cd779 Creations - 1993 Ashes

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If it helps us get to a position where as many in-game players as possible have their correct names, I may be able to get that initial stage done - especially for Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka where there aren't as many teams
If you can that'd be great. I'll share what I've done with Zimbabwe later, you can finish them off if you like. Neither they or the Sri Lanka teams have complex kits (I don't think the Sri Lanka teams are still relevant) so I can upload logos for you just finish them off. I'll DM you and let you know when I've shared them.

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Under which username did you find these?
I just searched the county team name as couldn’t find a user name that was for all kits , if you do that you’ll see that there are proper kits for all counties , you have to link some via custom teams

pinku

Club Captain
@wasteyouryouth do you think it would be worth making a new thread with pictures of player faces as and when they are done? I know you guys are working on some faces and it would be awesome to see what is being done.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
@wasteyouryouth do you think it would be worth making a new thread with pictures of player faces as and when they are done? I know you guys are working on some faces and it would be awesome to see what is being done.
Personally, it's a bit of a pain for me getting them from PS4 to sharing on here.

I'm happy if someone wants to start a thread though and post up anything I do.

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Well I said I wouldn't be working on this anymore, but I fell into the trap again ...

Thanks to the brilliant work of @GorgeousGeorge59 and AdamJH1977 I've added main ground and at least one outground to every county team. One exception - Headingley hasn't been created yet (as far as I'm aware) so I haven't added grounds to Yorkshire. Can download the teams from The SFC Chris.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Well I said I wouldn't be working on this anymore, but I fell into the trap again ...

Thanks to the brilliant work of @GorgeousGeorge59 and AdamJH1977 I've added main ground and at least one outground to every county team. One exception - Headingley hasn't been created yet (as far as I'm aware) so I haven't added grounds to Yorkshire. Can download the teams from The SFC Chris.
I've shared a Headingley.

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I've just uploaded something I've been working on for a while now to the Academy. Thanks go to all those who had already done some hard work that I've 'borrowed' in this - stadium creators and those who've done ATB teams likenesses (maybe kieranmrhunt/villafan92?).

Under 'The SFC Chris' you can now find both the Australia 1993 Ashes squad and the England 1993 Ashes squad. Here's what's included:
  • All players from both squads. That means 24 England players (yes, they really did use that many) and the 17-strong Australia squad, which includes a few players who didn't play a Test. All players who are in any of the Historical on-disc teams have been linked correctly.
  • Accurate roles and mentalities for all players
  • All ratings have been based off ICC rankings all-time high rating, divided by 10. That means some (like Hayden) will be over-rated for the 1993 squad, but may be useful at other times. Only issue with this is that those who never became established Test players are often left with hideously low ratings. I've stuck with them (some are in the 10s, 20s and 30s for overall rating) and haven't found any issues with too many wides etc in the basic testing I've done, but may change after using these teams proper. I've used other sources to try and make these as lifelike as possible - for example, Devon Malcolm has great pace but poor accuracy
  • Basic likenesses for every player
  • Test statistics have been added for everyone who has them, FC for those who don't
  • Team uniforms. These aren't perfect (lack of logos) but they do the job I think. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a way to get some England players in white helmets, and some in navy blue.
  • Line-ups for each test.
  • Classic stadiums - I've made some adjustments to stadiums where I know there's been developments since 1993. It's difficult to find good reference pictures from the time but I've done my best. All adboards don't change (no electronic adboards then ...)

Now to give them a Test ...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I've just uploaded something I've been working on for a while now to the Academy. Thanks go to all those who had already done some hard work that I've 'borrowed' in this - stadium creators and those who've done ATB teams likenesses (maybe kieranmrhunt/villafan92?).

Under 'The SFC Chris' you can now find both the Australia 1993 Ashes squad and the England 1993 Ashes squad. Here's what's included:
  • All players from both squads. That means 24 England players (yes, they really did use that many) and the 17-strong Australia squad, which includes a few players who didn't play a Test. All players who are in any of the Historical on-disc teams have been linked correctly.
  • All ratings have been based off ICC rankings all-time high rating, divided by 10. That means some (like Hayden) will be over-rated for the 1993 squad, but may be useful at other times. Only issue with this is that those who never became established Test players are often left with hideously low ratings. I've stuck with them (some are in the 10s, 20s and 30s for overall rating) and haven't found any issues with too many wides etc in the basic testing I've done, but may change after using these teams proper. I've used other sources to try and make these as lifelike as possible - for example, Devon Malcolm has great pace but poor accuracy
  • Test statistics have been added for everyone who has them, FC for those who don't
  • Team uniforms. These aren't perfect (lack of logos) but they do the job I think. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a way to get some England players in white helmets, and some in navy blue.
  • Classic stadiums - I've made some adjustments to stadiums where I know there's been developments since 1993. It's difficult to find good reference pictures from the time but I've done my best. All adboards don't change (no electronic adboards then ...)

You could try creating a blank white logo for the helmets and putting that on the ones in white.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Wonderful!!

Gammergq

School Cricketer

Personal thanks this was the series that got me into cricket ☺

asheswonder

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No access to play at moment anyone do some screenshots please thanks

Users who are viewing this thread