Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Cricketfan90

School Cricketer
Currently playing Ashes mode on veteran difficulty with medium bowling. Find I'm getting aussi out for 200 and below no big scores. Would you guys recommend going to legend or making bowling to hard? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks :-)

N Jones

Club Captain
Can anyone verify whether they have seen reverse swing? I did a test shining the ball every over but didn't see any impact other than the amount of swing seemed to decrease as the ball got older. Perhaps you need the right conditions ....
Does shining the ball actually make a difference..?
I've checked the ball a few times but can't see much difference

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I'll have to tweak Surrey as the kits and player likenesses need doing
Yeah, player likenesses and kits haven't been done for any county teams. I know Llewelyn has working on some kits and with the PC version coming out soon others should be able to help too. See the Academy Creations sub-forum for more.

eaglesrjh

School Cricketer
Has the Bowler and Wicketkeeper confidence rating from DBC17 been taken out totally for reviews?

Thought this was a good addition in DBC17 as it mimicked being able to talk to other close fielders in real life.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Has the Bowler and Wicketkeeper confidence rating from DBC17 been taken out totally for reviews?

Thought this was a good addition in DBC17 as it mimicked being able to talk to other close fielders in real life.

They were always hopeless at getting it right though, at least in my games! :p

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
this sounds interesting! please elaborate...
So I was playing a match Australia 1993 v Australia 1993, caused I'd done the faces, a 55 over (reduced unfortunately). During my run chase batting Mark Waugh came on to bowl when I was batting with Mark Waugh.

Anyway, the view field buttons for batting appear to change at random so I just press both. Doing that with the Waughs when facing their own bowling causes what can only be described as a quantum event. Perhaps both versions are not able to occupy the same space at the same time without hilarious consequences, and one of them gaining Jedi like powers (see last replay of second video).

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
So I was playing a match Australia 1993 v Australia 1993, caused I'd done the faces, a 55 over (reduced unfortunately). During my run chase batting Mark Waugh came on to bowl when I was batting with Mark Waugh.

Anyway, the view field buttons for batting appear to change at random so I just press both. Doing that with the Waughs when facing their own bowling causes what can only be described as a quantum event. Perhaps both versions are not able to occupy the same space at the same time without hilarious consequences, and one of them gaining Jedi like powers (see last replay of second video).

This is brilliant! :lol

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Looks like the result of the check condition of the ball that was added. His hand seems to be doing the same thing.

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

the bowling Waugh seems to be an older version of himself coming back in time.. Because I'm fairly certain Mark Waugh bowled fairly sharp medium pacers in 1993 haha

Users who are viewing this thread