Ashes Cricket General Discussion

rkishore1986

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Guys pls help with the get best option in PS4. I couldnt find it in the academy anywhere. Do we have download each team individually

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Commentary is still bad. :noway[DOUBLEPOST=1512636370][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't mind commentary being repetitive. But at least, it should be accurate.
I agree on wanting the commentary being accurate when on some occasions when you “played and missed” but commentary not saying “left the ball alone”. For every situation to be accurately described is not possible

eaglesrjh

School Cricketer
Commentary is still bad. :noway[DOUBLEPOST=1512636370][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't mind commentary being repetitive. But at least, it should be accurate.

Think thats my biggest issue, I understand it will be repetitive but it needs to be repetitive in the right places.

Really spoils the experience for me to be told that the score hasn't changed when it has, or been told a player is on debut when their not etc.

Just needs to fit the situation.

azkhan

Club Captain
Guys pls help with the get best option in PS4. I couldnt find it in the academy anywhere. Do we have download each team individually

I believe it's in the team option on the academy section. The bit where you can view and delete teams.

eaglesrjh

School Cricketer
given that the poor timing of commentary was never fixed in DBC 17 what do we think the likely hood of a patch solving any of the commentary issues with Ashes?

Is the gameplay vastly superior to DBC 17?, I've never really been someone who chases the latest version of a game especially with the yearly iterations and I would want the game to be quite a lot better than DBC17 to shell out another £40 so soon after DBC17, but if the game is vastly better i might trade in DBC against Ashes.

So to those who have it, how good is it?

thanks

D

Deleted member 185125

given that the poor timing of commentary was never fixed in DBC 17 what do we think the likely hood of a patch solving any of the commentary issues with Ashes?

Is the gameplay vastly superior to DBC 17?, I've never really been someone who chases the latest version of a game especially with the yearly iterations and I would want the game to be quite a lot better than DBC17 to shell out another £40 so soon after DBC17, but if the game is vastly better i might trade in DBC against Ashes.

So to those who have it, how good is it?

thanks
IMO Definitely better than Dbc17 in all aspects. You might probably want to wait for the next patch if you are in two minds. Things are only going to get better.

eaglesrjh

School Cricketer
Are some of captaincy issues sorted? For example in dbc17 I was playing a county game and the captain declared 2 runs short of another batting point with plenty time left. No need.

It was like there was a preset amount of runs ahead and it was declaring regardless.

Also when being captain can you prevent the game declaring when your simulating some overs for example.

Also is it possible as captain to set a bowler to bowl a set number of overs whilst simulating rather than find a different bowler is bowling than the one you wanted.

Sorry for all questions but I'll have time to play soon if I choose to get it so trying to make my decision.

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Can anyone verify whether they have seen reverse swing? I did a test shining the ball every over but didn't see any impact other than the amount of swing seemed to decrease as the ball got older. Perhaps you need the right conditions ....

kulch

Club Captain
Think thats my biggest issue, I understand it will be repetitive but it needs to be repetitive in the right places.

Really spoils the experience for me to be told that the score hasn't changed when it has, or been told a player is on debut when their not etc.

Just needs to fit the situation.
Agreed. There is one where a change in commentators is introduced and the lady comes on and says "good morning to you all" and I had to pause and check if a day had rolled over but it was 3:30pm.

pinku

Club Captain
Just wanted to say thanks to @BigAntStudios for this wonderful game.
I would also like to mention i am loving the fixed batting near camera. I know there was alot of drama about wether it should be added or not but i can say for sure that it is the only camera angle i use and it is truly amazing.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Can anyone verify whether they have seen reverse swing? I did a test shining the ball every over but didn't see any impact other than the amount of swing seemed to decrease as the ball got older. Perhaps you need the right conditions ....
I have seen swing with older ball, presume it is reverse swing, but haven’t tried shining the ball (dint know this feature existed in the game)

The_Pharoah

International Coach
I agree on wanting the commentary being accurate when on some occasions when you “played and missed” but commentary not saying “left the ball alone”. For every situation to be accurately described is not possible

Let me tell you a secret to really enjoying DB17 (and I'm assuming Ashes Cricket 2017)....turn off commentary. When you're batting out on the cricket pitch, can you actually hear what the channel 9 (or whoever) commentators are saying? No. All you can hear is everything else (PA, players, crowd...or in the case of club cricket....nothing!!) that is currently in the game. You would need probably 50 gigs of commentary to make anything meaningful. That way you won't be disappointed.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Let me tell you a secret to really enjoying DB17 (and I'm assuming Ashes Cricket 2017)....turn off commentary. When you're batting out on the cricket pitch, can you actually hear what the channel 9 (or whoever) commentators are saying? No. All you can hear is everything else (PA, players, crowd...or in the case of club cricket....nothing!!) that is currently in the game. You would need probably 50 gigs of commentary to make anything meaningful. That way you won't be disappointed.
I do completely agree. It always seems bizarre when people use the 'realism' argument for having commentary.

I played DBC17 almost all of the time without it. I've not turned it off yet on Ashes but I expect I will when I can play on PC and have Spotify going at the same time.

I'd be more than happy to only have the commentary at the start of the match, at the close of the innings or end of session and perhaps for replays.

s0074845

Club Captain
I love doing my own commentary whilst playing. It helps in improving my English and I enjoy doing it anyway.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
my favourite part of playing in DB17 (say) is playing on the oval just like grade cricket is...quiet...birds, trees, a handful of supporters, etc...and the players.

Users who are viewing this thread