Latest Patch now available for PS4 (1.06) & Xbox One (1.0.0.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is there anything wrong with the stats, i.e. are they being recorded or calculated incorrectly? I've yet to start the career mode but need to have stats working correctly for me to invest in that mode. So would really appreciate some feedback.
stats seemed good in career mode for me apart from one half century wasn't recorded as it was not out... That was in a previous patch though, but my bowling stats, runs and averages were all good

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
stats seemed good in career mode for me apart from one half century wasn't recorded as it was not out... That was in a previous patch though, but my bowling stats, runs and averages were all good

Was it a one off or all unbeaten (not out) knocks not recorded?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
one off, and only in club cricket which I couldn't care less about

Good to know! And were other unbeaten milestones (50s, 100s) tracked and recorded properly?

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Continuing with my previous post regarding easy six hitting and batting in general and spinners using pace inner ring field, i am attaching a video of my 35 rated career player. Also note that in the video, after over 6.3, it says field changed, however there is no field change. This has happened a few times before as well.
Even if i am timing the ball well, a 35 rated player should not be able to clear the rope so easily.

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Continuing with my previous post regarding easy six hitting and batting in general and spinners using pace inner ring field, i am attaching a video of my 35 rated career player. Also note that in the video, after over 6.3, it says field changed, however there is no field change.

What Batting difficulty level are you playing on? And yeah that "ring field" with no outfielders does suck. Normally you expect at least a couple of outfielders (3rd man, Fine leg, Sweeper cover, Long On/Off) to take a catch against the release shot/slog.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
What Batting difficulty level are you playing on? And yeah that "ring field" with no outfielders does suck. Normally you expect at least a couple of outfielders (3rd man, Fine leg, Sweeper cover, Long On/Off) to take a catch against the release shot/slog.
I am playing at hard legend. I am unable to increase it to hardest due to limited ball marker time and the broken gameplay batting modifiers.

The spinners tend to only select the ring field in powerplay overs (only 1 time i have seen them change to some other field in powerplay). If you see in the field editor, in odi under spin there are no 2 fielder outside the circle fields. plus i have said this before, but saying it again. The ring field is wrongly labelled as Prevent Boundaries field type.

graham

Club Captain
I've bowled for 50 overs in a test match, Afghanistan v West Indies, bowling as Afghanistan.

West Indies 180/3- Veteran, Hardest bowling, dusty, wearing pitch

One stupid back foot drive lob in the air caught off the first ten overs.

Now Kyle Hope is on 95*.

There was a beautiful slip catch off the spinner, a real punch the air moment after it looked like I couldn't get a wicket. Then a bat pad catch trying to work the pace bowler to leg.

I've turned the shot power up to 70 as was recommended in a thread earlier.

Apart from the one stupid spooned shot, and a bat pad dismissal which only hit the guy's leg, it's been great. AI running greatly improved. It feels like a hard slog with an average attack on a good batting pitch. Plenty more plays and misses than there were. I think the stupid spoon shot in the air is correct for limited overs games, but in a test it would only happen say once a game.
Langeveldt i have no problems with slips catching when bowling i find it very hard to even give slip a catch when i am batting , i will play your settings and power up to 70 and report back...
this is still the best cricket
game ever made .

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I am playing at hard legend. I am unable to increase it to hardest due to limited ball marker time and the broken gameplay batting modifiers.

The spinners tend to only select the ring field in powerplay overs (only 1 time i have seen them change to some other field in powerplay). If you see in the field editor, in odi under spin there are no 2 fielder outside the circle fields. plus i have said this before, but saying it again. The ring field is wrongly labelled as Prevent Boundaries field type.

Try this and see if it works for you...

1. Enable Batting Modifier for 'Hard' in Settings->Gameplay Modifiers
2. Keep the 'Shot Timing' modifier to say 60 or 65 but increase the other 3 batting modifiers (Footwork etc.) to say 70

Give it a go and adjust the other 3 modifiers. The higher the 'Shot Timing' modifier the less time you have to react and that's why you end up with "Timing Late" feedback. But if you keep that modifier to say 60, 65, or whatever you are comfortable with and play around with other 3 batting modifiers, you will have a much better batting gameplay experience.

