Your Cricket Need Help Please on Cricket Career

Pradeephk123

School Cricketer
I am 29 years of age and I am more passionate about cricket.I want to join to academy and take it as profession.I need information will it be age constraint now to grow in cricket or can I go ahead with all my effort & dedication?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I am 29 years of age and I am more passionate about cricket.I want to join to academy and take it as profession.I need information will it be age constraint now to grow in cricket or can I go ahead with all my effort & dedication?
Have you ever played before?
Maybe @Aislabie can give you some tips

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Honestly mate, it's a long shot. It may be different where you are (I'm guessing India from your username), but when I got close to the pro setup in England there's no way they would have taken on a 29-year-old they hadn't ever heard of.

There are many important details you've not included in this post such as your level of cricketing experience today, and stats, and how any applications you have made have gone already, so I have very little to actually go on.

Regardless of that though, do not give up your day job. If there's one thing I do know, it's that cricket is a fragile living. I very quickly went from training with professionals and having realistic ambitions of taking a fair crack at breaking into the fringes of the county game and possibly the Irish national setup to having to give up bowling quick pretty much forever because of unpleasant knee complaints. Even when you make it, you'll only ever be one injury away from being jobless.

I'm going to assume that you're a proper adult with a job or vocation. Stick to that.

Pradeephk123

School Cricketer
@Aislabie : Thanks for the response Sir. I have not played any first class cricket,Just I had joined a club where I was practicing. Now based on my current job I am in USA,may be I will be going back to India in couple of months which is my native.So I am thinking to make cricket as career since I am passionate about it.Will it be good now ?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's something that's happened before (Ex: Mike Hussey) so I wouldn't rule out the possibility but I also gotta add that the chances are very remote. I don't mean to discourage you but trying to have a career at your age and that too in India is, as Aislabie pointed out, a long shot. The mindset of the administration here won't let that happen unless of course you are exceptionally talented, and by that I mean once in a generation kind of a player.

What I would suggest is take one step at a time and set short term goals and see how things move forward.

Users who are viewing this thread