An easy as well as free game engine

sid_19840

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just saw a post today at my forum by a member called avok23,and he pointed out to a game engine which seems very easy to learn,it is all inbuilt and although it might not make games with stunning graphics,it will atleast allow people to start off.

Here is the link that he posted

http://www.gamemaker.nl/

Let me know if any of you guys found this easy to learn,and if anyone would be started to make a small game(all just for experience) out of this engine.Cheers.

kush

Club Cricketer
cool, keep finding (and creating!) great websites.

Muhammad Saad

School Cricketer
Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks mate
now I can convert my excel source code in to game maker

sid_19840

International Coach
Thanks,if any of you makes something,please do post in this thread.btw Im also trying to get something going,Nothing fancy though.

Cowburn199

International Coach
Im a registered member of that program. Paid for it :)
I've made quite a few games. I'm working on a pacman one right now but its looking kinda rubbish

das_vicky

International Cricketer
All coders wouldnt even look to it. Nut nvertheless a very important info for peoples who wanA GET THEIR HANDS WET

sid_19840

International Coach
das_vicky said:
All coders wouldnt even look to it. Nut nvertheless a very important info for peoples who wanA GET THEIR HANDS WET

I think that its a good way to start for those interested.To actually make a game yourself you need to know quite a few languages,other than knowing how to use those 3d softwares(Maya,and whatever).So this way you can do it without knowing anything,or even if you know a little bit(Since there is a place where you can put all the codes and create your own instances and stuff).

There are already more than a million people who have used the software,and their forums is always busy and running,so you would never be short of help.Im not trying to promote their software or something,but I just felt very comfortable with the interface and use of the software.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
But i support these types of softwares coming up which ony make life easier for game developers. Its not long before we get full fledged GDK's with all possible scripts in it.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
I've done a lot of these things. You can actually find a lot of different programs by typing up game maker on google and that link is actually the first.

Behlol

School Cricketer
I have created a few games with it.But I use the drag and drop method my games r not of good quality

Users who are viewing this thread