Catching ?

subhratanu

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
If it's your career mode, investing points in your fielding/catching skills will improve the speed of the marker. Sometimes though, the ball is just too far away so that can't be helped. Basically you press X on PS4 (or A on Xbox) the moment it is lined up and the circle glows green. That's as simple as I can explain.

Can you tell how to line up the circle? I am playing this game on PC. I point the left analog stick toward the target and it moves extremely slow or sometimes doesn't move at all. Even a simple wicket keeper catch where the circle is very close to the target,goes down everytime. I have seen some videos on youtube and everytime I have seen that the person playing can move the circle extremely fast.
P.S. I am talking about normal matches with international level players and not my amateur career player :lol

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Can you tell how to line up the circle? I am playing this game on PC. I point the left analog stick toward the target and it moves extremely slow or sometimes doesn't move at all. Even a simple wicket keeper catch where the circle is very close to the target,goes down everytime. I have seen some videos on youtube and everytime I have seen that the person playing can move the circle extremely fast.
P.S. I am talking about normal matches with international level players and not my amateur career player :lol
The videos you were watching are they pre or post patch 3? because Patch 3 nearly eliminated the slow mo... you hardly get it anymore and the bowler is useless as a fielder now....

Basskadet

School Cricketer
Sorry, but there is no way I am understanding this slow motion catching/fielding mini game. When the circle comes in slow motion, i try everything.... I move the left stick, right stick towards the target, press a, x and what not. But everytime the circle moves so slowly that the catch opportunity goes down the drain. Can someone please tell me step by step how to catch in slow motion? I will really be grateful.

So, this reply is probably a little late and everyone might have figured this out by now, but I had this same issue (playing a Test game, not in Career mode) and nobody had really answered the question.

Basically, having previously played T20 & OD games I had had no problems with the reflex catching - if anything it was too easy! However, upon switching to a Test game I ran head first into this issue you describe - no matter what I did, every time I caught an edge and initiated the reflex system, the circle moved far too slowly to even get close to turning green. I was desperately watching it creep across the screen in the direction of the ball but, just as I would get near, the ball would go down and the catch would be dropped! It was infuriating.

It took me a while to figure out the answer, but hopefully this will help anyone else with this issue.

Basically, when you set up a Test match you may use the default settings of a Hard pitch etc. You have to remember that Test matches are effectively a cricket "simulation" (I'm guessing that T20 & ODIs are made to be more arcade-like, which is why this is not an issue in those game modes, but that's only a theory) and that means it simulates real life.

If you are playing on a hard pitch, then the ball will carry much further than on a different surface. What the game fails to tell you is that you can alter how your fielders behave (they can step-up, step-back or stay "normal") - on PS4 this is done by pushing "up" on the D-Pad. Your in-field, wicket-keeper and slips are all set to "Normal" as a default, and on a Hard pitch that means they will have virtually no time to react whenever there is an edge. Instead, move them all "back". That completely changed things for me and, all of a sudden, I was reaching catches in the reflex system again!

I hope that answers the question!

OllieSlack

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Just dropped 3 non slo motion catches in the space of a few overs. How do u catch it on PS4 (DB17)? Someone said move the analog stick towards where the ball is coming from, is this right? I click X when the ball comes near and they've dropped it 3 times!

Very annoying, I understand slo motion catches and usually non slo motion is ok but today it was a massive pain!! Any thoughts?

Cheers, Ollie

Luke92UK

School Cricketer
I'm hoping someone can help me...I've recently downloaded Ashes Cricket onto my PS4. Great game apart from the catching!
I can't catch anything...I push the analog stick into the circle, wait for it to green and press X... but guess what? It drops is every ******* time!
It's a nightmare! How else am I meant to get anyone out! I've played about 7 hours worth and still only taken 1 wicket! I'm normally a good player on consoles... any help on catching and just general wicket taking would be much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread