Request Or Suggestions for Future Patches / Big Ant Gaming Series

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah on one hand its great to see they've really ironed out a lot of the bugs from DB14/17 and improved it a lot, however it just smells of a rush job and/or a lack of QC. I mean, c'mon its a digital product - how hard can it be to get a group of beta testers to test the crap out of your product to avoid little things like this. I've taken part in beta testing before (Rising Storm, etc) and we tested the crap out of everything - TWI were awesome at listening to us and we repaid them with as thorough a testing process as we could get. On release there weren't many big obvious bugs. But DB17 launching with the INABILITY to do a cover drive??? wtf? Anyway, its still an excellent game - i just wished that annoying little bugs like this were removed before release. You're judged by the quality (and look) of your product, esp if you want to charge the same as a AAA title like SWBF or BF or whatever.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah on one hand its great to see they've really ironed out a lot of the bugs from DB14/17 and improved it a lot, however it just smells of a rush job and/or a lack of QC. I mean, c'mon its a digital product - how hard can it be to get a group of beta testers to test the crap out of your product to avoid little things like this. I've taken part in beta testing before (Rising Storm, etc) and we tested the crap out of everything - TWI were awesome at listening to us and we repaid them with as thorough a testing process as we could get. On release there weren't many big obvious bugs. But DB17 launching with the INABILITY to do a cover drive??? wtf? Anyway, its still an excellent game - i just wished that annoying little bugs like this were removed before release. You're judged by the quality (and look) of your product, esp if you want to charge the same as a AAA title like SWBF or BF or whatever.

I think the beta testers have "tested the crap out of it". It appears at the moment at least that BA have other concerns than getting their findings into a game.

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Like dutch said, game at patch 0 had QA done but patches are not beta tested so lead to bugs

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
Big ant please have boundary sizes according to stadiums, not according to match type please. And also allow boundaries to be different shapes like rectangular, oval, diamond(like baseball) not just circles . thank you

AnkitC

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Like dutch said, game at patch 0 had QA done but patches are not beta tested so lead to bugs

I am not entirely convinced with your statement. The performance issue in Night matches was not introduced by the patches.

In fact it should be considered as a too huge to be missed, sort of an issue. It’s a shame that with a Single Config System they couldn’t get it to work correctly.

I’m also sure that the performance issue was not the only issue/bug that the game came with.

The_Pharoah

International Coach

I hear you but as a customer (part of the loyal fan base if you want to call it that, given I've bought/played DB14/17) I can only just by what I see/play. If a company wants to rush out its product that a) hasn't been fully QC tested; or b) has been but the fixes, etc aren't in the game yet, but they release anyway....then they deserve all the negativity they get.

I'm really fed up of paying for early release games or rush jobs where the thought process of the developer is 'just get it out there, and we can fix any problems later'....thats a slap in the face of every customer. Its like buying a pizza from Pizza Hut and when you get it you realise there's no cheese or no chicken (on a chicken pizza), etc and they're just waiting at the counter to say 'oh i'm real sorry, here's some cheese that should've been in there at the start). It won't work for 'real' products but gaming devs get away with it all the time. Annoys the crap out of me, and a lot of the time its driven by us the consumers.

I just purchased the game on Saturday ie. 13 Jan 2018. The game was released on Nov 16 - thats atleast 2 months post release and I'm still seeing little bugs, not big ones...but little ones that should not be in there. My current biggest annoying is the ball going the wrong direction on a cut shot (I've raised a bug report on it). HOWEVER...playing last night, I realised its more than that....I went to pull/hook a ball from a left arm finger spinner and I then scored a boundary through extra cover!!!! the fielder at deep point couldn't get to it in time...thats how fast it was going. On slo mo replay, the ball went INSIDE the middle of the bat before flying off to extra cover.....on a pull shot. eh? its like the exact opposite of what i was experiencing before (and still do) ie. cut shots flying off to the square leg boundary. Crap like that shouldn't happen. I've only been playing for a few days and I've seen it.

Remember I'm a massive fan of BA and DB/AC but that doesn't mean I ignore the bugs.

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
have better atmosphere in grounds, all people are wearing cricket shirts. add variety and different colors maybe flags flying around and some people with signs

Dean johnes

Club Captain
I think the beta testers have "tested the crap out of it". It appears at the moment at least that BA have other concerns than getting their findings into a game.
Big ant just waiting and will release ashes 18 soon I think and we will have to buy it again and again wait for patches.
Then ashes 19
I think it will go on the same way.

grkrama

National Board President
I went to pull/hook a ball from a left arm finger spinner and I then scored a boundary through extra cover!!!! the fielder at deep point couldn't get to it in time...thats how fast it was going. On slo mo replay, the ball went INSIDE the middle of the bat before flying off to extra cover.....on a pull shot. eh? its like the exact opposite of what i was experiencing before (and still do) ie. cut shots flying off to the square leg boundary. Crap like that shouldn't happen. I've only been playing for a few days and I've seen it.

i have reported this bug many times, it happens when ever you play anything fine, like cut pull or glance the ball goes though the bat and explodes in different directions.

I believe this got in when they were making leglance more playable from out side off i think after release though not sure.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Big ant just waiting and will release ashes 18 soon I think and we will have to buy it again and again wait for patches.
Then ashes 19
I think it will go on the same way.

Tbh we should have expected this, most licenced or sposored games are rushed just because they need to be out by a certain date + BA is a small company so not much you can say...when 14 came out in their own time it was pretty well polished tbh

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
make fielding more exciting, have drama. Bowlers egging on batsmen etc

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tbh we should have expected this, most licenced or sposored games are rushed just because they need to be out by a certain date + BA is a small company so not much you can say...when 14 came out in their own time it was pretty well polished tbh
Dbc14 issues were ironed out pretty early, it had edge issues, pull going in air, laser throws etc. Steam got updates quickly while console updates took time as expected but bigant were serious about feedback and corrections

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
why waste people's time like that? I'm just trying to figure out why do it and not incorporate it somehow. Impression management? There is a lot of undoubtedly great feedback from people here, but elementary things like batting and bowling are still broken. You shouldn't need any feedback for that.

Users who are viewing this thread