Custom players/team

Baz75

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hello folks been about 10 years since I posted on this site used to love posting up my story's and scores from ICC 07 , anyways thinking of buying ashes17 and my question is can I create a whole new team like my local village team in the academy editor , names,kit ect ?

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
hello folks been about 10 years since I posted on this site used to love posting up my story's and scores from ICC 07 , anyways thinking of buying ashes17 and my question is can I create a whole new team like my local village team in the academy editor , names,kit ect ?
Yes, in fact I've done exactly the same.

Sat down with a mate from my team to assign skill attributes to each of our players and that was couple of hours well spent. The only caveat was lack of commentary names which were in abundance in DBC franchise. Apart from that, I really enjoy the games with my custom team, adds a lot more context to games for me compared to playing two international teams.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yes, in fact I've done exactly the same.

Sat down with a mate from my team to assign skill attributes to each of our players and that was couple of hours well spent. The only caveat was lack of commentary names which were in abundance in DBC franchise. Apart from that, I really enjoy the games with my custom team, adds a lot more context to games for me compared to playing two international teams.
Did you try assigning your team to a career mode?
APart from career player did any other player also progressed to domestic level?

Baz75

School Cricketer
Thank you for the info lads , I do know it would take a lot of time to edit , so how does it work do I have to delete players in order to create new ones or can I just for example create 11 new characters , then do I assign them to my created team name ?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Thank you for the info lads , I do know it would take a lot of time to edit , so how does it work do I have to delete players in order to create new ones or can I just for example create 11 new characters , then do I assign them to my created team name ?
Yes I created 11 players, however i think 12 are required for a full squad.... then go to team management, select your created team, manage squad, add your players

if you use this team in career, you will replace one of the squad members in the team, I created too few players so I had one auto generated player join my team :)

I need to fiddle more with this, may have to actually make lines up as well, am going to add 15 players in my squad with proper format lineups and see what happens.

Last edited:

Baz75

School Cricketer
Yes I created 11 players, however i think 12 are required for a full squad.... then go to team management, select your created team, manage squad, add your players

if you use this team in career, you will replace one of the quad members in the team, I created too few players so I had one auto generated player join my team :)

I need to fiddle more with this, may have to actually make lines up as well, am going to add 15 players in my squad with proper format lineups and see what happens.
Thanks Jerm , sounds promising now , how much attributes do you have to give your created players is it out of 100 for fielding,batting and bowling ?

Pat

International Coach

if you use this team in career, you will replace one of the squad members in the team, I created too few players so I had one auto generated player join my team :)

Actually, even if you add 15-16 players to your squad, there would still be auto generated player(s) in the team. Don't know the logic behind it. I had a team with 15 or 16 of my friends in it. When I started career, I still see a random wicket-keeper and a bowler added to the squad and also in the playing XI.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Actually, even if you add 15-16 players to your squad, there would still be auto generated player(s) in the team. Don't know the logic behind it. I had a team with 15 or 16 of my friends in it. When I started career, I still see a random wicket-keeper and a bowler added to the squad and also in the playing XI.
I can only assume that it is filling a perceived gap, perhaps you only have 1 middle order batter and the game generates 1 or 2 more, or only 1 opener and the game generates one to fill the gap, can be the only explanation here ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1513243942][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks Jerm , sounds promising now , how much attributes do you have to give your created players is it out of 100 for fielding,batting and bowling ?
You can give any attributes you wish, but I am guessing at this point but I think the top order, opener, middle order, lower order etc has to be filled up or you get auto generated players

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Did you try assigning your team to a career mode?
APart from career player did any other player also progressed to domestic level?
Not yet, waiting for the amazing creators here to come up with the teams, kits, faces etc. Happy to play with my custom team against the licensed Eng/Aus teams until then.

Baz75

School Cricketer
That would be annoying having spent hours creating everyone , what I had in mind was just to create a team of my friends and give them a team name and play one off matches against international sides , that way I'd have control over the starting X1 , least I hope anyway

Pat

International Coach
I can only assume that it is filling a perceived gap, perhaps you only have 1 middle order batter and the game generates 1 or 2 more, or only 1 opener and the game generates one to fill the gap, can be the only explanation here ;)

Unlikely, I have modified the roles since then but the career mode still does not use the lineup I have selected for the playing XI. What is even more sad is one of my fast bowlers ends up opening the batting some times.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Unlikely, I have modified the roles since then but the career mode still does not use the lineup I have selected for the playing XI. What is even more sad is one of my fast bowlers ends up opening the batting some times.
As I understand, roles and skills can not be edited in the middle of a career. Only visuals can. Have you tried a new career?

Reactions: Pat

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
As I understand, roles and skills can not be edited in the middle of a career. Only visuals can. Have you tried a new career?
Im only into 2 games with this team so i will change roles etc and add players and start a new one to test, if and when it works, then i will delete all logo,'s teams , players (except my created team) and re-download everything ;)

Pat

International Coach

Nope. I will give that a shot. But as far as I remember, role changes did take effect in the current career. I made several all-rounders into special batsmen/bowlers and I can see the updated roles in my career matches. Still I will try to start a new career and see if it's any better.

Users who are viewing this thread