Give it a shot and see how things go.

villafan001

Club Captain
Hi members,

I downloaded the patch last night on my PS4, How do I confirm if the patch is successfully updated on my game? Should the game version get updated under credits screen ?

When I look under Credits - The version on bottom right side reads v0.1.0.1.0407
That’s the version number. 0407 is the latest for PS4 as far as I am aware.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Try this and see if it works for you...

1. Enable Batting Modifier for 'Hard' in Settings->Gameplay Modifiers
2. Keep the 'Shot Timing' modifier to say 60 or 65 but increase the other 3 batting modifiers (Footwork etc.) to say 70

Give it a go and adjust the other 3 modifiers. The higher the 'Shot Timing' modifier the less time you have to react and that's why you end up with "Timing Late" feedback. But if you keep that modifier to say 60, 65, or whatever you are comfortable with and play around with other 3 batting modifiers, you will have a much better batting gameplay experience.

Give it a shot and see how things go.
Will surely try

eaglesrjh

School Cricketer
anyone else finding it very easy to score a lot of runs leg side? maybe my settings are a bit easy but in career mode at club level i've just scored back to back hundreds with maybe 90% runs leg side. field always seems to be just 1 or 2 leg side fielders and its easy just to wait for a straight or leg side ball and clip it away, often for a boundary sometimes for 1 or 2. it's become so often that i dont need to play dangerous drives into a packed offside as i know a scoring opportunity will come off the legs will come a few balls later.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
anyone else finding it very easy to score a lot of runs leg side? maybe my settings are a bit easy but in career mode at club level i've just scored back to back hundreds with maybe 90% runs leg side. field always seems to be just 1 or 2 leg side fielders and its easy just to wait for a straight or leg side ball and clip it away, often for a boundary sometimes for 1 or 2. it's become so often that i dont need to play dangerous drives into a packed offside as i know a scoring opportunity will come off the legs will come a few balls later.

Yup there doesn't seem to be much of a penalty in playing across the line, i.e. risk of leading edges when trying to flick a delivery on/outside off and missing a straight one to be LBW. But it's a complex balancing act as going the other extreme, i.e. too many dismissals while playing on leg will impact the gameplay experience adversely and I would rather have the current scenario than too many dismissals. Hopefully this will get looked into later on or in the next iteration once default AI fields are enhanced.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I've played a couple of days of a test match with latest patch. Bowled two innings and batted about 40 overs. Bowling is just so much better than batting and I'm saying that as someone who hated bowling on all cricket games until the first Bradman. I've been honing my ability to ignore the timing meters so I can play as close to possible based on the run ups and arm actions. Overall the experience is very good.

There were still some cheap dismissals (I'd shared videos in the match experience thread if anyone wants a look). There still seems to be a fair few lofted shots and some really painful to look at guided shots to slips. The guided shots feels like the result of effective short bowling but that maybe the isn't really an animation to match up to show the batsman getting rattled and deflecting it away to slips. It's a shame there was no mocap suit on Steve Smith when he got that one on the chin today. Of course I could be wrong and it might just be something that needs further looking at as to why the AI is choosing it as a legitimate shot to play into a slip cordon.

Even though I've lost wickets batting still feels too easy, particularly manoeuvring the ball in the area of backward point to third man. For someone who makes fewer silly mistakes or doesn't take on stupid runs I could easily see them scoring centuries without very little difficulty or threat from the AI bowling.

This is on Legend and Hard batting and Hardest bowling.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As promised, here is the video of the best moments and all dismissals in the ODI I played yesterday (Patch 1.06 applied)...First Slip Catches galore! Also I would say, the only big complain, if I even had any is that there must be atleast one or two batsman who doesn't play lofted shots and tries to dig in if there are wickets falling too quickly. In this game, the opening partnership was great but once that was broken, they started to fall apart. If that just due to my bowling quality then I would be feel great, but if it's them lofting the ball then it would lessen the impact. Otherwise, just a great improvement!

AND as a bonus, I have compiled the whole Dhoni Innings which saved the game for India, also the Man of the Match Performance, under 2 mins. Batting was easy only for Dhoni, when I was playing sensibly and after getting his confidence to skyrocket and that was on Medium Batting Difficulty and Legend AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread