India tour of South Africa

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Some of my picks, can be tried.

Suryakumar Yadav :- An experienced bloke, can hit scoops and is explosive. Can be good down the order.
Deepak Hooda :- Explosive and can hit from ball one. Also can roll his arm over in need.
Sanju Samson :- Top order player by default, can be tried for lower order. Been around for a really long time now. Can be really striking at the end.
Rahul Tripathi :- Very explosive and some of the rare Indian players who play fast bowling much better than spin. Also can give two overs of medium pace.

All of them of course, after KL Rahul fails.
Hooda is more like the spin version of Pandya. We can't have him at #5 I feel. Same with Tripathi. Suryakumar is a good shout and although I like his batting I feel he's a bit inconsistent in T20s. How about his Mumbai team mate, Shreyas Iyer? He's pretty consistent. He plays in the top order domestically but he can switch gears easily so #5/#6 spot might suit him if we don't consider Lokesh Rahul or Kedar Jadhav.

I've lost all confidence in Sanju's batting tbh. I don't see him making it big in India colors anymore.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've lost all confidence in Sanju's batting tbh. I don't see him making it big in India colors anymore.
Agree with this. He did good in the 2014 season of the IPL and many people thought that surely he can replace Dhoni in the team when he retires. His form faltered, and it's tougher that ever now with more and more competition. He looked like an excellent prospect IMO couple of years ago.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Uhm, he did bat really well last season in the IPL. He has made 175 runs in 5 matches this year. Last year, he made a century. 458 last year, in some 20 innings. Yes, he was out of form, but still he can be tried.
Agree with this. He did good in the 2014 season of the IPL and many people thought that surely he can replace Dhoni in the team when he retires. His form faltered, and it's tougher that ever now with more and more competition. He looked like an excellent prospect IMO couple of years ago.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well with ABD ruled out once again and SaF once again losing, I can really sense the frustration of the SaF fans.

I did not see the match but Dhawan has been in some form in ODI’s and T20’s. His place will never be doubted. He should solely focus on these two formats and become a king opener.

Bhuvneshware Kumar is such a decent underrated bloke. People always talk how Bumrah has been a find and a sensation but Kumar quietly does his job every time.

On Rainas promotiom to number 3, he did well for whatever he has scored. We all just need to agree with the fact that we have Shastri who is leading the coaching side. Till this duo exists of Kohli Shastri, we will always see players being asked to be aggressive. Is it beneficial or will it falter we will see soon in a year and half in the WC.

Lets make this 3-0 boys. I am surprised few members here are waiting for this series to get over. We are dominating the limited overs here and its happening for the first time. How the time has changed as previously we used to wait for these moments. Now we cannot bear it because opposition is not at best?

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Well with ABD ruled out once again and SaF once again losing, I can really sense the frustration of the SaF fans.

I did not see the match but Dhawan has been in some form in ODI’s and T20’s. His place will never be doubted. He should solely focus on these two formats and become a king opener.

Bhuvneshware Kumar is such a decent underrated bloke. People always talk how Bumrah has been a find and a sensation but Kumar quietly does his job every time.

On Rainas promotiom to number 3, he did well for whatever he has scored. We all just need to agree with the fact that we have Shastri who is leading the coaching side. Till this duo exists of Kohli Shastri, we will always see players being asked to be aggressive. Is it beneficial or will it falter we will see soon in a year and half in the WC.

Lets make this 3-0 boys. I am surprised few members here are waiting for this series to get over. We are dominating the limited overs here and its happening for the first time. How the time has changed as previously we used to wait for these moments. Now we cannot bear it because opposition is not at best?

I hate domination in sport. And while I fully expected India to win the limited overs leg, the margins between the two sides has been a bit of a shock.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
I hate domination in sport. And while I fully expected India to win the limited overs leg, the margins between the two sides has been a bit of a shock.
But that shock is a good for Indian fans. No one bothers about the domination when we lose 4-0 or 5-0. We should be enjoying this moment as its not everyday we get to see that. Going ahead England will have a strong side in ODI’s, we cannot expect a 5-0 there.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
RSA's experienced players getting injured isn't India's fault, you can't expect us to rest someone like Kohli just so they don't have ABD and so on. Underestimating them won't be great either, going for the strongest possible lineup and trying hard to win every single game even though the opposition is missing some key players isn't unfair at all. It of course isn't great to watch but a win is a win, how many matches have we won outside Asia recently? - not much and neither do we've a great win record against RSA. So why not dominate if we can? Their job is to win and not make it interesting for the crowd to watch.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Smuts
Hendricks
De Bruyn
Miller
Klaasen
Jonker
Morris
Phelukwayo
Linde
Paterson
Ngidi

This is what I'd like to see next game. We clearly lack top quality depth but this is the best of the rest

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
But that shock is a good for Indian fans. No one bothers about the domination when we lose 4-0 or 5-0. We should be enjoying this moment as its not everyday we get to see that. Going ahead England will have a strong side in ODI’s, we cannot expect a 5-0 there.
If India are down 4-0 or 5-0, it presents a great opportunity for some of the members on this site to further more criticize the team as they do often. :p

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
If India are down 4-0 or 5-0, it presents a great opportunity for some of the members on this site to further more criticize the team as they do often. :p
Exactly and no I am not talking about you @LiveLoveABD , I am talking about others members

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Uhm, he did bat really well last season in the IPL. He has made 175 runs in 5 matches this year. Last year, he made a century. 458 last year, in some 20 innings. Yes, he was out of form, but still he can be tried.
He can be definitely tried again if he hits form and puts himself into contention. For now, Karthik, Pant or even Parthiv Patel is set to take Dhoni's spot once he retires. Sanju needs to try to get ahead of them by scoring runs and keeping well.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Some FB pages have been comparing Kohli's captaincy with Dhoni's captaincy in terms of a statement made by Kohli during presentation ceremony of ODI series. Some don't even understand English lol. Kohli credited his wife for his own performance in the series but people say that Dhoni was always crediting the whole team for series win. Seriously? There has been a huge difference between the individual performance and team performance right?

Getting back, Dhawan has been brilliant throughout this tour. A very good asset for oversea games. He can shift the gears and can play all the shots. While there was surely zero need for switching Raina and Kohli's batting positions. Seems that Shastri wants to keep Raina away from the squad. And due to internal pressure, they had to give a chance to Raina. And Shastri is trying his best to keep him away. Manish Pandey could've utilised this opportunity but what he did was just to increase his average, played a defensive run a ball game.

Dhoni is no more a T20 product. Better to move on imo. Bhuvi has been fantastic. It's good to see a player improving so much in past 2 years. A clever bowler who can think even in pressure situation. Unadkat has been average. Same goes with Chahal and Bumrah. But given the conditions, they were good enough. Hardik was a bit expensive though.

This SAF side has been the weakest in terms of squad they had for more than a decade now. They should be looking out for long term options in youngsters. Good thinking imo. Even Indian test side was similar to that of SAF in 2011-12. After getting some youngsters in the squad and giving them more opportunities, this team has been no.1 test squad for the past couple of years. So yes, it will surely take time to get used to a regular squad of youngsters but the outcome would be fantastic. I'm already seeing some match winners in this SAF squad like Klassen, Dala, Lungi etc..

Users who are viewing this thread