinners also as a lot of such dismissals happen in real life specially in Indian conditions with Ashwin bowling.

Also, did you come across any edges to slip from a forward defence against the spinners? E.g. how most offspinners get the left handed batsmen out on turning tracks?

I apologize for pestering you guys with more queries ;)
yes there are bat and pad catches on spin bowling i have already asked this and got a positive response

angad

Chairman of Consent
.And also I had buy the game after 2 months of the release but also they not rectified the total bugs in that game nd started the next cricket ashes....So that what I sugesting them to make a perfect game with out any bugs.So this kind of things will not be only useful for me.....It will be useful for pubilc(cricket lovers),so i think u are not a part of that.So chill bro.

If you bought the game after 2 months (or 8 months for that matter) without first investing time in finding out whether the issues that bug you (and your circle or friends that you keep referring to as 'public') have been rectified, then you can't blame anyone else but yourself. You had the luxury of finding out the exaact state of the game before your purchase and yet you blame the developer for it :facepalm

Yes there were issues in the game and as many have said (including a couple of beta testers, that consititue about 50% of the group :p) that there were issues with the previous game because of which a lot of us stopped playing it eventually, however this is not a money grab or a DBC17 2.0....This feels and plays like a new, much much much better game as compared to both the previous games.

Now, to help you decide whether you should purchase the game or not, here are a few points that you can take into account:

1) Will the game be bug free

NO. No game on this planet is.

2) Will some bugs be carried over from the previous game

Yes. Some will carry over, but most of the glaring issues have been sorted out thanks to the relentless beta testing team and the committed, passionate and one of the most talented teams in the gaming industry at Big Ant Studios.

3) Will the Big Ant team continue to support the game

Absolutely yes. No doubt there. They have always supported their games with the same passion and zeal. Also, now they are self publishing the game which means there is no interference from a third party that will limit their support for the game. On top of that, the beta testing team that is answering the questions here will continue with their testing, suggestions etc. after the game release as well....so that process will continue!

The game is looking solid based on the videos I have seen and tbh I wasn't very keen on playing the game when I first heard of it. However after seeing it in action and after reading the comments of the beta testers, I'm again as excited as I was when DBC14 was gonna release (people who knew me then know what I am talking about) and just can't wait to get my hands on the game.

One big difference I felt with this game as compared to DBC 17 pre-release stage is that I am enjoying just 'watching' the game on YouTube as well....as it feels very close to real life cricket with the new animations, the batsmen and bowlers approach towards batting/bowling, ball physics etc. I actually felt like I was watching a cricket game in play. This was not the case with DBC 17. In fact not even close.

mahesh makku

Club Cricketer
Yes bro.what u told was absolutely correct.but the bug is when the batsmen score boundary to reach his half century then there will be no announcement.but Khawaja takes single to reach his fifty at that time the commentary is perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread