ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Very good comeback by New Zealand at lunch now. That couple of wickets brought NZ back into the game. Wagner isn't talked much about but is dangerous as ever with the short ball. Teams plan against Boult and Southee but Wagner is the one who can seriously damage any top order and begin a collapse.
Yeah, Wagner is usually underrated. He is too good on bouncy pitches, but If the pitch is flat or one with low bounce, he is ineffective as hell.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The problem is, that Holder is the only person (maybe) who agrees with whatever the board says, hence the captaincy.

Shai Hope is an interesting prospect, and can be chosen for vice captain. I know he is inexperienced but can be nurtured into one of the great wicketkeeper batsmen. His innings against England was a true gem and he has the capability to produce much more like them.
It doesn't matter whether or not he agrees with the board or not. What both Sri Lanka and West Indies are missing is motivation. Players need to be motivated and being able to push themselves to do the best they can.
For WI, Darren Sammy was an ideal leader. He motivated the WI team, and they were relaxed and enjoyed their game. Sammy made the massive mistake of talking crap about the board and his career is over. To me, the mood in SL is quite dull and there's nothing that is inspiring them to be able to show fight. WI on the other hand, they were inspired by that win over England at Headingley, and they are gradually getting better. A strong leader is essential in any team's chemistry. Holder himself cannot lead form the front and isn't able to inspire and motivate his troops. The board is a problem with selections but they have massive faith in Holder whereas he should rather be focused on his bowling than being captain. The board made a massive mistake on giving Holder the captaincy in the first place, and obviously that's immensely affected his bowling.
Shai Hope is a very talented batsman but he needs to make more runs instead of being judged on one Test. He is assertive, which is what you need one leader and aggessive. Holder is too defensive. Shai Hope could become the next Windies captain, but he needs to establish himself in the batting order and become a more reliable player.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Lol that drama with Blundell getting his hundred and Boult's batting was HILARIOUS. :lol

But really good knock by him on debut, congrats to him. :yes :clap :cheers :D

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Shai Hope is a very talented batsman but he needs to make more runs instead of being judged on one Test.
One test? He has 698 runs this year at an average of 49. And has been the highest scorer for Windies this year.

It doesn't matter whether or not he agrees with the board or not. What both Sri Lanka and West Indies are missing is motivation. Players need to be motivated and being able to push themselves to do the best they can.
For WI, Darren Sammy was an ideal leader. He motivated the WI team, and they were relaxed and enjoyed their game. Sammy made the massive mistake of talking crap about the board and his career is over. To me, the mood in SL is quite dull and there's nothing that is inspiring them to be able to show fight. WI on the other hand, they were inspired by that win over England at Headingley, and they are gradually getting better. A strong leader is essential in any team's chemistry. Holder himself cannot lead form the front and isn't able to inspire and motivate his troops. The board is a problem with selections but they have massive faith in Holder whereas he should rather be focused on his bowling than being captain. The board made a massive mistake on giving Holder the captaincy in the first place, and obviously that's immensely affected his bowling.

I disagree. Yeah, Holder is not the ideal captain you want. The only problem with him is that he is just too silent or defensive. Otherwise, he has cherished his captaincy, especially in Tests. Yeah his bowling has dwindled a bit, but his batting has excelled. He has become a good all rounder.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
One test? He has 698 runs this year at an average of 49. And has been the highest scorer for Windies this year.

I disagree. Yeah, Holder is not the ideal captain you want. The only problem with him is that he is just too silent or defensive. Otherwise, he has cherished his captaincy, especially in Tests. Yeah his bowling has dwindled a bit, but his batting has excelled. He has become a good all rounder.
I literally said the same thing about Holder and you say you disagree...:facepalm. Shai Hope will definitely get a look in for captaincy in the future, he has a bright future for sure.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I literally said the same thing about Holder and you say you disagree
I disagree with your point that he cant inspire and lead from the front. TBH, he has been one of their better batsmen in difficult pitches.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
I disagree with your point that he cant inspire and lead from the front. TBH, he has been one of their better batsmen in difficult pitches.
If he is too silent then, how can he be inspiring? Tell me when he has ever tried to spur up the Windies and motivated them to deliver results? He is not a mug with the bat, but you are conveniently missing my point. I will say at his young age he isn't too bad, but he as captain is not the right direction for West Indies cricket.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
LMAO that man Ambris hit wicket again! He is getting WAY too back in his crease to short balls, let me tell you that.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
West Indies struggling here at 180/7 but they bowled quite well but Southee and Boult added a valuable 60 runs to the board which only extends their lead. Their middle order has been quite poor and let them down so far in the tour.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Superb bowling form Boult! 7 for 34 in 10 overs is just mind-blowing. Can't wait to see the highlights of his bowling.

On another note, this series is very one sided for the most part while we all thought WI could compete. They have just been a mess throughout this tour. Expected a lot more fight after what they did in England. They couldn't even get to 250 today at least which would show some fight in them.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Watched a bit of today's T20 and the turnout is positively surprising. Seems like a very good crowd especially when you consider it's New Zealand vs West Indies. West Indies can really do with another all-rounder.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Any idea why Pollard is not in the playing XI ?

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Watched a bit of today's T20 and the turnout is positively surprising. Seems like a very good crowd especially when you consider it's New Zealand vs West Indies. West Indies can really do with another all-rounder.
Andre Russell will be a massive boost for them when he comes back to play after Jan 31. He is a quality allrounder who can replace Rovman Powell.

TCGaming16

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
As a Kiwi it was a good series for me to watch because the Blackcaps played so well. Gotta feel a bit sorry for the Windies though if they had all of there players available to play I think they would of put up a much greater fight.

Users who are viewing this thread