Review Completely unplayable

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
its not really a career mode you get the points whatever you do in the game.Normal types of milestones like highest score are completely ignored whereas something like scoring 4000 runs is a target.Its mad really.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
its not really a career mode you get the points whatever you do in the game.Normal types of milestones like highest score are completely ignored whereas something like scoring 4000 runs is a target.Its mad really.
uhm they were talking AO Tennis career mode?

Maz

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Honestly I don't know what's happened with PC cricket games over the years. Look back to BLC 99, how authentic and natural the gameplay is. I appreciate that Ashes Cricket is a slight improvement on recent games, but I can't get over the feeling...it just doesn't feel like cricket.

Why can't they improve on a game that came out 20 years ago!?

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Honestly I don't know what's happened with PC cricket games over the years. Look back to BLC 99, how authentic and natural the gameplay is. I appreciate that Ashes Cricket is a slight improvement on recent games, but I can't get over the feeling...it just doesn't feel like cricket.

what this game and Ricky Ponting cricket 05 and almost all the other cricket games had that the dbc and ashes titles lack is the commentary. They actually sound like commentators. Dbc and ashes the commentators talk like robots, so slow. There is no conversation between commentators like games such as Ricky Ponting cricket and the 09 ashes game. It adds realism and for me, gets me engaged in the game

D

Dutch

what this game and Ricky Ponting cricket 05 and almost all the other cricket games had that the dbc and ashes titles lack is the commentary. They actually sound like commentators. Dbc and ashes the commentators talk like robots, so slow. There is no conversation between commentators like games such as Ricky Ponting cricket and the 09 ashes game. It adds realism and for me, gets me engaged in the game
The trouble is as with Ashes 09 that once you have heard Shane Warnes anecdote about what makes a spinner a good spinner you have heard it for ever.....it adds nothing from the second time onwards.....

sashu_91

County Cricketer

Good Old Days,Remember playing this on ps1 simulator on pc..
Also, 97 BLC or maybe 99 or both had classic matches section taken from past real matches that puts you
on the same situation and then you can start from there to win or loose.That, was a great feature puts you inside the game.

Last edited:

Skankhunt 42

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
BA is doing well. They are the best, greatest, fabulous, flawless, just an iconic and inspirational game development studio. First, let them provide us a bug free game.
Of-course, commentary, in game voices, TV style presentation adds a new attractive look and freshness to the game but let this "dedicated" and "diligent" studio, get a perfect grasp on the core game itself.
Heck, once we have a polished, bug free cricket sim from BA, I'll be the first one to request the TV broadcast & cheer-leaders like 2k's NBA title, and one option when a Team can piss on pitch followed by series victory! :D ;)

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The trouble is as with Ashes 09 that once you have heard Shane Warnes anecdote about what makes a spinner a good spinner you have heard it for ever.....it adds nothing from the second time onwards.....
i know, but in my opinion it's still better than nothing

Users who are viewing this thread