Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Real shame is KL Rahul.
Don't know why this guy is playing?
Lost his form,lost his contract with addidas.
Now playing with SS bat:lol.

Last edited:

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Vijay has been the biggest disappointment of this series

You expect the likes of Dhawan and Sharma and Rahul to lose their wickets to poor shots, but not Vijay. He was the shining star on our previous away tours. This series, he has just looked out of sorts and almost clueless.[DOUBLEPOST=1516783591][/DOUBLEPOST]Fastest runner Kohli and poor runner Pujara on crease ... another runout on the cards ?

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Vijay should have been playing the way Pujara is playing *knock on wood*

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Kohli hasnt faced Philander yet. Pujara doing all the dirty work here ... would love to see Kohli go up against Philander

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
240 might be a winning score here. I doubt we have the mental makeup or the form to be able to get to there. Someone has to score a couple of outstanding 50s to get us there. I remember SRT, Dravid and Ganguly all getting 40s in 2006 and that was enough to win us the test.

aditya123

National Board President
We might not have scored a million runs in this session but I`m impressed by the application shown here. Its seaming around immensely. If we can get to 230+ here, we will be in with a fighting change.

Pujara, as Manjrekar pointed out doesn`t lack in intent. Its his skill levels that let him down in such conditions. I don`t think he has the strokes that Dravid had against pace. Lets not forget that guys like Dravid and VVS had a good attacking game as well which is why they did well in these conditions. Although I`m glad that Rahane is back, I don't expect too much from him on a green mamba, after a month and a half of no cricket.

Although the series is gone, this is a huge test match for us. We've been in this series for 80% of the contests. If we can pull one back, it might get some overseas momentum going for us. Also, unlike other bilateral ODI series at home, this one will be hard fought as well. We need to show that we can score in such conditions. If we manage to do that, I see us winning in England (provided we make the right selections). I know its a huge call to make but I will stick by it. England do not have the relentless lineup of seamers that SA do, and lack the ABD factor as well. Our seamers have done superbly this series. If our batting can get used to fighting it out for runs, we may well end up with a win in England. It all begins here though.

Last edited:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
SA could've had both Kohli and Pujara in two overs. First they didn't review, then dropped Kohli

aditya123

National Board President
SA could've had both Kohli and Pujara in two overs. First they didn't review, then dropped Kohli

We`ve doled out a lot of favors in the first two tests. Glad we have some coming our way. If we go to lunch just 2 down, it would be our session. This reminds me of the Lords test in 2014 where we had a slow scoring first session with just 50-odd on board and then fought to 290-odd en route to a superb win. Assuming the conditions stay the same throughout, Bhuvi and Shami would be a handful here.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
We`ve doled out a lot of favors in the first two tests. Glad we have some coming our way. If we go to lunch just 2 down, it would be our session. This reminds me of the Lords test in 2014 where we had a slow scoring first session with just 50-odd on board and then fought to 290-odd en route to a superb win. Assuming the conditions stay the same throughout, Bhuvi and Shami would be a handful here.

The favours have happened both ways in my opinion. Some of the cricket this series has been quite poor. I'm also surprised no one is mentioning the fact that only a management as mental as this would choose to bat here.

Selection from SA also is a bit weird. Why would you play Phelukweyo ahead of Morris?

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
These two pairs will be very crucial for India. They just need to play through the next session and if they can. Around 250 will be the score I am seeing by the end of this Day.

Users who are viewing this thread