MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
If you experience an issue with Ashes Cricket, please use the following format to report it:

Platform: PS4/Xbox One
Game Version: Go to Settings > Credits in game and note the version number string in the bottom right. Please check this on your own copy, don't simply copy from others.
Game Mode: Casual/Training/Online/Career/Tour/Competition/Academy etc.
Match Type: if applicable - Five5/T20/ODI - etc..
Teams used: (if applicable - please note which teams were in the game you were playing, and whether they were downloaded)
Ground: (if applicable - please mention the stadium the match was in)
Over Count: (if applicable - the point in the match where the error occurred)
Issue (one line description): ....
Bug description (detail): .....

----

The more detail you provide the better - the more detail the easier it is to try and reproduce in order to fix.

Please only post bugs if you have personally experienced them, do not post things you have seen in videos from other users.

Only bug reports may be posted in this thread - if you wish to comment on a bug or a bug report, post in the bug report discussion thread. Other posts will be deleted.

For online bugs, if known please additionally mention which location you and your opponent are in, and the type of internet connection you are using.

On PS4 if you experience a crash, please ensure you select the option to send error report. These are very helpful.

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Platform: Xbox One
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0406 (updated today)
Game Mode: Career
Match Type: T20
Teams used: multiple
Ground: multiple
Over Count: no specific point.
Issue (one line description):
simulation info message can't be removed.
Bug description (detail): Since today's update, whenever I simulate to career player for the first time each match I get a new message about certain achievements not being available if I simulate. I click A to acknowledge the message but it doesn't disappear. The game continues behind it and I still have control of my player, but the message blocks the middle of the screen.
I can get round it by pausing the game, the pause menu comes up behind the message, then when I click A the message goes and I'm able to continue my game.

Edit: Video link https://1drv.ms/v/s!Av33rOqVRZex0iawJDNInpZ5G5Jj

Last edited:

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Platform: PS 4
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0407 (updated today)
Game Mode: Academy
Match Type: N/A
Teams used: N/A
Ground: N/A
Over Count: N/A
Issue (one line description):academy still not working properly

Bug description (detail): when trying to access teams I just get the spinning wheel same with players. I seem to be able to view all the logos but when I go to view stadiums it will let me view 50 but trying to download more again just get spinning wheel. I have to exit game and restart it will work but when I get to about 200 teams downloaded to view it just sits there saying downloading teams with spinning wheel when trying with bats I can download 50 to view when try to download more it goes back to the search screen. It was like this before the latest patch. I have had the game since release and have not been able to play with any teams and players of my choice the game is basically useless and it is not my internet connection as I can access DBC 17 academy with no issues please can this issue be fixed so I can actually play a game of cricket.

IsaacCricketer

Club Captain
Match Type: Any
Teams used: Any
Ground: Any
simulation info message can't be removed.
Bug description (detail): See warpfactor's post, I am having the exact same issue.

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Game Mode: Any
Issue (one line description): Unlicensed player faces are still not fixed

Bug description (detail): The unlicensed player faces are still not fixed. There’s like multi layers on their faces (chunks of black and white). That issue has been going on from long time. Please have this fixed. Thanks

sajeednp

Club Captain
Game Mode: All
Match Type: All
Teams used: All
Ground: All
Issue (one line description): Invert Batting not working for co op match

Bug description (detail):
Even after the new patch released.. i am unable to play with my friend as a team.
Problem happens when 2 players play as a team on broadcast cam view (invert batting is not working).. if both are batting, when we move towards right the batsman play towards left not at the correct direction..

Last edited:

timma

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Platform: PS4
Issue: Game crashing during initial career mode setup (Error CE-34878-0)
Bug description: The game crashes after selecting my custom team when I want to add it to the list of club teams in the initial setup of career mode. As this crash has been happening ever since I first got the game (2 weeks ago), I decided after installing the new 1.06 patch released today to delete EVERYTHING. I deleted the game from my PS4 and re-installed it to see if the problem still occurs - and YES it does. I have not downloaded any logos, teams or players from the academy. It is a fresh reset of everything and still it crashes. I am really unsure what is going on and would love a bit of help. I want the option of creating my hometown team and playing for this club in career mode! This is a game breaker for me, as I was able to do this on DBC 17 without problems. Am I the only one that is having this problem?!

Please see the video I have uploaded on how I go about getting this crashing issue.

