Australia tour of South Africa 2018

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Saw there was no thread for this series so created one. Should be a tasty battle between the two most fiery pace bowling attacks on the planet right now as long as the Australian batsmen can hold up.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22173578/jhye-richardson-sa-tests-no-room-maxwell-sayers

Australian squad: Steven Smith (capt), David Warner, Cameron Bancroft, Jackson Bird, Pat Cummins, Peter Handscomb, Josh Hazlewood, Jon Holland, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Tim Paine (wk), Jhye Richardson, Mitchell Starc.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Richardson? They keep finding fast bowler in order not to pick Chadd Sayers

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Jhye Richardson has been good recently, but not that good to be over Sayers.[DOUBLEPOST=1516626228][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW, still no Renshaw?

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Hopefully people start to use this thread more often considering the series is almost here. My prediction for the Series 2-1 Australia.
Australia XI for the first test should look like this imo:

:bat: David Warner
:bat: Shaun Marsh
:bat: Usman Khawaja
:bat: Steven Smith
:wkb: Peter Handscomb
:ar: Mitchell Marsh
:wk: Tim Paine
:bwl: Patrick Cummins
:bwl: Mitchell Starc
:bwl: Nathan Lyon
:bwl: Josh Hazlewood

I really want to see Renshaw opening the batting, scored an excellent hundred and really hope he gets picked in the future. Bancroft honestly didn't look like he was ready for international cricket in the ashes. If he plays the first test and finds form that would be great but right now I think Handscomb should play the first test because he has come of a pretty good hundred. This will be a very tough series for both teams.

Last edited:

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Hopefully people start to use this thread more often considering the series is almost here. My prediction for the Series 2-1 Australia.
Australia XI for the first test should look like this imo:

:bat: David Warner
:bat: Shaun Marsh
:bat: Usman Khawaja
:bat: Steven Smith
:wkb: Peter Handscomb
:ar: Mitchell Marsh
:wk: Tim Paine
:bwl: Patrick Cummins
:bwl: Mitchell Starc
:bwl: Nathan Lyon
:bwl: Josh Hazlewood

I really love want to see Renshaw opening the batting, scored an excellent hundred and really hope he gets picked in the future. Bancroft honestly didn't look like he was ready for international cricket in the ashes. If he plays the first test and finds form that would be great but right now I think Handscomb should play the first test because he has come of a pretty good hundred. This will be a first tough series for both teams.

Doubt Shaun Marsh will open, especially considering his form in the Ashes. Can see Khawaja being pushed to open in the worst case but doubt that'll situation will arise too. Bancroft probably has three more games to save his immediate test future.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Doubt Shaun Marsh will open, especially considering his form in the Ashes. Can see Khawaja being pushed to open in the worst case but doubt that'll situation will arise too. Bancroft probably has three more games to save his immediate test future.
Fair enough, I haven't seen Khawaja open the batting in test cricket for a good while, Last time I saw Marsh open was the 1st test against South Africa in 2016. Don't see Sayers/Richardson getting a play unless one of our main quicks succumbs to an injury or mitch marsh is dropped. Other than that, I suspect a very good series coming up

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Encouraging result in the warm-up game for Australia even though the intensity decreased by time the game reached the final day. Most batsmen looked in decent touch but will need to convert their starts. Mitchell Marsh bowled more than he did in the Ashes (but only at a 6/10 level) and that's a positive.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
170/4 is a decent position to be in for Australia. Disappointing that Smith didn't go on to make a big score, slowed down a lot (a worrying recent trend) after he reached 35-40 and eventually the pressure got to him. Can't really blame Warner about the way he got out either.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Bancroft's performance has been abysmal. They should've added Renshaw to the squad instead of Handscomb in case bancroft didn't perform.
170/4 is a decent position to be in for Australia. Disappointing that Smith didn't go on to make a big score, slowed down a lot (a worrying recent trend) after he reached 35-40 and eventually the pressure got to him. Can't really blame Warner about the way he got out either.
marsh brothers need to build a big partnership and get us to 300+

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Older Marsh brother gone, will be a good test for the lower order.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Renshaw is much better than Bancroft.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Any medium through which this can be watched (with delay is fine too) from India?

Users who are viewing this thread