NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

This looks cool. Hope the story deliveries. Shahrukh badly needs a hit. Since last few years he has not been a crowd puller.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

This looks cool. Hope the story deliveries. Shahrukh badly needs a hit. Since last few years he has not been a crowd puller.
I really loved Fan but it didn't make a good run in box office. Apart from that, I don't even remember his recent good films. ( Haven't watched Raes, so don't know whether it was good or bad, reviews were average) It's been so long. Sad to see that the actor of his caliber is not delivering good hits. Was hopeful of Imtiaz and SRK combo but that was disappointing too.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
I really loved Fan but it didn't make a good run in box office. Apart from that, I don't even remember his recent good films. ( Haven't watched Raes, so don't know whether it was good or bad, reviews were average) It's been so long. Sad to see that the actor of his caliber is not delivering good hits. Was hopeful of Imtiaz and SRK combo but that was disappointing too.
Jab Harry Met Sejal was such a disappointing film, songs were good but the story was beyond mediocre. I loved Fan and Raees but unfortunately both did not do well at box office. One good thing about Shahrukh is he is trying constantly. He knows he is 52 and he knows he cannot be doing romcom anymore. Fan was a very good attempt from his normal movies and so was Raees. Zero looks awesome too.

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Mukkebaz movie will be good,another class by Anurag Kashyap.Music given by Nucleya.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I thought Raees was really good. So nice to see a different story that isn't just a love story.

Still seem to prefer him to Salman Khan, although Tiger Zinda hai seems to be doing really well in the cinemas.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Salman vs ShahRukh comparision is just bullshit. Everyone knows Salman would get his movies to be a hit, even if they are the shittiest movies of the planet. Just take TubeLight for an example.

Shahrukh, on the other hand has now lost that charm he had, but still. That man’s acting is still flawless. I just love his expressions and dialogue delivery in his movies (Especially Raees).

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
I do not think what you said @Yash. is true. People are getting mature and actors are very well aware of that. Like Shahrukh, Salman has been trying very hard to do different kind of films. Yes Tiger Zinda Hain and Race 3 do not prove that but he has been good with film selections. Tubelight was a ditto version of little boy of hollywood which has 7.3 stars on IMDB and tubelight got 4.2 by the critics. Why do we prefer Hollywood movies over Bollywood when Bollywood does the same? For example, I think Ra One was a good attempt by Shahrukh for a bollywood movie with the vfx yet we said shit about it and said that movie is flop. Same people will go first day for Justice League and hollywood sci-fi movies and say how awesome it is.

I definitely agree and do not argue that Bollywood needs more of Dangal, more of Newton, more of Lipstick Under My Burkha kind of movies but bollywood needs Tiger Zinda Hain, Fan, Jab Harry Met Sejal where you go watch eat popcorn smile and go out without thinking much. If we only have content oriented movies and not movies like Golmal and Judwaa 2 it really will be boring.

Also Tubelight did not do well at all in terms of money as well. So you cannot say Salman's shittest movie will work. I think movies like Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Tubelight were really a good attempt just like Fan and now Zero is from Shahrukh. Remember Salman and Shahrukh are not method actors like Irfan Khan, Amir Khan or others. They are mass heroes.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Also Tubelight did not do well at all in terms of money as well.

“Wikipedia” said:
Tubelight is the sixth-highest-grossing Bollywood film of 2017 by worldwide gross (₹211.14 crore (US$33 million)

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
think Ra One was a good attempt by Shahrukh for a bollywood movie with the vfx yet we said shit about it and said that movie is flop.
I beleive RaOne was an excellent movie with all those stunts and the VFX.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Not all things on wiki are true brother. It made 114 crores which is pretty poor. Salman paid the producers for the loss and other money is the tv rights and other stuff.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What's the controversy around Padmavaat?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
What's the controversy around Padmavaat?
An unnecessary controversy that got media limelight. It started with the PR of Padmavaat boosting before the trailer launch (during shoot) that Alahudin Khilji's epic quest to conquer his love. Now the original story is Queen Padmavati and his husband who was defeated by Khilji. Khilji was fascinated by Padmavati and during those times if a king is defeated his all property belongs to the winner which included wives. Padmavati did not want that and she along with other women performed Johar(Jauhar, sometimes spelled Jowhar or Juhar, was the Hindu custom of mass self-immolation by women in parts of the Indian subcontinent, to avoid capture, enslavement and rape by any foreign invaders ).

