OTHER Totopoly mod for Tabletop Simulator

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
This looks great. I remember Totopoly from my long lost youth, but I never played it.

I never appreciated what Tabletop Simulator could do until I saw this. Is it legal for you to make a simulated version of a commercial game, though? I tried Googling that question, and it seems rather murky. It's not clear either way.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
This looks great. I remember Totopoly from my long lost youth, but I never played it.

I never appreciated what Tabletop Simulator could do until I saw this. Is it legal for you to make a simulated version of a commercial game, though? I tried Googling that question, and it seems rather murky. It's not clear either way.

hope they dont remove it ^^

usually it's tolerated (a bit like Cricket Captain, that uses real player names without licenses) and on tabletop simulator you can find almost all the commercial boardgames.
It's a very good program.

Also with a real boardgame you need only to buy one, while with a digital copy you would need all the players to get one, and dont think many people would
be interested if the price is too high.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I was thinking of converting a cricket board game to software, strictly for my own amusement, but now you've got me thinking about using TTS to do it. Does TTS have any sort of AI that would allow for simulation of opponents, or is it strictly a tool for pure replication of board games?

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
I was thinking of converting a cricket board game to software, strictly for my own amusement, but now you've got me thinking about using TTS to do it. Does TTS have any sort of AI that would allow for simulation of opponents, or is it strictly a tool for pure replication of board games?

tt has a good physics engine and allows Lua language scripts (the same of Big Ant games). Indeed one of my projects is a mod of Fireball Island, great boardgame
that would need a physics engine. I think it can be used for an AI, just dont know how much code you can use.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
Thanks. I'm not familiar with Lua, but it looks really interesting.

Lua is used a lot today from what i see. It's great actually if you import it in your game, basically you can program AND play
the game at the same time, dont even need to pause the game. Testing becomes much faster: if you dont like a function,
you just rewrite it and keep playing the game. Big Ant uses actually LuaJit, a faster version of Lua made by an english programmer.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Lua is unlike anything I've ever seen. At first I thought it was a sort of an API, but it seems so much more than that. Do you use it for your fearsome tweak mods?

D

Dutch

X plane uses lua scripts heavily and there are many mods based around it

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
Lua is unlike anything I've ever seen. At first I thought it was a sort of an API, but it seems so much more than that. Do you use it for your fearsome tweak mods?

yes i use Cheat Engine, and it also uses Lua for its internal scripting. It makes things easier, for example a team of 2 programmers can simply share the scripts
while working (one programmer plays the game, and another updates the scripts from another computer, so the first programmer can test the new code without
even pausing the game).

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I downloaded Cheat Engine, and I'm going to run through the tutorials. Looks interesting. I created my scoreboards app the old fashioned way, with C# and a hex editor, so I'll be interested to see what Cheat Engine gives me.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
I downloaded Cheat Engine, and I'm going to run through the tutorials. Looks interesting. I created my scoreboards app the old fashioned way, with C# and a hex editor, so I'll be interested to see what Cheat Engine gives me.

excellent mate. We must increase the modders Army

Users who are viewing this thread