PC Bugs noticed so far

WhiteCat

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Alright - still I think you're on to something that is probably the best lead I've got right now on why it's happening for some people and not others.

Yeah the game just seems to have problems rendering one particular screen in resolutions above 1080p. We've had this phenomena confirmed by a few people now.

I got the career game crash to desktop when trying to play a game in 1600 x 1200 resolution. Swapped to 1920 x 1080 (1080p) and managed to get passed the menu screen that causes the crash.

My problem was that by then having to play in that resolution I thought the graphics looked very poor compared to the PS4 version.

As I only play career mode, I decided that a refund was the best option, and I'll stick to my PS4 version.

It is crashing on screen resolutions greater than 1920x1080. It should be running, for me, at 2560x1440 but won't. Reducing resolution is a workaround but I hope not the solution.

Just for reference, I've attached menu screen that crashes it. If you can get past that screen (through a myriad of saving, exiting, restarting and resolution-changing..) the rest works fine.

Attachments

• careerashes.png
    careerashes.png
    173.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

arvnd56a

Club Cricketer
Unable to save anything be it settings or game... After exit everything disappears nothing is saved.. Not crashing in career mode but can't save progress on exiting.Please fix issues quickly.. Feeling cheated.

sheharyar

Club Cricketer
Some bugs which I would like to mention are:

1) No matter what kind of shot I play and modifiers I use I havent seen a single dismisal while bating to slips, gully or keeper against pacers accross all three formats. Got one against spinner though.

2) AI sometimes take all the fielders inside the circle for a set batsman in overs 7 to 20 in a T20 match for one or two deliveries.

3) AI doesnt play according to the required score in the middle and especially end overs of a T20 or ODI match, field restricted overs are better played by AI.

4) Red ball in the test match can definitely use bit more red color when new.

[DOUBLEPOST=1513539016][/DOUBLEPOST]Anybody have any idea what when are we gonna get first patch for PC?

solas

Club Cricketer
I'm having a few issues myself; I'll put my machine specs here before detailing the problems....

Intel i5-6600 3.5GhZ
8 gig RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GPU RAM

My problems (and they may be unrelated to the game so far):

Massive resource use: often 100% of disk use and 90% or so of the GPU.

Stuttering/freezing: most often on loading screens and during transitions (ie a new batsman coming out)

Variable frame rate: never consistently one set of frames, hovers when eventually a bit more stable over 60 FPS.

I'm not going to hold BA to account for this as there's no patch (which often settles this all down, I found similar issues going into DBC 17 as well).

Any suggestions in the meantime?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Anybody have any idea what when are we gonna get first patch for PC?
We will have an update in the next few hours to resolve the issue with career for people on high-resolution displays.

Unable to save anything be it settings or game... After exit everything disappears nothing is saved.. Not crashing in career mode but can't save progress on exiting.
This could be to do with Steam Cloud saving - try turning that off and see if matches save for you correctly.

To do that,
1) In your Steam Library, right-click on Ashes Cricket and select "Properties."
2) Click the "Updates" tab.
3) Uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Ashes Cricket."
4) Click "Close."

WhiteCat

Club Cricketer
Awesome! That was fast. Everything's working fine now; thanks for taking my discovery on board and releasing a fix so quickly.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks MattW,
Can I ask for very few fixes
1.Red ball colour is very pale and dull in test matches and not red as i am near batsman cam player right from DBC14.
2. Custom players also looking shaky in matches. (Not clarity )
Game play is nice. AI batting and bowling sensibly and it is better.
Game is running smoothly on my laptop.
Can i expect a patch to address these minor issues.

hiyagasriiniyavan

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i bought new pc yesterday ,i5 7400 7th gen, 8 gb ram, grapics gtx 100Ti 4gb, in game ball travelling when play Stuttering(shakeing)all the time why this happening ?

please Consider as BUG and solve...

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
This could be to do with Steam Cloud saving - try turning that off and see if matches save for you correctly.

To do that,
1) In your Steam Library, right-click on Ashes Cricket and select "Properties."
2) Click the "Updates" tab.
3) Uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Ashes Cricket."
4) Click "Close."

I'm also having the problem where settings are not getting saved when the game exits.
I don't have "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Ashes Cricket." checked.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Game stuck at create new stadium screen, music is running, but controller stops working. Have to close game window and relaunch
Can you upload your save files?

I'm also having the problem where settings are not getting saved when the game exits.
Where are you changing the settings - in match or in the main menu?

Users who are viewing this thread