Now here is the controversy, since Padmavati was a Rajput, without watching the film few Rajput goons (called as Karni Sena) initially slapped Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Destroyed the set and than stopped the movie from releasing on the grounds of Sanjay glorifying Khilji. They thought there would be love scenes between Ranvir and Deepika seeing they date IRL.

Controversy continued when Karni Sena asked Bhansali to show the film before release and he said he wont show it to Karni Sena(he is right in denying, but not in this case) and will only show to the censor board. Censor board rejected the film as it was not submitted correctly. Censor board asked Bhansali is it a true story or not. They denied because they wanted a disclaimer. Finally the film was allowed to release with 25 cuts and name changing from Padmavati to Padmavaat as based on a Poem.

Karni Sena still refuses to let the film get hold properly. Idiots attacked a school bus filled with children. They are no less than the terrorists. The most humiliating part as an Indian is that the party in power BJP nor the opposition Congress raise one single voice against the Karni Sena. The media got the Karni Sena to their studio for interview just gave them unnecessary limelight. Every tweaking person involved is responsible. When kids get attacked for a movie and government and opposition sleeps thats where all things go wrong.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
An unnecessary controversy that got media limelight. It started with the PR of Padmavaat boosting before the trailer launch (during shoot) that Alahudin Khilji's epic quest to conquer his love. Now the original story is Queen Padmavati and his husband who was defeated by Khilji. Khilji was fascinated by Padmavati and during those times if a king is defeated his all property belongs to the winner which included wives. Padmavati did not want that and she along with other women performed Johar(Jauhar, sometimes spelled Jowhar or Juhar, was the Hindu custom of mass self-immolation by women in parts of the Indian subcontinent, to avoid capture, enslavement and rape by any foreign invaders ).

Now here is the controversy, since Padmavati was a Rajput, without watching the film few Rajput goons (called as Karni Sena) initially slapped Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Destroyed the set and than stopped the movie from releasing on the grounds of Sanjay glorifying Khilji. They thought there would be love scenes between Ranvir and Deepika seeing they date IRL.

Controversy continued when Karni Sena asked Bhansali to show the film before release and he said he wont show it to Karni Sena(he is right in denying, but not in this case) and will only show to the censor board. Censor board rejected the film as it was not submitted correctly. Censor board asked Bhansali is it a true story or not. They denied because they wanted a disclaimer. Finally the film was allowed to release with 25 cuts and name changing from Padmavati to Padmavaat as based on a Poem.

Karni Sena still refuses to let the film get hold properly. Idiots attacked a school bus filled with children. They are no less than the terrorists. The most humiliating part as an Indian is that the party in power BJP nor the opposition Congress raise one single voice against the Karni Sena. The media got the Karni Sena to their studio for interview just gave them unnecessary limelight. Every tweaking person involved is responsible. When kids get attacked for a movie and government and opposition sleeps thats where all things go wrong.
Typical of South Asia :facepalm

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Totally shocking news! Leaving the world at the age of 54 and despite being so fit and looking so good. Life often reminds you that you do not know when you'll leave!

Rest in peace, Sridevi! Truly iconic and India's first female superstar who ruled Tamil, Telugu and Bollywood industries. She has done iconic films with the biggest superstars of Indian cinema. Her most iconic will be Sadma (Moondram Pirai in Tamil)) and Chandni.

Users who are viewing this thread