New Zealand tour of India - October/November 2017

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Looks like the pressure on MSD's T20 spot is gaining momentum. I too for one, think its time to look beyond him in this format. With the next ICC World Twenty20 happening only in 2020 (the irony!), India has 3 solid years to groom a keeper-bat. Dhoni should continue in ODI's with the 2019 ODI WC in mind. But for T20, its time for him. Anyways he was not a great T20 player even in his peak record (his international T20 record is underwhelming). I think he can hang up boots in one extra format.

P.s: Of course he should continue playing the IPL where his CSK return is hugely expected this upcoming year.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Looks like the pressure on MSD's T20 spot is gaining momentum. I too for one, think its time to look beyond him in this format. With the next ICC World Twenty20 happening only in 2020 (the irony!), India has 3 solid years to groom a keeper-bat. Dhoni should continue in ODI's with the 2019 ODI WC in mind. But for T20, its time for him. Anyways he was not a great T20 player even in his peak record (his international T20 record is underwhelming). I think he can hang up boots in one extra format.

P.s: Of course he should continue playing the IPL where his CSK return is hugely expected this upcoming year.

I vehemently disagree. The thing is, people like MS are bound to have weird records. His ODI record is freakish. The reason is the number of not outs. His T20 record isn't because there are not so many. But, pre 2015 I don't remember MSD unable to finish a game in either format. People like him have only cared about INDIA. The rest is just a passing.

Look at someone like AB de Villiers. His international T20 record is horrible. But that's because he's been a finisher, middle order bat and an opener. He's never had a settled spot. Yet, I distinctly remember him winning two games for SA in the world T20's and contributing in a couple of QF.

People like Dhoni, de Villiers etc. always put country before stats. But, come the big game they rise.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Whats the point of 8 overs match. Might as well not play. I am against a T20 shortened any further as that is no more International Cricket, its gully cricket.

New Zealand in deep trouble chasing 65 which is mediocre to be honest. 28/4

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
11 of 3 , I would think NZ have it them to win it. 2 big blows needed.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Chahal's over won this match. I would say this was a good team selection and India should be playing with this team more and more.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Chahal's over won this match. I would say this was a good team selection and India should be playing with this team more and more.
I am not in favour of Iyer in the team at #4.

B

Bigby Wolf

It was great series overall (both Odis and T20s ) NZ did gave India a run for their money. Now off to the boring series for the next 2 months or so untill January where the litmus test of this team is actually going to be in all possible formats .

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Iyer can be replaced by Raina I feel. He has got fit and I think he has in him to play well.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
I wouldn't mind him batting at 4 in Odis, where he has scored many runs recently. But he would have to wait if Karthik continues to score runs.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I thought Pandey played a crucial knock yesterday. Also, it looks like Dhoni has the backing of the captain and management for T20's.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I thought Pandey played a crucial knock yesterday. Also, it looks like Dhoni has the backing of the captain and management for T20's.
Yeah, Pandey was good. He needs to be made a regular in LO formats. He should have already been a regular, but god knows why he has been chopped in ODI. He is a solid player.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, Pandey was good. He needs to be made a regular in LO formats. He should have already been a regular, but god knows why he has been chopped in ODI. He is a solid player.
Pander needs more chances. He is a very talented player and I believe he will be very good at #5. His talent is wasted with the likes of Jadhav claiming his place there.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Iyer can be replaced by Raina I feel. He has got fit and I think he has in him to play well.

I too wish Raina comes back in the side for the T20 and ODI's. It was so funny when it was said that Raina failed the Yo-Yo test but Nehra passed it. Obviously that Yo-Yo test is a farce. Raina is useful, especially in an era where lack of technique can easily be compensated with attitude and determination. That's how a technically short 'Saurav Ganguly', 'Virender Sehwag', etc. were able to have a very successful test career. And Raina is not even competing for a test spot. He just needs to come back in ODI and T20. I am sure his fielding is as athletic as it ever was and could possibly have improved with his increased fitness levels.

Users who are viewing this thread