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Game Mode: ODI Tournament - Cricket world championship
Match Type: ODI
Teams used: West Indies and Zimbabwe from Friedlele
Ground: Durban Fields
Over Count: 34.3
Slip catch not given out and couldn't appeal
Bug description (detail): Pace bowler got the batsman to edge one clearly to the first slip, but immediately the commentator Slater says "no one appealing for that, the batsman gets away with that". Infact I pressed the appeal button, but to no effect.The ball was bowled with extra pace. Someone reported this bug before the latest patch too. Will add link to video.

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Match Type: FC and OD
Teams used: Queensland Bulls
Issue: Play random defensive shot outside the off-stump result in getting bowled behind the legs.
Bug description: It is very random I tested a lot in the game and (also in nets now) at random even with perfect timing batsman play the defensive shot with feet outside the off stump results in getting bowled behind the legs.

Also, the direction of stick got no effect on it 9 out of 10 times it plays forward block straight on the line of middle stump just at random decides to play outside off-stump-

P.S. Happened again was all good played 3 matches and suddenly was batting on 44 everything perfect and batsman end up playing straight defensive like the attached image.

Attachments

• IMG_8223.JPG
    IMG_8223.JPG
    600.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Mayhem Fiasco

School Cricketer
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0406
Game Mode: Casual
Match Type: Test, T10, T5
Teams used: Australia V England, Aus v WI, Aus v NZ
Ground: random
Issue (one line description): Batting inversion backwards in local co-op
Bug description (detail): Works correctly in single player, but in local co-op with both players on the same team, the batting inversion is backwards for both players. Definitely left v Right and I think also forward and backwards. Turning inversion off (incorrect for broadcast camera view?) seems to correct left and right (but not front and back I think?) but then batting cone on fielding radar is backwards instead.
There is no batting camera option in settings to try a different view.
Replays also show the ball travelling in the inverse direction to live play.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0408 (North America version)
Match Type: Odi
Teams used: OOB India vs England (AI)
Ground: OOB
Issue: Ball passing through the bat for edges behind the wkt
Bug description: I had 3 edges to slips and in case of 2 of them the ball passed right through the middle of the bat. I captured the second time it happened and you can see the same in the youtube link below. Along with these instances there were a few cases in which the ball passed through the bat and changed direction in a weird manner towards fine/long leg for an inside edge. The feedback in most cases was Footwork 'Ok', Timing 'Good' and Shot Choice 'Good' and still the ball ended up passing right through the middle of the bat. Also noticed these "ball passing through the bat edges" occured when length indicator was green and the ball was mostly outside off.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0408 (North America version)
Match Type: Odi
Teams used: OOB (Aus, Eng, India, SA)
Ground: OOB (WACA, MCG, SCG, Sussex Oval)
Issue: Some batting shots (e.g., lofted cut shot) not playing as per the input provided
Bug description: Overall the latest patch has improved gameplay, especially batting, quite a lot but in some cases the shots are not going in the intended direction. E.g., I tried playing a lofted/aggressive cut shot (with L2 pressed) expecting the ball to go towards Deep Point or Deep Backward Point direction but the ball actually went towards Wide Off/Deep Extra Cover position. Initially I thought I provided wrong input but when I play the shot without pressing L2, i.e. a normal ground shot, the ball goes in the correct direction towards Point/Backward Point region. Looks like lofted cut shot may need a tweak to go in the right direction.

Edit: Another example is defensive shots. Even if I provide the input for a backfoot defensive shot, the game choose a default defending animation and majority of the time it's the front foot defensive shot which puts you in a pretty poor position while facing short pitched bowling.

Last edited:

eaglesrjh

School Cricketer
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0407
Match Type: if applicable - Club
Teams used: Playing as Leeds, no downloads
Issue (one line description): .... Player career statistics, bowling innings wrong
Bug description (detail): .....In career, going to "my player" , "career statistics" the number of bowling Innings is wrong, Played 5 matches, number of batting innings is correct, however as we have won twice by an innings i have bowled in 2 more innings than i've batted. currently shows innings in batting as 8 (which is correct) however also shows bowling innings as 8 (which is wrong as should be 10) other stats track correctly.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Match Type: ODI
Teams used: CustomTeams
Ground: west oval
Issue (one line description): In Powerplay2 which starts from 40 overs, AI is not placing 5 fielders outside the ring.
Bug description (detail): I played a odi match and AI never placed 5 fielders outside the ring for the entire 10 overs of power play2. Its making batting very easy in the final overs.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Match Type: list A or T20
Teams used: Playing as kerala, downloaded
Issue (one line description): .... Free hits carried over to career player
Bug description (detail): .....In career when a bowler bowls no ball and my career player take a single, the free hit is carry forwarded to the next ball I would face.

Users who are viewing this thread