Ashes Cricket hacks: fearsome tweak v0.01

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
This is my previous mod from dbc14 and dbc17 now updated for Ashes Cricket.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=30239246115291181221

There is only the Lua console right now, but maybe with it there can be some tweaks for
human/ai edges. If it's possible i will post here some examples.

USAGE:
open the game and the mod, click "start", type your code and click "execute".

Here is a code for a test, it will disable all the HUDS of the game (and a couple of other things,
that will have some glitch, probably it can be fixed):

function _G._CLASSES.Universe.getHudRenderEnabled(mytable)

return false

end

Change "return false" to "return true" if you want to restore the original code. If you want
other examples check the dbc17 thread. It's Christmas so i am busy with my family, but i'll try
to post some other things. Cheers.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Can you able to make any tool to replace faces of aus and eng players with other players for example kohli?
If this is possible, then all the players can be created and uploaded to academy.
Wait, WHAT? you want replace and eng/aus team player face with an idian face? WTF? make Kohli in the acadamy or download an already created one.

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes, great to see the legendary FT is back. I didn't use it in DBC 17 because I just didn't play the game but hopefully before long the FT will be able to include human edges

sonimrajk

County Cricketer
Sorry Guys. I m just checking whether its possible to do this with tools. If you guys think i m doing something wrong, i will delete my posts.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The Fearsome Tweak Master is here...:D

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
for cheat engine users:

to disable the catching minigame (in semi assisted fielding), search the "array of byte" of this Lua script:
52 10 0 0 55 10 1 10 55 11 2 4 16 12 7 0 42 13 14 0 62 10 5 2 14 0 10 0 84 11 1 128 71 0 1 0

you need to change the first four number with 71 0 1 0 (the script will return immediately, without being executed).

If you want to test it, search this:
41 11 1 0 84 12 1 128 41 11 2 0 15 0 5 0

now change the first "1" with a "2", and the batsman will edge all the deliveries (a variable value that is set to true or false, will always be true).

If you dont use cheat engine, wait i'll try to release a mod tomorrow possibly. Increasing the human edge chance will need a little work i think.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
for cheat engine users:

to disable the catching minigame (in semi assisted fielding), search the "array of byte" of this Lua script:
52 10 0 0 55 10 1 10 55 11 2 4 16 12 7 0 42 13 14 0 62 10 5 2 14 0 10 0 84 11 1 128 71 0 1 0

you need to change the first four number with 71 0 1 0 (the script will return immediately, without being executed).

If you want to test it, search this:
41 11 1 0 84 12 1 128 41 11 2 0 15 0 5 0

now change the first "1" with a "2", and the batsman will edge all the deliveries (a variable value that is set to true or false, will always be true).

If you dont use cheat engine, wait i'll try to release a mod tomorrow possibly. Increasing the human edge chance will need a little work i think.
Can you reduce edge chance? I'm getting too many.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
Can you reduce edge chance? I'm getting too many.

it's not very simple, without wasting all the "depth" involved in the gameplay (bowling quality, footwork, timing etc.). Also, in all
the cricket games released by BA, the testing was always difficult, because most of the times when you change something there is
not a visible result. I'll try my best.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
it's not very simple, without wasting all the "depth" involved in the gameplay (bowling quality, footwork, timing etc.). Also, in all
the cricket games released by BA, the testing was always difficult, because most of the times when you change something there is
not a visible result. I'll try my best.
I was being a little facetious to be honest. Like you say the depth and complexity that goes into it, and creating an edge is, for me anyway, working well. I have played a lot more with lesser skilled teams and I am seeing edges constantly. I batted with Nepal v Oman the other day and it was an absolute grind, I loved it, and there were dozens of nicks and edges. This is without touching a single modifier.

I can only imagine that people are not seeing edges because of a few factors. They play as the best teams, with the best players, that can perform shots more effectively; have a low difficulty level and/or use batting aids that increase the margin for error; or they don't bat like me - by that I mean is they might be more cautious or selective, or just better at the game.

