Competition Logo Pack

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think the only downside to styling the logos like that is that it necessitates the creation of logos via the logo creator for use on the kits - thereby meaning that in reality, we cant really reduce the number of logos downloaded off the academy, since we still have to download additional logos to use on the kits.
I had a play around myself yesterday to see what each of the seven files are used for. The UI logos are, unsurprisingly, used for the user interface and the character logos are used on kits. So, you could have customized logos that appear in the academy or on scoreboards and then have normal logos for the kits. Even with kits a lot of them would need logos from the creator, for example, if they have an ODI kit that is the same colour as the logo (NZ springs to mind).

@suddyz Can you link me to the template? I've been doing in Indian logos, happy to stick them on there.

To keep things orderely (OCD here too) I've been trying to get the logo a regular width then adding space around it (that make sense?)

suddyz

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think the only downside to styling the logos like that is that it necessitates the creation of logos via the logo creator for use on the kits - thereby meaning that in reality, we cant really reduce the number of logos downloaded off the academy, since we still have to download additional logos to use on the kits.

That's not how it works. There are 7 distinct files for team logos, 4 for in game (Varying sizes for jerseys, hats, helmets etc.) and 3 for the UI (Menu's & scorecards). The way I am doing it is that the UI logo's are stylised but the in game ones that go on kits are normal. So there wont be a need to download from the academy. As far as the game is concerned there is only 1 logo being used for everything but in fact the in game and UI files are different. That's the beauty of the blobset creator. So for example you could allocate the Australian national team to use "Australia" as its logo, but because there are 7 different logos that each team uses for UI and in game textures, each of these can be completely different.

Last edited:

suddyz

Club Captain
I had a play around myself yesterday to see what each of the seven files are used for. The UI logos are, unsurprisingly, used for the user interface and the character logos are used on kits. So, you could have customized logos that appear in the academy or on scoreboards and then have normal logos for the kits. Even with kits a lot of them would need logos from the creator, for example, if they have an ODI kit that is the same colour as the logo (NZ springs to mind).

@suddyz Can you link me to the template? I've been doing in Indian logos, happy to stick them on there.

To keep things orderely (OCD here too) I've been trying to get the logo a regular width then adding space around it (that make sense?)

Here's the file template, also note that this template is already sized to the exact dimensions of the "Large Mirrored" template. What I tend to do to speed things up and ensure uniformity is that once I have the Large mirrored one done I reduce this the width to 170 and maintain the aspect ratio and then paste this over the "Small" logos but I move them manually down by 8 taps of the down key (This puts them at the very centre of the canvas). This ensures that all my logos are centred and exact (My OCD is so bad), but also speeds up the process quite a bit.

http://www.filedropper.com/skysportscirclecomplex

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That's not how it works. There are 7 distinct files for team logos, 4 for in game (Varying sizes for jerseys, hats, helmets etc.) and 3 for the UI (Menu's & scorecards). The way I am doing it is that the UI logo's are stylised but the in game ones that go on kits are normal. So there wont be a need to download from the academy. As far as the game is concerned there is only 1 logo being used for everything but in fact the in game and UI files are different. That's the beauty of the blobset creator.

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I'll have to delve a little deeper into the blobset files!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Had a crack at putting them on the logo template. Think they look really good.

Just to make it quicker I copied the template into Inkscape because the three I've done (below) were saved as SVG and then copied them across. Makes it a lot easier to align them they can then be exported

CaFQ9Bh.png
IF4RRjN.png
kfqlXyz.png

Also felt inspired to have a play aroud with the template.

soAdYS4.png
bTOOnJC.png
QQeoE3y.png

Last edited:
B

Bigby Wolf

Some great work here guys! The Skysports logo version looks really good.

suddyz

Club Captain
Had a crack at putting them on the logo template. Think they look really good.

Just to make it quicker I copied the template into Inkscape because the three I've done (below) were saved as SVG and then copied them across. Makes it a lot easier to align them they can then be exported

CaFQ9Bh.png
IF4RRjN.png
kfqlXyz.png

Also felt inspired to have a play aroud with the template.

soAdYS4.png
bTOOnJC.png
QQeoE3y.png

They look great! I love the way you have imposed the country flag as the background to the logo.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I went and made templates for a load of countries. This was not that difficult because I found a site that did nice round flags so don't think I was doing anything too complicated. They fit nicely into the sky template. The work was finding an effect that I liked, lowering the opacity and deciding how to approach the West Indies.
giuwi5U.png

suddyz

Club Captain
Here are the other ones I have done. I am just now only missing the Pakistan domestic teams before I can release this but I'm really struggling to find logos for some of those teams. Also part of the problem is that I don't know which teams in game correspond to the real life teams. I think I may need some help here from someone who knows this and who can perhaps point me in the right direction.

India Domestic Teams

Nw0WfBs.png

IPL Teams

EtY9dSC.png

SL Teams

5LFhBrZ.png

WI Domestic Teams

NzsDYT8.png

Last edited:

Arijit Maji

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I think it looks better without the flag background..

Users who are viewing this thread