Newbie questions...

Keanu1979

School Cricketer
Hello,

i am new at the forum,from Germany and without any cricket knowledge.

First sorry for my not perfect English.

I like the game much, I also have the DB Games but never felt in Love because I don’t understand the rules and tactics of cricket.

Now I got more into cricket and see al lot of T20 Matches and a Ashes Documentary from 2005. Since then I Iove the Test matches, what before was a mysterium for me.

But I still don’t understand still all the rules, especially the rules to win a game or when the batsman is out.

Questions:

• You can win by more runs or wickets, what is when the time of the 3 or in Ashes 5 day is over? Is it luck for the bowling team?

• Is there a over Limit, or can it maybe 150overs when there are not enough wickets?

• What or when is it a draw? Have this often in carrer mode 3 day club matches.

• The batsman is out by a flyball when he hits it with the bat or the glove?Not with the rest of the body?

• What means the umpire when he make the sign with the hand to the shoulder?

• What is with a noBall?Is the next ball free or can you loose a wicket. I have also see aa free hit, when is ist a free hit?

• Is their a good tutorial, website for the rules etc!

I have a lot of more questions, thanks for all answers ;-)

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello,

i am new at the forum,from Germany and without any cricket knowledge.

First sorry for my not perfect English.

I like the game much, I also have the DB Games but never felt in Love because I don’t understand the rules and tactics of cricket.

Now I got more into cricket and see al lot of T20 Matches and a Ashes Documentary from 2005. Since then I Iove the Test matches, what before was a mysterium for me.

But I still don’t understand still all the rules, especially the rules to win a game or when the batsman is out.

Questions:

• You can win by more runs or wickets, what is when the time of the 3 or in Ashes 5 day is over? Is it luck for the bowling team?

• Is there a over Limit, or can it maybe 150overs when there are not enough wickets?

• What or when is it a draw? Have this often in carrer mode 3 day club matches.

• The batsman is out by a flyball when he hits it with the bat or the glove?Not with the rest of the body?

• What means the umpire when he make the sign with the hand to the shoulder?

• What is with a noBall?Is the next ball free or can you loose a wicket. I have also see aa free hit, when is ist a free hit?

• Is their a good tutorial, website for the rules etc!

I have a lot of more questions, thanks for all answers ;-)

1. Not really sure what you mean here. You win a game by bowling out the opposition to make sure they don't reach your target.

2. Usually, 90 overs are bowled in a day during a test match, simply for time issues.

3. Draw happens when either side plays out the final day. The target hasn't been reached by the batsmen nor have the bowler bowled out the opposition, hence the game is declared a draw.

4. Correct, you can only be out caught if the ball has touched your bat or glove on the way to the fielder.

5. It means one for the over. That means the bowler has balled one of the two allocated bouncers (ball that is aimed above the shoulder of the batsman)

6. Usually when he oversteps or bowls a waist high full toss. You can get run out but not out in any other way.

Have a look here at the basic premise of the game. Although the best way to learn is simply to watch an enjoy the game. The Big Bash is on currently, see if you can watch that.

Edit: should know this is only applicable to Test matches, ODI and T20 have a slightly different structure.

Last edited:

Keanu1979

School Cricketer
1. Not really sure what you mean here. You win a game by bowling out the opposition to make sure they don't reach your target.

2. Usually, 90 overs are bowled in a day during a test match, simply for time issues.

3. Draw happens when either side plays out the final day. The target hasn't been reached by the batsmen nor have the bowler bowled out the opposition, hence the game is declared a draw.

4. Correct, you can only be out caught if the ball has touched your bat or glove on the way to the fielder.

5. It means one for the over. That means the bowler has balled one of the two allocated bouncers (ball that is aimed above the shoulder of the batsman)

6. Usually when he oversteps or bowls a waist high full toss. You can get run out but not out in any other way.

Have a look here at the basic premise of the game. Although the best way to learn is simply to watch an enjoy the game. The Big Bash is on currently, see if you can watch that.

Edit: should know this is only applicable to Test matches, ODI and T20 have a slightly different structure.

Many thanks:cheers

Users who are viewing this thread