Not that I wouldn't want to discourage you at all and will gladly be taking up the hack to turn off the catching game.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
I was being a little facetious to be honest. Like you say the depth and complexity that goes into it, and creating an edge is, for me anyway, working well. I have played a lot more with lesser skilled teams and I am seeing edges constantly. I batted with Nepal v Oman the other day and it was an absolute grind, I loved it, and there were dozens of nicks and edges. This is without touching a single modifier.

I can only imagine that people are not seeing edges because of a few factors. They play as the best teams, with the best players, that can perform shots more effectively; have a low difficulty level and/or use batting aids that increase the margin for error; or they don't bat like me - by that I mean is they might be more cautious or selective, or just better at the game.

Not that I wouldn't want to discourage you at all and will gladly be taking up the hack to turn off the catching game.

ah, didnt get it. Aye people are having a surprising different experience about the same issue.
You have to consider so many things like player skill, timing and all the other things involved, still keeping all the "outcomes" possible*, without being random.

*When playing on an english pitch and facing a delivery from Jimmy Anderson, even a good opener could edge the first ball.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
ah, didnt get it. Aye people are having a surprising different experience about the same issue.
You have to consider so many things like player skill, timing and all the other things involved, still keeping all the "outcomes" possible*, without being random.

*When playing on an english pitch and facing a delivery from Jimmy Anderson, even a good opener could edge the first ball.

Well so far I've gone 105 overs bowling against Sri Lanka with not one single nick :/ I've had nicks in the game before but just seems so random, edges should be a lot more prominent especially 105 overs of test cricket!

Hopefully you will work your magic again, what is this patch supposed to do? Give edges whilst we bowl or bat?

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
had not started the game last 2 weeks and had forgotten how great it is ^^ when BA gets out the
new patches is going to be even better.

Meanwhile, if you can use Cheat Engine, there is a simple way that i use to increase the score of the AI.
It's basically the same thing that i did in dbc17 for the scenario editor.
Open the "ashes.exe" process in Cheat Engine, go in the "memory view", and in the top window (the disassembler)
right click with the mouse and go to this address:

ashes.exe+53324E

the code at this address is:
ashes.exe+53324E - 75 41 - jne ashes.exe+533291

now change "jne ashes.exe+533291" to "jmp ashes.exe+533291" (so the code will always jump, instead with
jne it would jump only when there is not a wicket).

Now when you simulate, there will never be wickets. I use this for example when a batsman is at 60, and
i take it automatically at 85. Then for example i bowl 2-3 over (or more) and try to get a wicket, then
i can try to simulate again. This allows to only bowl during an "interesting" situation.

I will make a "Cheat Table" with this if you cant use cheat engine ( it's a source code file that allows
to load/unload code easily).

p.s.
if you want to get a wicket when simulating, then go again at that address:

and change "jne ashes.exe+533291" with "nop" (it means no operation). After 2 lines there is then:

ashes.exe+533255 - 75 3A - jne ashes.exe+533291

change this also in "nop", and there will be a wicket every ball.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
had not started the game last 2 weeks and had forgotten how great it is ^^ when BA gets out the
new patches is going to be even better.

Meanwhile, if you can use Cheat Engine, there is a simple way that i use to increase the score of the AI.
It's basically the same thing that i did in dbc17 for the scenario editor.
Open the "ashes.exe" process in Cheat Engine, go in the "memory view", and in the top window (the disassembler)
right click with the mouse and go to this address:

ashes.exe+53324E

the code at this address is:

now change "jne ashes.exe+533291" to "jmp ashes.exe+533291" (so the code will always jump, instead with
jne it would jump only when there is not a wicket).

Now when you simulate, there will never be wickets. I use this for example when a batsman is at 60, and
i take it automatically at 85. Then for example i bowl 2-3 over (or more) and try to get a wicket, then
i can try to simulate again. This allows to only bowl during an "interesting" situation.

I will make a "Cheat Table" with this if you cant use cheat engine ( it's a source code file that allows
to load/unload code easily).

p.s.
if you want to get a wicket when simulating, then go again at that address:

and change "jne ashes.exe+533291" with "nop" (it means no operation). After 2 lines there is then:

ashes.exe+533255 - 75 3A - jne ashes.exe+533291

change this also in "nop", and there will be a wicket every ball.

i'd have understood as much of that if you'd written it in Italian :)

Users who are viewing this thread