Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Oh I know. Seems ridiculous to have fielders never dropping anything even on legend.

I saw my first drop on Veteran yesterday. Starc was bowling with a silly Mid On. I absolutely drilled one with either aggressive or attacking shot, can't remember which, and the close fielder dived to catch it.

Was a ridiculous animation at a mental speed. Watching the replay he was moving pretty much as the ball hit the bat. Flying forward onto the pitch, the ball hit his hands, then his body, then hit the floor as he finished his dive.

That is the only dropped catch I've seen lol

sonimrajk

County Cricketer
I had 2 missed catches until now. But its better to take all catches instead of missing 1 in 5 catches like in earlier games.
May be in next iteration they can try missing few catches based on the difficulty of the catch.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
That is the only dropped catch I've seen lol
In the game all fielders rating is high... may be if we edit little... we might see drop catches very often... same thing with edges... players defence rating is too high , I edited few players rating to 50 below, and I able to see edges during defensive shots too... so basically, we need to edit players ratings...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
In the game all fielders rating is high... may be if we edit little... we might see drop catches very often... same thing with edges... players defence rating is too high , I edited few players rating to 50 below, and I able to see edges during defensive shots too... so basically, we need to edit players ratings...
@zimrahil tried that

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Batting Difficulty - Hard
Shot Timing - 50
Foot placement - 60
Bowl quality influence - 60
Shot choice - 90

I got this setting from @WealeyH and it works in every match I have played so far. It doesn't work for me if i increase or decrease any of the values. Give it a try

Will give it a try and report back. Thank you brother!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I hope the concentration transfers from drop catches because then the patch will have things to implement that and create more imbalance...We just need to get elements of a normal cricket match into the game first then only even think of such stuffs IMO...And getting out of track as to what needs priority is messed up as it is with the previous patches as well..

sonimrajk

County Cricketer
If this is possible, Can Beta team create a new thread and list down the major gameplay bugs in the order of their priority (whatever order Beta team thinks) ? No one should be able to add any comments into the thread (except the moderator). Instead they can discuss in general discussion thread and convince beta team to add that Bug to the list of priority bugs. This may help Big ant team to prioritize the bugs for the upcoming patches.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The little bugger at Short Cover that Catches whatever is drilled in his direction is infuriating , I was hoping he could behave more in the mould of the Silly Mid Off , who at least flinches and ducks away from properly hit shots.

But not this superman...

D

Deleted member 46200

Haha was scanning some other forums today turns out planetcricket is quite (in)famous. Special mention to @Snowy and @Biggs. Real popular Percys!

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ashes-cricket.1180637/page-5
Being honest... I have no idea what you are going on about... Two sad little people with sad little opinions and too afraid to discuss matters like real people. However, it is afteral their opinion. They are probably banned here and thus vent their frustration through the medium of being a total dick. Don't continue the trend... Please.

But let's just stick to the cricket and cricket gaming and not start petty name calling! x

Can anyone tell me what a 'Percy' is or the meaning... ? x

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread