All teams - progress thread

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Lately I've found it hard to keep track of all the great work everyone's been putting in to creating new teams, so I've created this spreadsheet (yes, I know, I'm very sad) and have been updating it as and when creators post on here with new/updated uploads. I thought it could benefit everyone if I posted it and kept it updated to show where all the teams are at.

I've uploaded classic West Indies 70s,

This is initially without Greenidge, Haynes, Richards, Holding and Garner all of whom played in the 70s and 80s. They will be in the 80s team. I will add them or you can as reserves. The team does have however;

Roy Fredricks, Shotgun Williams, Alvin Kallicharran, Lawrence Rowe, Clive Lloyd (you should see him in glasses), Andy Roberts, Deryck Murray, Colin Croft, David Halford, Derick Parry, Keith Boyce, Bernard Julien to name but a few.

Some of these can be added to the 60s as well like Lloyd, Holford and Murray. I shall keep adding as I go along as I do for all teams. All players are my creations.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain

I've updated this team with Wayne Daniel and Vanburn Holder, will add more players who got into the side as the stars went onto play for Packer.

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
I've started work on the New Zealand Domestic teams, which have had a great start and lots of work from LlewelynF7 and The SFC Chris. Seems to be only a small handful of players missing, a few roles needing tweaked here and there, skills being edited and line-ups being organized.

With regard to skills, I have a fairly flexible way that I grade players (for overall stat).

All Time Players - 90-98 (mostly around 90-95)
World XI Players - 85-95 (mostly around 90)
International Players Test Nations - 80-90 (mostly around 80-82)
International Players Associate-Lower ODI Nations - 65-75 (mostly around 70ish)
Top Domestic Players (Aus-Eng-SAF-NZL-IND-PAK-WND) - 70-80 (varies wildly)
Regular Domestic Players - 60-70 (varies wildly)

It's not an exact system as there can be a big variation in talent in local domestic competitions that's knocking on the door of the International, BBL, IPL and other major comps. Though I do think it probably helps to have a scale to work from so teams end up competing correctly in the game.

Things I'm not good at that might need help with for NZ Domestic will be a few Stadia (surrogates seem to have been chosen by Llewelyn/SFC Chris? already, which is a good stop-gap measure) and some likenesses need some work, but a great many have been already done.

Redfive

School Cricketer
Quick Question:

Is there any way to download just part of a user's creation (e.g. uniforms, faces)? So if I've made some changes to squad rosters and lineups but want to overlay visuals from another users team is that easy/possible to achieve?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i uploaded some retro logos last night -

firstly, i did a VERY POOR version of the retro ACB 2 batsman logo. it's not fit for purpose as a team logo, but it's passable as a shirt logo for retro australia, e.g. the 1993 Ashes squad. note, it's white background with green batsmen, not the green background with white and yellow batsmen as has been requested by @Sweppy12 and @Cloud Starkman - the green/yellow/white was the ACB logo, but the logo used on shirts was green batsmen.

additionally, i also uploaded MCC logos, a retro adidas logo, and a retro gunn & moore "GM", which can be used as a base for retro GM bats. these ones are all high quality.

all are uploaded under the academy username dcgate, which is my PC academy profile.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Quick Question:

Is there any way to download just part of a user's creation (e.g. uniforms, faces)? So if I've made some changes to squad rosters and lineups but want to overlay visuals from another users team is that easy/possible to achieve?
When downloading the team, when prompted to replace player, select only keep current ignore.
Lineups will be changed though. What you could do is unlink your team, download the new one, then link it only selecting roster and line ups.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i uploaded some retro logos last night -

firstly, i did a VERY POOR version of the retro ACB 2 batsman logo. it's not fit for purpose as a team logo, but it's passable as a shirt logo for retro australia, e.g. the 1993 Ashes squad. note, it's white background with green batsmen, not the green background with white and yellow batsmen as has been requested by @Sweppy12 and @Cloud Starkman - the green/yellow/white was the ACB logo, but the logo used on shirts was green batsmen.

additionally, i also uploaded MCC logos, a retro adidas logo, and a retro gunn & moore "GM", which can be used as a base for retro GM bats. these ones are all high quality.

all are uploaded under the academy username dcgate, which is my PC academy profile.
I will get on logos tonight

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@cd779 i noticed an issue with the lineups in your england ashes 1993 squad. i don't know if it was a mess-up in my download or not. but basically if i recall correctly, Graham Hick was replaced by Phil Defraitas, and Hussain was replaced by Fraser I think.

Another point, while technically correct that Mark Waugh opened the bowling for the Aussies in the second test, this was only because of the injury to mcdermott.

None of this is to nitpick your teams - these are great and i'm looking forward to playing the series.

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
@blockerdave which line up are you referring to there? I'll have a look over them in a bit. Was referring to my old Wisden's when creating them but was also quite tired!

Thanks to the Wisden's, I was aware of the Waugh as an opening bowler issue but thought it best to stick with that in any case. Annoyingly I've found the AI never pick him, despite me classing him as a batting all-rounder, to bowl. Even after taking 1 wicket for 5 runs in his first four overs!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@blockerdave which line up are you referring to there? I'll have a look over them in a bit. Was referring to my old Wisden's when creating them but was also quite tired!

Thanks to the Wisden's, I was aware of the Waugh as an opening bowler issue but thought it best to stick with that in any case. Annoyingly I've found the AI never pick him, despite me classing him as a batting all-rounder, to bowl. Even after taking 1 wicket for 5 runs in his first four overs!

it was every test match line-up for england. it was a consistent thing, which makes me wonder if it was a bug in the download: the line-ups were correct, except wherever it should have been hick it was defraitas (except for the 1st test where both were in the team, here fraser replaced hick, but defraitas took hick's place in the batting line-up), and when hussain was there it had fraser.

now i com to think of it i think in a few places caddick was replaced too, but can't remember by whom

Users who are viewing this thread