Best Bowling Combination in an ODI to date

S

Satan666

Got me thinking all the great bowling combinations in ODI which one is the most sensational, successful and just outright dangerous to bat against.

Please note that its not an alltime best, eg you cant have Warne/Walsh on the same team cuz they never played together. You can include club/division teams to make things interesting and international teams.

So my best combination would have been the Pakistani team of Waqar/Wasim/Saqlain backed up by the allrounder Abdur. This attack had two dangerous fast bowlers and at the time a spinner that changed the game completely. Dangerous side to bat against on any pitch!

S

Satan666

Got me thinking all the great bowling combinations in ODI which one is the most sensational, successful and just outright dangerous to bat against.

Please note that its not an alltime best, eg you cant have Warne/Walsh on the same team cuz they never played together. You can include club/division teams to make things interesting and international teams.

So my best combination would have been the Pakistani team of Waqar/Wasim/Saqlain backed up by the allrounder Abdur. This attack had two dangerous fast bowlers and at the time a spinner that changed the game completely. Dangerous side to bat against on any pitch!

Cant say for sure exactly how many matches they played together as I was way too young.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I agree with you, but I'll include Shoaib Akhtar too. It was a great ODI attack and they peaked probably in Australian ODI series back in 2002-03. We had Wasim/Waqar/Shoaib as genuine fast bowlers along with Abdul Razzaq and Azhar Mehmood while Saqlain Mushtaq was at his peak too.
Beside this I guess McGrath/Lee/Warne combination in the same 2002 series was really good too. Also I liked South African combination of Pollock/Donald/Klusener but none was as potent as the Pakistani one, and probably that was the reason we were winning so many ODIs back in late 1990s and early 2000s.

S

Satan666

I agree with you, but I'll include Shoaib Akhtar too. It was a great ODI attack and they peaked probably in Australian ODI series back in 2002-03. We had Wasim/Waqar/Shoaib as genuine fast bowlers along with Abdul Razzaq and Azhar Mehmood while Saqlain Mushtaq was at his peak too.
Beside this I guess McGrath/Lee/Warne combination in the same 2002 series was really good too. Also I liked South African combination of Pollock/Donald/Klusener but none was as potent as the Pakistani one, and probably that was the reason we were winning so many ODIs back in late 1990s and early 2000s.

Shoaib ran through my mind a couple times but I just couldnt remeber him playing much matches alongside Waqar, didnt want to go look it up, you know just wanted to go off my memory. But including Shoaib certainly takes the attack to another level, always bowl with all his heart and stumps flying![DOUBLEPOST=1491533712][/DOUBLEPOST]Yeah Donald/Pollock/Klusener were deadly also, forgot about them.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
No love for Willie Watson, Chris Harris, Gavin Larsen and Nathan Astle? They were the dobblers so dibbly that batsmen were often left not in two minds but three or even four.

digiosmosis

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
In 1996 World Cup another deadliest combination of pace bowlers were Courtney Walsh and Curtly Ambrose from West Indies. This combination of West Indies bowlers gave many batsmen nightmares.

Users who are viewing this thread